Home of AC Milan, Official Thread

Milan is not going to offer more than 45 million euros (40 million basis and 5 million bonuses) for Angel Correa. Atletico expects 50 million euros and does not want to drop the price. Both clubs are still negotiating. Tottenham is one of the clubs that thinks about the 24-year-old. For Spurs, meeting the financial expectations of the player and Atletico is not a problem. So far, the English have not made an official offer for the Argentinian.

Biglia has said yes to Genoa. Genoa offering him three-year contract worth €1.8M/year. Now they need to find an agreement with Milan who want a compensation to let the Argentine midfielder leave

The Correa situation is now a little more complicated. Milan and Atletico had found a 40 million euros agreement but the rossoneri could not close the deal because of Andre Silva's failed transfer to Monaco.

Atletico would now like to get a little more for Correa so let's see. Milan have cooled down talks on the Correa front since they first want to see what will happen with Andre Silva.

Even so, Correa's agent was recently in Milano so there was likely a contact between Milan and the player's agent'.

AC Milan just sold off Patrick Cutrone to Wolverhampton in the EPL for 22 million euros bonuses included. The rossoneri are on the verge of completing a double swoop as Rafael Leao (35 million euros) and Leo
Duarte (10-11 million euros) are set to join the club in the coming hours.

Milan have so far signed Theo Hernandez, Rade Krunic and Ismael Bennacer (who still has to be officialized). More to come on the matter...

🗣 Cutrone: "I wanted to tell you so many things but I don't know where to start.

Dear Milan, it is so.

You welcomed me at 8, I was a child who dreamed of scoring at San Siro. Now I've grown up as a footballer and as a man. Rossonero, on the field and in life. An immense honour. Thank you so much to everyone: from the staff to my teammates. And a big hug to my fans. Forever in my heart: you made me feel loved at all times.
For me, leaving a memory in your heart is the most beautiful victory.
I wish the best to the club I love, my teammates and you fans!

With all my heart, Rossoneri,
Patrick.

Forza Cutro, buona fortuna! ❤️🖤

Milan are still working on reducing the gap between offer and demand with Atletico Madrid for Correa. Milan's offer is €40M while Atletico ask for €50M. Talks have also resumed with Monaco for Andre Silva with the Rossoneri hope to get at least €20M
[Gazzetta dello Sport]

Milan already have Correa's consent on the transfer. If Andre Silva's sale were to go through the deal would become easier to happen [@cmdotcom]

OFFICIAL STATEMENT: RAFAEL LEÃO

The Portuguese forward has signed a five-year deal with the Club

AC Milan (the Club) is delighted to announce that the Club has reached an agreement with LOSC Lille for the acquisition of Portuguese forward Rafael Alexandre da Conceiҫão Leão. The 20-year old attacker joins the Rossoneri on a five-year deal.

Born in Almada (Portugal) on June 10th 1999, Rafael Leão joined Sporting CP youth teams before making his début with the First Team in 2017 recording 5 appearances, scoring two goals and winning the Taҫa da Liga. In summer 2018 he joined LOSC Lille, in France, with whom he scored 8 goals in 26 matches. He has also played with Portugal’s youth national teams starting from U16 up to U21 and won the UEFA European U-17 Championship in 2016.

Barbara happybday to u
Screenshot_2019-08-01-16-11-30.jpeg

Milan named their squad for the International Champions Cup game against Manchester United, with Andre Silva, but not Lucas Paqueta.

The Rossoneri’s third and final game of the summer tournament kicks off at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff on Saturday at 17.30 UK time.

Coach Marco Giampaolo has called up 22 players for the trip, including Andre Silva, who is reported to be in advanced talks for a transfer to Monaco.

However, Paqueta does not make the journey due to a slight injury.

Rade Krunic is the only one of the summer signings to feature, but Daniel Maldini, the 17-year-old son of legend Paolo and grandson of Cesare, could get another run-out.

Milan squad for Manchester United: A Donnarumma, G Donnarumma, Reina; Calabria, Conti, Gabbia, Musacchio, Rodriguez, Romagnoli, Strinic; Biglia, Bonaventura, Brescianini, Çalhanoglu, Krunic, Mionic; Andre Silva, Borini, Castillejo, Maldini, Suso, Piatek

AS Monaco Director General Oleg Petrov to AFP: "André Silva? The transfer did not happen because of financial disagreements between the clubs. Not because of an injury. Currently, there is no negotiation. We are looking at other options."

Mediaset: Wolves have offered €28M for Kessie. The Ivorian however doesn’t seem convinced and wants to stay in Milan.

