Home of AC Milan, Official Thread

BREAKING NEWS ⚠⚫🔴✅

DONE DEAL: AC Milan have reached an agreement with Atletico Madrid for the forward Angel Correa. The Rossoneri will pay 50 million euros with easy to reach bonuses plus another 7 million more in difficult to reach bonuses, for a total of 57 million euros. (Di Marzio)
Duh kweli Angel Correa ana uwezo mkubwa wa kufika potential yake akiwa AC Milan ila naona hilo dau kama ni kubwa sana. €50 Million si mara kumi wangemsajili James Rodriguez au David Neres ama any proven player at his peek.

Serie A giants AC Milan are now close to sealing the deal for Atletico Madrid's Angel Correa with a meeting between the parties scheduled for later today in what will be a hectic day in the deal.

Our correspondent Fabrizio Romano understands that Correa has practically defined his agreement with the rossoneri and has agreed personal terms already.

He will sign a deal till the summer of 2024 for just 3 million euros a season. He is now waiting for the green light for the deal with Atletico Madrid to be complete as soon as possible.
There is a distance between the two parties currently as Milan are offering 40 million euros initially plus bonuses to take the deal upto 48 million euros. Atletico though, want 50 million euros in the total deal.

It is a minor distance but it will be settled by today once Andrea Berta talks with the rossoneri management about the deal. Correa is now waiting, with his agent now in contact with Milan to complete the deal.

Giampaolo looks for Milan 'vision'

Milan Coach Marco Giampaolo warned he is “only relatively interested in the result” against Bayern Munich. “We need a vision.”

The Rossoneri take on Bayern Munich in Kansas City on Wednesday at 02.00 UK time in their International Champions Cup opener.

“It is a high-level test and we’ve been training for 10 days, so I expect to see some of the things we’ve been working on,” said the Coach in his Press conference.

“We’re always up against the clock, especially with the travelling, but I saw a sense of responsibility from the team and this is a test to show us where we are, what we need to work on and how the interaction between players is progressing.

“It remains a football match and we need to enjoy ourselves. I am only relatively interested in the result, as I pay more attention to the quality of the performance and the desire to play a role within the game, which must be our mantra.

“We’ve got a very long way to go and these tests simply allow us to evaluate the situation.”

Giampaolo was asked for clues on his starting XI, but reiterated that was the wrong approach to these pre-season friendlies.

“I think about the line-up the morning of the game, as that is the last of my concerns right now. That is not my approach to football. I have an idea, the players have their qualities and must try to realise that idea.

“We want to be recognisable. It’s a long, tortuous process, but we need a vision in order to achieve more important results. We’ve only been together for 10 days.”

It’s safe to say Krzysztof Piatek will be leading the attack, especially after Andre Silva left training to complete his Monaco transfer.

“I knew Kris as an opponent and am getting to know him better in training. He’s a complete player: he has strength, technique, a nose for goal and the ability to run into space. I’ve really been impressed over these 10 days.”

Theo Hernandez injured anterior talofibular ligament in the right leg (second-degree injury). The Frenchman should return to the field in about three weeks.

[Mediaset]

Genoa have made an inquiry for Biglia, as they have initiated contact with his entourage over a transfer.

Milan are reportedly in talks to sign Lille and Portugal Under-21 striker Rafael Leao. According to Portuguese journalist Claudia Garcia, who broke news of Paulo Fonseca’s appointment at Roma, Leao is in negotiations with Milan. Garcia explains a deal could happen thanks to Elliott Management’s involvement in operations at Lille. He could replace Patrick Cutrone, with Wolverhampton Wanderers understood to be close to agreeing a fee for the hitman.

CM: Giampaolo changes plans for young Milan star after Bayern display
By Oliver Fisher - 25 July 2019, 16:25

AC Milan boss Marco Giampaolo could choose to keep Matteo Gabbia around next season after his impressive display against Bayern Munich, a report claims.

The 19-year-old defender played a full 90 minutes against the Bundesliga champions in Kansas City on Tuesday night, putting in an assured performance in a narrow 1-0 defeat.

He spent last season on loan at Serie C side Lucchese and performed very well with Italy at the recent U20 World Cup.

According to a report from Calciomercato.com interest in Gabbia has arrived: Serie B side Chievo are interested in loaning him, while Brescia are interested in signing him permanently.

However, Gabbia has seemingly impressed at the right time, as Giampaolo is now reportedly intrigued by the player and could decide to keep him at the club.

It is no secret though that the Rossoneri looking to sign a new defender since Mattia Caldara won’t return until October, but Gabbia could stick around for the time being to provide key depth.

Daniel Maldini should make the squad.
Looking at the team sheet and seeing the name “Maldini” almost brought me to tears if I’m being honest with you.

Daniel is neither his father nor his grandfather - reflecting the changing ethos of modern football, the third-generation Maldini is an attacking midfielder rather than a defender. He saw his debut with the first team in this game, playing the 10 role at the tip of Giampaolo’s diamond midfield.

As mentioned, this is the first time Daniel’s seen first team action, which isn’t exactly surprising for a 17 year old. Rarely do players that young see any real time with the first team, nor should they (remember Hachim Mastour [RIP]?). That said, Giampalo’s system puts a ton of emphasis on the midfield - without wide attacking players, the ball needs to be constantly moving between the strikers, advanced midfielders, and the wide fullbacks in order to create necessary space in the attacking third.

