How can I stop my neighbor from using my wireless connection?

Herbalist Dr MziziMkavu

JF-Expert Member
Feb 3, 2009
Kumzuia Jirani yako asitumie Wireless Connection yako bure bure tumia njia hii hapa Chini

Hi there. What's happening here is that your router is broadcasting what's called a SSID (a name assigned to your network). If you do not have any wireless network security enabled on the router, your neighbor can see this SSID and connect to the network

without authorization. While this is generally frowned upon as being unethical, it is technically not illegal as you have "made the network available" by failing to secure it. The easiest way to secure the network is through the use of a WEP key or a WPA

pass-phrase. WEP keys are generally 5, 10, 13 or 26 randomly generated characters long. WPA pass-phrases are just that - a phrase such as "The sun is yellow". Either method will prevent unauthorized users from accessing your network. Only those individuals who possess the key or pass-phrase are granted access.

These options should be located under the Wireless > Wireless Security tabs from within the router administration. To access the administration, open a browser (Internet

Explorer or Firefox) and navigate to the following address: http://192.168.1.1. Provided a password hasn't been set, the username should either be blank or "admin" and the password should be "admin". If a password has been assigned and forgotten, you can

reset the router by depressing the "reset" button for 30 seconds. This will restore the router to "factory settings" and you may loose any settings that were previously saved.

UKTUMIA HII NJIA UTAKUWA UMEMKOMOWA JIRANI YAKO ASITUMIE BURE WIRELESS CONNECTION YAKO.

Kumzuia Jirani yako asitumie Wireless Connection yako bure bure tumia njia hii hapa Chini

Hi there. What's happening here is that your router is broadcasting what's called a SSID (a name assigned to your network). If you do not have any wireless network security enabled on the router, your neighbor can see this SSID and connect to the network

without authorization. While this is generally frowned upon as being unethical, it is technically not illegal as you have "made the network available" by failing to secure it. The easiest way to secure the network is through the use of a WEP key or a WPA

pass-phrase. WEP keys are generally 5, 10, 13 or 26 randomly generated characters long. WPA pass-phrases are just that - a phrase such as "The sun is yellow". Either method will prevent unauthorized users from accessing your network. Only those individuals who possess the key or pass-phrase are granted access.

These options should be located under the Wireless > Wireless Security tabs from within the router administration. To access the administration, open a browser (Internet

Explorer or Firefox) and navigate to the following address: http://192.168.1.1. Provided a password hasn't been set, the username should either be blank or "admin" and the password should be "admin". If a password has been assigned and forgotten, you can

reset the router by depressing the "reset" button for 30 seconds. This will restore the router to "factory settings" and you may loose any settings that were previously saved.

UKTUMIA HII NJIA UTAKUWA UMEMKOMOWA JIRANI YAKO ASITUMIE BURE WIRELESS CONNECTION YAKO.

Kwa maelezo zaidi soma hapa:

1. Prevent someone else from using your wireless Internet connection
2. How to Secure Your Wi-Fi Network - Prevent People from Stealing your Wireless Internet Connection
3. How to Tell If an Outside User Is on Your Wireless Network - wikiHow
4. 6 Tips to Secure Your Wireless Ethernet Network
5. Secure A Wireless Network Connection - Prevent Bandwidth Loss
6. How can I block neighboring wireless networks?

why should i stop my neighbor ? :p

Jirani si tunatakiwa kupendana au? :p

Tatizo huwezi juwa huyo jirani yako, anatumia hiyo wireless yako kwa matumizi gani. Vile vile ukiwa na internet nyumbani providers huwa wanatoa kiwango maalum cha matumizi kwa mfano mimi nina 30GB kwa mwezi, na huwa na-download movies na mambo mengine yenye GB kubwa kubwa, sasa na jirani naye akiwa ni mtu wa kudownload vitu vyenye GB kubwa kubwa, itakula kwangu, kwani bill itakayokuja ni mimi ndiye nitakaye lipa... na kama kutakuwa na fraud yoyote amefanya au anafanya wewe mwenye kumiliki hiyo wireless internet connection ndio utawajiba. Aweza kutumia tu, kama tutakubaliana na nina muamini kuwa ni mtu safi.

Jamani nami nataka kuweka wi-fi nyumbani kwangu kwa ajili ya kuwezesha kuunganisha laptop zaidi ya moja kwenye mtandao. Nahitaji equipments gani niweza kufanikisha?

Jamani nami nataka kuweka wi-fi nyumbani kwangu kwa ajili ya kuwezesha kuunganisha laptop zaidi ya moja kwenye mtandao. Nahitaji equipments gani niweza kufanikisha?
Waone kampuni yoyote iliyo karibu nawe, wenye kutoa uduma ya Internet.

Waone kampuni yoyote iliyo karibu nawe, wenye kutoa uduma ya Internet.

Nilifikiri naweza kufanya mwenyewe, as long as nina internet connection at home (TTCL Broadband) . Suala ni kunununua chombo gani kwa gharama nafuu?

Wabongo kwa kupenda vya dezooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!, tuko juuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!, ndio maana tunaletewa bidhaa feki!!!!!

Tujifunze kununua kwa pesa zetu wenyewe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nilifikiri naweza kufanya mwenyewe, as long as nina internet connection at home (TTCL Broadband) . Suala ni kunununua chombo gani kwa gharama nafuu?
Unaweza kufanya mwenyewe, mi nilidhani kuwa huna internet kabisa, fuata maelekezo au link aliyokuandikia Kang hapo juu.

sikia ukitaka mfumo mzima wasiliana na edjizzo@yahoo.com au 0712484995

Hey contact zako tumeshaziona sio lazima kila comment uziweke,kama unataka kujitangaza ki hivyo nenda kwenye MATANGAZO ukatangaze,2nategemea solutions in here maana c m2 mmoja 2 ambae anakuwa anasumbuliwa na tatizo hilo.

Back
Top Bottom