HOD don't want me in his department, he's pressuring HR to fire me. How can I sue them?

Michael Ngusa

JF-Expert Member
Aug 4, 2014
Friends,

HOD personally hates me and his accusations fall under the category of Minor Offenses which are not included in job termination. To work things around, HR gave me a quarterly review so they can have a reason to fire me based on performance and character. My probation of 6 months ends next year on February. I held a meeting with HOD yesterday, he kept insisting that it's over, and saying he has the CEO's support plus other senior members. He's done with me and I will just proceed with HR processes this morning.

I want to fight this because it's against their policy. Actually the entity is a very respectful Bank. And at 100% I'm on the winning side.

So please advise, what should I progress to with HR this morning? Is there a lawyer to see a potential in my case and cooperate for later pay? (according to the HR coworker who's secretly a close friend of mine, I'm to be compensated if I go to court). *and if my contract is terminated anyways, what are my benefits?

Waiting for your advice.

Yaan watu wanataka waku-release from slavery we bado hutaki?!, em wacha HOD akate minyororo hiyo bhana..

I have a very simple question(I'm not a lawyer though),are you into any kind of a relationship with his girlfriend?.

Sir, as I understand, your Institution wants to terminate you. Be informed that termination, during probation, is allowed and hard to challenge. Kindly be advised to pursue your matter in social ways than legal. Thanks

Sir, as I understand, your Institution wants to terminate you. Be informed that termination, during probation, is allowed and hard to challenge. Kindly be advised to pursue your matter in social ways than legal. Thanks
But if one is exhibiting excellence in probation why fire him?! Codes do apply

But if one is exhibiting excellence in probation why fire him?! Codes do apply

Someone is terminated for poor performance and bad behaviour during probation. Probation is a clear chance for the employer to ascertain the compatibility of the employee.

Someone is terminated for poor performance and bad behaviour during probation. Probation is a clear chance for the employer to ascertain the compatibility of the employee.
Employment is slave trade, and slave masters can do pretty much what they wish to do with their slave.., that includes firing them..!

Thank you for the insight. Then what are my benefits if the probation is terminated, a one month salary? my PSPF...?

Thank you for the insight. Then what are my benefits if the probation is terminated, a one month salary? my PSPF...?
My friend embu nenda kasome HR manual ujue your strength and weakness ulizonazo ahead.
Maswala ya pension yapo wazi kama huna obligation yeyote ya kulipa mikopo to your employer pension yako itakuwa ni mali yako!

No, jus the chemistry didn't match.

arlight.....here is my advice,while in office,take some few minutes to investigate the source of the ill-feeling between you two,cos I'm a afraid could be involved with personal issues.

Now, suppose one had already been confirmed, a year or so later your boss tells you that he has seen your performance deteriorating and therefore he has decided to place you under probation period of 3 months, of which will amount to termination if not matched his expectations.

Can this be challenged legally?

Employment is slave trade, and slave masters can do pretty much what they wish to do with their slave.., that includes firing them..!

Mkuu maneno yako yanakata maini ila ni ya kweli kabisa, badala ya kuanza kukutukana hapa inabidi mimi kama mwajiliwa nianze kujiangalia upya ni kweli kabisa hii ni minyororo tena ya chuma chakavu.

Now, suppose one had already been confirmed, a year or so later your boss tells you that he has seen your performance deteriorating and therefore he has decided to place you under probation period of 3 months, of which will amount to termination if not matched his expectations.

Can this be challenged legally?

Dude your issues relate to unfair terminations and matters of that nature but the ELRA(Employment and Labour Relations Act no6 of 2004) S.35 specifically states that you have to be in employment for not less than 6 months in order for you to bring about matters that relate to unfair termination therefore i highly doubt if u have surpassed that stipulated time, also probation ranges from 3-6 months or over depending on the contract...if you are already confirmed there would be no subsequent probation they can only fire you on your perfomance,,but if you are on probation, then your given another probation to re evaluate you again that is common...

Back
Top Bottom