HEZBOLLAH: Love them or hate them but

Game Theory

JF-Expert Member
Sep 5, 2006
I am posting this here because its clearly stated kuwa hapa ni mahala pakupost Tanzania & WorldPolitics General Discussion Forum. So Mods na Admin naombeni muziache threads za siasa na World politics kwani hapa ndio mahalapake

Jukwaa la Siasa Tanzania (Tz Politics Forum) (196 Viewing)
Tanzania & The World Politics General Discussion Forum. Click above to get connected! You need to be registered in order to post

From Yahoo News....

BEIRUT, Lebanon - Running gunbattles raged in parts of Beirut on Thursday after the leader of Hezbollah accused Lebanon's Western-backed government of declaring war on his Shiite militant group. At least four people were killed and eight wounded in the capital.
1_247564_1_9.jpg

In a grim reminder of Lebanon's devastating 1975-90 civil war, factions threw up roadblocks and checkpoints dividing Beirut into sectarian enclaves on the second day of clashes between Sunni Muslims loyal to the government and Shiite supporters of Hezbollah.

A top Sunni leader went on television urging Hezbollah to pull its fighters back and "save Lebanon from hell." The army, which has stayed out of the sectarian political squabbling that has paralyzed the country for more than a year, did not intervene in the battles.
[media]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080508/ap_on_re_mi_ea/lebanon_protests[/media]
09_rg_lebanon_3_ap_5.jpg

American and Israelis want them to use their arms so that they can no longer be seen as a resistance but as a militia. So they can bunch up all the propaganda they have been spewing and say "see we told you".

If they want a war the question is what do they then expect when Hizballah starts handing it to them? Will the US Cavalry go to the rescue? Will the British, French and Italians form a coalition (of the not so willing I would guess)?

Militarily, who is going to risk taking them on?

There is more to this than just a war I think. Haven't had the time yet to fully think through the possible end game they have planned and whether, at some point, Olmert will try to save his premiership by launching another attack on Lebanon.

The required result is still the same. A powerless Lebanon that is pliable to discussing the re-routing of the Litani.
1_794439_1_34.jpg

Do they really think that if they get rid of Hezballah nothing will take its place? Is that what they thought about Fatah when they built up Hamas? Is that what they about the PLO when the had them removed from Lebanon?

This is either the end of the beginning or beginning of the end. For whom? lets watch and see. I know who my money is on.

Sorry ...... try next time.

Ohh really?

but dont worry nitaongea na bosi wako..you could have come with a better explanation that this. Looks like unaanza tena upuuzi wako. What does try next time mean? halafu mnaanza kutafuta nani mchawi wa hii forum hii hapo chini maana yake ni nini?

Jukwaa la Siasa Tanzania (Tz Politics Forum) (196 Viewing) Tanzania & The World Politics General Discussion Forum. Click above to get connected! You need to be registered in order to post

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom