Hii tweet ya World Bank Tanzania unaweza fikiri kuwa ni fake

Kizungu kinatupa shida, na mimi nikiwemo. Kwa hiyo, siwezi kumlaumu ndugu yangu huyu. Hata hivyo, naomba utusaidie kuturekebisha kila upatapo wasaa ili nasi tuwe bora katika kuwasilisha mawazo yetu kwa lugha ya kiingereza.

Natanguliza shukrani.
Kingereza siyo lugha yetu makosa kama kawaida tu 😂😂😂

First of all, I am not the Economist , but I am a die hard inquirer of economic matters.

With this background, now you are in a position to trust my argument regarding the GDP.

To start with, let us see what economic experts are talking about GDP. Join me to read some quotes from the experts, and follow the detailed information from a link provided.

In summary, GDP indicator is flawed. Trust me.
======
GDP is born of the manufacturing age. It measures “things you can drop on your foot”. Yet in advanced economies such as the US, up to 80% of production is in the service industry. GDP doesn’t do services - at least not very well. It is good at quantity, but lousy at quality. If the food or service improves in your local restaurant, GDP will not notice. Ditto, if an airline’s safety record improves. In fact, GDP might prefer a plane crash - so that it can build a new plane.
GDP is flummoxed by the Internet. If I buy my own cheap airline ticket, check myself in online and pick my own aisle seat, my convenience has gone up. But GDP has gone down. I am my own travel agent, a job that would once have been performed by a fully paid-up GDP-producing employee. Wikipedia provides all human knowledge free of charge. In GDP terms, it is worth zilch.
GDP deals in aggregates; GDP per capita in averages.In an age where a huge cause of social dislocation is inequality, GDP has nothing to say about distribution. Averages are misleading. Medians are better than means. A rise in average GDP could actually be retrograde, if it leaves 99% of people resentful at how the 1% is making good.
From GDP’s perspective, bigger is always better. In the real world, that is not always so. When the financial sector got bigger and bigger, it ended in financial crisis. When the US health service gets bigger and bigger, it means costs are out of control.
In general, GDP measures only cash transactions. In Europe that includes heroin and prostitution. However, volunteer work, housework or looking after an ageing relative count for nothing. GDP has skewed priorities.
In poor countries, the informal sector is practically invisible to GDP. Yet in much of the world, the informal economy counts for most. Monitoring economic activity from space, through satellite images of nightlights, might be more accurate than on-the-ground GDP, academic studies have found.
=====
Mkuu BAK and Wyatt Mathewson,

Hatimae Ndugu TUJITEGEMEE ametoa jibu lake hapo juu! Ajabu ni kwamba, wakati nilimpa changamoto kwamba "Can you provide a reliable indicator that provides a true picture of our country's prosperity?", badala ya kutoa hiyo reliable indicator, ndugu yetu TUJITEGEMEE ametoa maelezo kuhusu ni namna gani GDP ipo flawed! Kwa tafsiri nyingine, hajatoa jibu bali amerudia kile kile alichoongea awali kwa kuambatanisha maelezo; maelezo ambayo I doubt kama angeyatoa endapo GDP ingekuwa imetoka kwenye 5.8% to 7.8%!!!

Hata Mtalaamu uliyeweka critics zake bado hajasema reliable indiacator ambayo ndiyo nimeiomba ni ipi hasa!! Hata hivyo, endapo angeitoa bado ungegundua hutaweza kufikia huko pasipo na ukuaji wa uchumi wa mwaka hadi mwaka kama ambavyo upimwa na GDP!!

First of all, I am not the Economist , but I am a die hard inquirer of economic matters.

With this background, now you are in a position to trust my argument regarding the GDP.

To start with, let us see what economic experts are talking about GDP. Join me to read some quotes from the experts, and follow the detailed information from a link provided.

In summary, GDP indicator is flawed. Trust me.
======
GDP is born of the manufacturing age. It measures “things you can drop on your foot”. Yet in advanced economies such as the US, up to 80% of production is in the service industry. GDP doesn’t do services - at least not very well. It is good at quantity, but lousy at quality. If the food or service improves in your local restaurant, GDP will not notice. Ditto, if an airline’s safety record improves. In fact, GDP might prefer a plane crash - so that it can build a new plane.
GDP is flummoxed by the Internet. If I buy my own cheap airline ticket, check myself in online and pick my own aisle seat, my convenience has gone up. But GDP has gone down. I am my own travel agent, a job that would once have been performed by a fully paid-up GDP-producing employee. Wikipedia provides all human knowledge free of charge. In GDP terms, it is worth zilch.
GDP deals in aggregates; GDP per capita in averages.In an age where a huge cause of social dislocation is inequality, GDP has nothing to say about distribution. Averages are misleading. Medians are better than means. A rise in average GDP could actually be retrograde, if it leaves 99% of people resentful at how the 1% is making good.
From GDP’s perspective, bigger is always better. In the real world, that is not always so. When the financial sector got bigger and bigger, it ended in financial crisis. When the US health service gets bigger and bigger, it means costs are out of control.
In general, GDP measures only cash transactions. In Europe that includes heroin and prostitution. However, volunteer work, housework or looking after an ageing relative count for nothing. GDP has skewed priorities.
In poor countries, the informal sector is practically invisible to GDP. Yet in much of the world, the informal economy counts for most. Monitoring economic activity from space, through satellite images of nightlights, might be more accurate than on-the-ground GDP, academic studies have found.
=====
Why all this and what is your message here? I don't think if the point of discussion is whether GDP is good or bad indicator to measure economic performance, rather, statistical discrepancies in the GDP data being reported in our books with that frm WB tweet. I stand that this tweet is not from the WB, otherwise....

Ndio maana ikasemwa kuwa GDP is not a reliable index to measure economic developments, it rather shows the growth in material things regardless of who finally benefits. Kuna nadharia nyingi za ukuaji wa uchumi na zote zina strength na weakness zake.

Ndio maana umoja wa mataifa uliibua njia mbadala kama vile poverty index kwa kuwa vina akisi mabadiliko ya kiuchumi ya mtu mmoja mmoja.

Hivyo Kwa maoni yangu aliyesema GDP sio reliable indicator yuko sahihi kabisa. Tuelewe kitu kimoja, GDP inatumika na Wb na IMF sana sana Lkn mashirika mengi ya UN hutumia index zingine hasa poverty index (gin coefficient kama mtakumbuka) .

Kwa kawaida inawezekana GDP kushuka wakati maisha ya watu yanaimarika zaidi na inawezekana maisha kuwa magumu ilihali GDP Inapanda, which is a case in our Country. Pia, GDP inahesabu malipo kwa kampuni za nje kama za wachina, yepi merkezi, waarabu wa Stigler gorge n.k kama sehemu ya mapato kwa wananchi. Ilihali zile fedha hupelekwa kwenye Nchi zao.

Na kama mjadala huu juu ya GDP mtaungizia siasa, then hautakuwa na hitimisho la maana. Kwa maana ya kuwa GDP ni standard ya WB na IMF. Na taasisi hizi zimeziagiza Nchi zote kutumia standard ya index hiyo.

Mwisho :Kwenye hili lazima wachangiaji tukubali kutokukubaliana. Lakini ukweli utabaki kuwa GDP does not define National economic performances or prosperity if one insist on using it be it a leader or a common person then should consider himself or herself outdated. And there are more than one method to measure economic performance or prosperity of the country. Let's do the homework to learn which one are the other method and which one is the best. Whatever conclusion you come up with in this matter know that it is subjective to your intellect, knowledge, and preferences.

Samahani kwa kuchangia lugha.

Mimi siamini kivipi yaani mi sgr inajengwa tena inakaribia kuisha, mbwawa kule unajengwa mavitu kibao yanayomaliza pesa yapo yanjengwa eeeh vivuko, madaraja, mashule, mahospitali, flyovers, miradi ya maji kila sehemu tunaona, masoko na stand za kisasa, mi mbona siwaelewi tena nimesahau mandege kibao yametua nchini, bado tena kuhamisha ikulu na watumishi wake 17000 toka dar to dom,,, kwa vyovyote hakuna ambae hawezi kufilisika, tena ni afadhari huyu wizi hauonekani, huyu vitu vinaonekana ila pesa haionekani

Mimi siamini kivipi yaani mi sgr inajengwa tena inakaribia kuisha, mbwawa kule unajengwa mavitu kibao yanayomaliza pesa yapo yanjengwa eeeh vivuko, madaraja, mashule, mahospitali, flyovers, miradi ya maji kila sehemu tunaona, masoko na stand za kisasa, mi mbona siwaelewi tena nimesahau mandege kibao yametua nchini, bado tena kuhamisha ikulu na watumishi wake 17000 toka dar to dom,,, kwa vyovyote hakuna ambae hawezi kufilisika, tena ni afadhari huyu wizi hauonekani, huyu vitu vinaonekana ila pesa haionekani

Na ndiyo maana hata mabeberu watumie vocabulary shawishi nzitonzito kiasi gani kama za akina Hitler, Mussolini na Winston Churchill, wala hata hakuna raia wa Tanzania anayewategea sikio!