New AC Milan signing Rafael Leao has revealed his delight at joining the club he played with on the PlayStation growing up.

The Portugal U21 international arrived in Milano earlier in the week before undergoing medical tests on Wednesday and Thursday.

It is believed that his move from Lille has been formalised for a fee of €30m-plus-bonuses, and he has agreed a five-year deal with the Rossoneri.

You can read our profile on Leao here, but in the mean time here’s what he said to Milan TV.

“I always chose Milan when I played on the PlayStation because a very strong team that won the Champions League so many times,” Leao said.

“The club has had many great players in the past. I never saw them live, but I watched videos of Maldini, Rui Costa, Kakà, Seedorf. They are all great names that have made history in football. It is very nice to be here

On his Rossoneri idols: “Kakà was a champion. The Brazilian players always have a special talent and Kakà has marked the history of Milan. He won the Ballon d’Or with the Rossoneri shirt and I am proud to have arrived at the club where he has played in the past.”

Leao is expected to be deployed as a second striker alongside Krzysztof Piatek – something he is relishing the opportunity to do.

“When you play with two instead of one you have more chances. One stays more firm, while the other has more freedom. I came here to help the team regardless of the role the coach will give me.

“I’m here to help make Milan achieve its goals. It is clear that Piatek is a great striker who showed all his value already at the time of Genoa. Then after his arrival at Milan he did the same, scoring many goals. I hope to help him with many assists. The more goals he will score, the better the team will go.”

On his ‘phone call’ celebration: “I started to celebrate like this during my time at Sporting Lisbon.

“It was my way of cheering with my father in games where he was not at the stadium. It was as if I made a call to my father to tell him: ‘I scored another goal for you, Dad.’

“I am fast and I like to bet on the man. I like to assist, but scoring goals is also part of my technical background. It is important to lend a hand and play for the team.

“I am not an individualist, I play for the team and I always try to help my teammates. I came here to give my best. If I arrived here it was thanks to the work I did.

I have to prove my worth on the pitch. I feel that I have arrived at a great club and that my companions will help me. I am here to give my best.”

On his favourite music: “I like rap and Spanish music mostly. I like a bit of everything, even dance music.”

Finally, a message for the fans: “Hi Rossoneri fans, I’m Rafael Leao. A big hug, come on Milan!”

Giampaolo: "Suso is a Champion, he is a strong player and we have to keep the strong players. I also told that to the club and to him. It's not a problem. He's one who can decide things."

Giampaolo: “After the Benfica game I already said that we played with faith and attachment, clear idea of play and in a collective way. Attention to detail is part of the job. Milan have strong and quality players. With time they will improve even more.”

Giampaolo: “Suso is top class. He is a strong player and we have to keep the top players. I said this to the club and to him. It’s not an issue. He drives me crazy and is a player that can determinant.”

WHY MILAN SHOULD SELL SUSO

Over the last few years Milan's most talked about player has been Jesus Suso. A winger by trade Suso has been Milan's Right Winger and has been lauded as the future for Rossoneri to return to the UCL. With 7 goals and 10 assists last season Suso had an excellent season for Milan. But here I look at why Milan should sell Suso

1. INCONSISTENCY

Suso ended up with 7 goals and 10 assists last season, a remarkable feat. Something only Zlatan did in 2011/12 season. But how were these stats when spread. Suso got only 1 GOAL AND 1 ASSIST between November 6 and May 6 which means he only 4 productive months. Out of these 10 assists 3 assists came against the relegated chievo side.

In the seasons before this Suso showed similar patters of fading between November to April where he looks completely exhausted of ideas.

2. CAPITAL GAINS

Ever since Gazidis took over the role of CEO, he spoke about Capital gains i.e essentially profits made from sales of player. Suso was bought by Milan for €1M and anything we receive more than that will be a profit in the books. With his RC set at €38M it would bring in funds which could be reinvested in the market.

3. CHANGE IN POSITION

With Giampaolo preffering 4-3-1-2 there is no place for wingers and Suso gets affected the most. Naturally known to drift towards the right Suso has been shunted out to an unfamiliar position. Although he has shown promise in the last few friendly games, it could be a different ball game when he plays against Serie A defences.

4. LACK OF PACE

Giampaolos game is based on quick one touch passing and counter attacking the opponent and catching them off guard. Suso, who is an expert at crossing and is a good passer lacks speed like modern wingers. This could affect the overall game and tactics of the team

Giampaolo in his press conference spoke about how he is impressed with Suso but a meeting has been scheduled with Suso's agent, Alessandro Lucci. Milan may sell him.

Back
Top Bottom