This type of possession-based system, should it all go according to plan, could put a large burden onto trequartista-type players, of which Milan currently have checks notes Suso, at best. This being the New Milan, with an added emphasis on developing young talent to grow with the team, I’d like to see Maldini make a few appearance with the first team in competitive action this year.

Theo Hernandez will be a Top 3 left back by the end of the season.
Hernandez went down with an ankle injury at the end of the first half of the game with initial tests showing no structural damage, which appears to be promising. But before the injury, it wouldn’t be much of a stretch to say that Theo was the best Milan player on the pitch.

Giampaolo’s system is one that places a ton of emphasis on its fullbacks - with a narrow midfield and two strikers, the fullbacks are the only wide players available, so it’s on them to both provide attacking width and to defend the outside areas in their own third. Throughout the first half, if Milan were making attacking moves, odds are that Theo was involved - between providing service from the left and cutting inside to confuse defenders, he showed that the rumors of attacking potential aren’t unwarranted.

While the other end of the pitch was a touch more worrying, it wasn’t exactly an issue - Bayern were very much able to attack the right side space but even when the ball came into the middle, Theo’s defensive positioning more or less ensured that the ball was not as dangerous as it could be.

#Rumour According to Alfredo Pedullà, in the last few hours there have been contacts between Genoa and Lucas Biglia's entourage., Biglia's season started very well in the sense that the Argentine was among the best against Bayern, confirming quality out of the question, but the contract is about to expire, and it was no coincidence that Milan had (vainly ) proposed to Fiorentina in the context of the operation, then wrecked, for Veretout. Now the Genoa polls, spotlights on Biglia waiting to see if the negotiation can take off ".

The agent of Angel Correa and Matias Zaracho, Augustin Jimenez, is in Milano as Milan look to close the deal for the Atletico Madrid forward [@cmdotcom]

Milan and Flamengo are in advanced negotiations for Leo Duarte. Milan are ready to pay around €10M for the defender [@venecasagrande]

Maheta Molango, the CEO of La Liga side Mallorca, had a two hour meeting with Milan to discuss some players that could leave Milan.

The agreement between Milan and Flamengo over Léo Duarte should be on the basis of around €10m, possibly paid in two installments - one now and one in January. There's also discussion on a percentage of a future sale Flamengo would be entitled to. [via @PBPcalcio]

According to @MilanNewsit today's Cutrone agent is reviewing his contract.
Between Monday and Tuesday Patrick will leave for England, where he will have his medical tests and will sign the new contract, which will bind him to the Wolves until June 2023.

According to @MilanNewsit today's Cutrone agent is reviewing his contract.
Between Monday and Tuesday Patrick will leave for England, where he will have his medical tests and will sign the new contract, which will bind him to the Wolves until June 2023.

Andrea Conti for La Gazzetta dello Sport:

The most difficult moment for me was the second injury. I was very angry at myself because I wanted to play very much, but unfortunately I did not have that opportunity.

I am not a person who considers himself as a victim of his destiny. I believe that having or not being luck is an excuse for the weak. I never thought about finishing my career or surrendering. Maybe I have not worked well enough before or I was not prepared well enough or the preparation was not right.

Calabria? We are great friends. We also meet in private life, not only on the pitch. If any of us needs some advice, for example related to the pitch, we talk each other about it. I'm not angry when he appears on the pitch instead of me and vice-versa. Our relationships will always be in the first place. Davide played an important season, but I do not feel worse than anyone and I want to prove that Milan made the right decision, bringing me here.

I would like to return to the national team. I would like to achieve some success in Europe, but everything will depend on the game in Milan. I have a good relationship with Mancini, who created a really good group. I would like to be part of it.

I would love to refer to the successes of Abate in Milan. I would like to spend many years of my career here, and even, if it is possible, finish my career here.

Will it be my season? I hope.

PROFILING RAFAEL LEAO

Milan's latest rumoured signing in the striker department is Lille's Rafael Leao. A replacement for outgoing striker Patrick Cutrone, very few people know about Lille's upcoming talent. Here we take a look at the players strengths and weakness.

Personal Profile: Leao was born in Portugal on 10/06/1999 and completed 20 years of age last month. He came through the ranks of the famous Sporting CP academy (same academy which gave Cristiano Ronaldo, Nani etc). This earned him a move to Lille via the watchful eye of Luis Campos. The sporting director know for sporting talents. He soon moved to Lille.

STRENGTHS: Leao is a very pacy striker with good physicality. He is 186 cm tall and is a good dribbler and like to carry the ball from defence to attack very well. With his blistering pace and Skills, he is a nightmare for defenders who get beaten very easily. Giampaolo who uses a counter attacking style will have leao as a blessing with his versatility and his technical skills. Also with his height he possess an aerial threat in corners and set peices

WEAKNESS: with lack of experience, Leao lacks composure and rushes with his decisions. Lack of Serie A experience, could see him take some time to adjust to the deep blocks of Serie A.

OPINION: Overall I think Leao is a very though out signing all though he seems very young. His profile suits Giampaolos tactics who is known to bring out the best out of players in his stints with Empoli and Sampdoria.

Rafael Leão to AC Milan, here we go! Total agreement reached with Lille, the Portuguese striker is now in Milano and is going to sign his contract until June 2024. 🔴⚫️

Back
Top Bottom