GDP is the parameter/index, which carries the lumpsum of several variables! In other words it is not a reliable factor to gauge the prosperity of the country.
Is there any alternative measure for prosperity? If you like it when it shows an increase, you should also like it when it reveals otherwise.

GDP is the parameter/index, which carries the lumpsum of several variables! In other words it is not a reliable factor to gauge the prosperity of the country.
Mada yangu haihusiani na kwamba GDP ni kipimo cha maendeleo ya nchi au la,mada yangu inahusiana na serekali ya Tanzania kudanganya katika utoaji wa data za GDPs.Wao kila mwaka hukomaa na ukuaji wa asilimia 7 kitu ambacho ni uongo.

Is there any alternative measure for prosperity? If you like it when it shows an increase, you should also like it when it reveals otherwise.
If critically you look into my argument about GDP, you will find out that I am bringing out a constructive criticism/provocation, which our Tanzanian economic experts are supposed to work on it. They have to come up with a reliable index, which will actually reflect our prosperity in these modern days of artificial intelligence and the co. Remember, I am not the economist by profession.

Kisa Corona mengi yataibuka na panya wa majaribio watashangilia
Mada yangu hailaumu uchumi wa Tanzania kushuka.Kila mtu anajua ya kwamba kipindi hiki karibia nchi zote dunia nzima uchumi umeshuka sana kutokana na janga la Corona.Mada yangu inahusu serikali kudanganya katika utoaji wa takwimu za GDPs.Wao kila mwaka hukomaa na ukuaji wa asilimia 7 kitu ambacho ni kudanganya wananchi.

Ndio maana ikasemwa kuwa GDP is not a reliable index to measure economic developments, it rather shows the growth in material things regardless of who finally benefits. Kuna nadharia nyingi za ukuaji wa uchumi na zote zina strength na weakness zake.

Ndio maana umoja wa mataifa uliibua njia mbadala kama vile poverty index kwa kuwa vina akisi mabadiliko ya kiuchumi ya mtu mmoja mmoja.

Hivyo Kwa maoni yangu aliyesema GDP sio reliable indicator yuko sahihi kabisa. Tuelewe kitu kimoja, GDP inatumika na Wb na IMF sana sana Lkn mashirika mengi ya UN hutumia index zingine hasa poverty index (gin coefficient kama mtakumbuka) .

Kwa kawaida inawezekana GDP kushuka wakati maisha ya watu yanaimarika zaidi na inawezekana maisha kuwa magumu ilihali GDP Inapanda, which is a case in our Country. Pia, GDP inahesabu malipo kwa kampuni za nje kama za wachina, yepi merkezi, waarabu wa Stigler gorge n.k kama sehemu ya mapato kwa wananchi. Ilihali zile fedha hupelekwa kwenye Nchi zao.

Na kama mjadala huu juu ya GDP mtaungizia siasa, then hautakuwa na hitimisho la maana. Kwa maana ya kuwa GDP ni standard ya WB na IMF. Na taasisi hizi zimeziagiza Nchi zote kutumia standard ya index hiyo.

Mwisho :Kwenye hili lazima wachangiaji tukubali kutokukubaliana. Lakini ukweli utabaki kuwa GDP does not define National economic performances or prosperity if one insist on using it be it a leader or a common person then should consider himself or herself outdated. And there are more than one method to measure economic performance or prosperity of the country. Let's do the homework to learn which one are the other method and which one is the best. Whatever conclusion you come up with in this matter know that it is subjective to your intellect, knowledge, and preferences.

Samahani kwa kuchangia lugha.
Umekuja kupotosha uzi wangu!Mada yangu haihusiani na kwamba GDP ni kipimo cha maendeleo ya nchi au la,mada yangu inahusiana na serekali ya Tanzania kudanganya katika utoaji wa data za GDPs.Wao kila mwaka hukomaa na ukuaji wa asilimia around 7 kitu ambacho ni uongo.

Kila kipimo kina weakness zake

Kuja hapa na kushambulia kipimo sababu kina weakness wakati vyote vina weakness tunashindwa kuelewa motive yako hasa kama ni sincere.

Ni fact tu,ingekua imepata kutoka 5.8% ikaenda 10% mkuu usingeongea huu unafiki hapa...ungesifia Magufuli mpaka mdomo uchanike

Shida ni unafiki
Sahihi kabisa! Muhimu ni indicator husika kupima elements za kiuchumi! GDP kwa mfano, inapima market value of total goods and services zinazolishwa kwenye uchumi! Huwezi kupuuza uwezo wa nchi katika kuzalisha bidhaa na huduma, kwa sababu steady/year to year economic growth as measured by GDP ndiyo hatimae inapelekea kuwepo kwa aina ya uchumi unaohubiriwa na wapinzani wa GDP!

Back
Top Bottom