How To Connect Laptop to TV

Herbalist Dr MziziMkavu

JF-Expert Member
Feb 3, 2009
This article is all about, how to connect laptop to TV. The small screen of our laptops may not always be the right interface, to watch a movie, or for a matter of fact, show some digital photographs to our friends and family. Connecting laptop to TV can be the right solution in such cases. This article has thus been written to solve the query, how to connect laptop to TV.

302807-381-59.jpg

If you have an HDTV (High Definition Television) at your home, then of course, you would want to view the high definition movies that you have in your laptop on the same. What can be the solution? You are basically faced with the question, how to connect laptop to TV. This is something that is possible and you can do it with ease, provided you have a laptop to TV connector. Connecting laptop to TV, makes many other tasks simpler.

Suppose you had gone abroad or maybe to the countryside and you have clicked some wonderful pictures. If you want to share these pictures with your friends and family members, then showing them on your laptop computerwill not add the quality to the pictures. In such cases, you can try connecting your laptop to your TV. Without wasting any more time on why we need to learn, how to connect laptop to TV, lets get into the different methods of connecting the laptop to the TV.

Connecting Laptop to TV using S-Video Connector
S Video or Super video is perhaps the age old way of connecting the laptop to TV. The picture quality that you get on connecting laptop to TV using S-Video cable is not very good. It is however, one of the most feasible ways of doing so, because S-Video port is available in almost all televisions. But the S-video connector, that comes along with the laptop may be a 4 pins one or a 7 pins one. If you have a 7 pins connector in your laptop, you do not have to worry. You can always use a 7 pins to 4 pins, S-Video connector.

Connecting Laptop to TV using VGA Connector
VGA is the abbreviation of Video Graphics Array. However, a VGA connector can only be used for connecting laptop to HDTV. Ordinary televisions do not come along with the VGA port. The picture quality that you get on connecting a laptop to an HDTV using a VGA connector, is definitely superior to what you get when using a S-Video connector.

Connecting Laptop to TV using DVI Connector
Digital Visual Interface (DVI) can also be used for connecting laptop to computer. Almost all desktop computers and laptops are equipped with this facility. It is again necessary that your TV should have the DVI port. However, for transmitting audio from your laptop to your TV, you will need a separate audio cable.

Connecting Laptop to TV using HDMI Connector
There is nothing that can beat the picture quality of this mode of connecting laptop to TV. Most of the HDTVs do come with the feature of getting an HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) connected. However, all laptops do not have this feature. In such a case, you can use an HDMI to DVI converter or adapter to get your purpose solved. The cost of HDMI connector is definitely more than that of any other connector, but the picture quality that you will get, while using this mode of connection is definitely worth it.

Connecting Laptop to TV using RCA Connector
This is another way of connecting laptops to TV. There are three cables in an RCA cable. The red and white colored cable stand for right and left analog audio respectively. The yellow cable is used for composite video. It is almost obvious that your laptop will not have the RCA connection feature. But you can use an RCA to S-video converter for getting the RCA connector connected to your computer.

With this, I sum up my article on how to connect laptop to TV. But before I end, let me tell you that there are chances that inspite of making the necessary connection, you may not get the output on your TV screen. Under such cases, try reducing the screen resolution of your laptop. This is the one of the most common solutions to such problems

to see a movie, or a matter of fact, show some digital photos with friends and family. Connecting a laptop to the TV may be the solution in these cases. For this we can use HDMI cable if Your TV has HDMI port.

toshiba coupon

Am in need of that connection, my laptop has only VGA,USB,H Phone and Mic jack pin, Enternet-Link only While my TV is LCD samsung has HDMI, VGA, AV connector, So l have succeeded to connect VGA cable and the pictures is ok... problem is Audio ? We have tried several time either through jack pins to av of tv but to no avail, kindly l need your assistance..

This article is all about, how to connect laptop to TV. The small screen of our laptops may not always be the right interface, to watch a movie, or for a matter of fact, show some digital photographs to our friends and family. Connecting laptop to TV can be the right solution in such cases. This article has thus been written to solve the query, how to connect laptop to TV.

302807-381-59.jpg

If you have an HDTV (High Definition Television) at your home, then of course, you would want to view the high definition movies that you have in your laptop on the same. What can be the solution? You are basically faced with the question, how to connect laptop to TV. This is something that is possible and you can do it with ease, provided you have a laptop to TV connector. Connecting laptop to TV, makes many other tasks simpler.

Suppose you had gone abroad or maybe to the countryside and you have clicked some wonderful pictures. If you want to share these pictures with your friends and family members, then showing them on your laptop computerwill not add the quality to the pictures. In such cases, you can try connecting your laptop to your TV. Without wasting any more time on why we need to learn, how to connect laptop to TV, lets get into the different methods of connecting the laptop to the TV.

Connecting Laptop to TV using S-Video Connector
S Video or Super video is perhaps the age old way of connecting the laptop to TV. The picture quality that you get on connecting laptop to TV using S-Video cable is not very good. It is however, one of the most feasible ways of doing so, because S-Video port is available in almost all televisions. But the S-video connector, that comes along with the laptop may be a 4 pins one or a 7 pins one. If you have a 7 pins connector in your laptop, you do not have to worry. You can always use a 7 pins to 4 pins, S-Video connector.

Connecting Laptop to TV using VGA Connector
VGA is the abbreviation of Video Graphics Array. However, a VGA connector can only be used for connecting laptop to HDTV. Ordinary televisions do not come along with the VGA port. The picture quality that you get on connecting a laptop to an HDTV using a VGA connector, is definitely superior to what you get when using a S-Video connector.

Connecting Laptop to TV using DVI Connector
Digital Visual Interface (DVI) can also be used for connecting laptop to computer. Almost all desktop computers and laptops are equipped with this facility. It is again necessary that your TV should have the DVI port. However, for transmitting audio from your laptop to your TV, you will need a separate audio cable.

Connecting Laptop to TV using HDMI Connector
There is nothing that can beat the picture quality of this mode of connecting laptop to TV. Most of the HDTVs do come with the feature of getting an HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) connected. However, all laptops do not have this feature. In such a case, you can use an HDMI to DVI converter or adapter to get your purpose solved. The cost of HDMI connector is definitely more than that of any other connector, but the picture quality that you will get, while using this mode of connection is definitely worth it.

Connecting Laptop to TV using RCA Connector
This is another way of connecting laptops to TV. There are three cables in an RCA cable. The red and white colored cable stand for right and left analog audio respectively. The yellow cable is used for composite video. It is almost obvious that your laptop will not have the RCA connection feature. But you can use an RCA to S-video converter for getting the RCA connector connected to your computer.

With this, I sum up my article on how to connect laptop to TV. But before I end, let me tell you that there are chances that inspite of making the necessary connection, you may not get the output on your TV screen. Under such cases, try reducing the screen resolution of your laptop. This is the one of the most common solutions to such problems

however I got an idea on it!

Back
Top Bottom