JF-Expert Member
Jul 30, 2007
Heshima kwenu wanaJF

Nina Laptop yangu
Toshiba Satellite P15-S409
winXP pro sp 2
3.00GHZ
RAM 512.

Mwaka uliyopita nilikuwa naitumia baada ya kumaliza kuitumia niliizima.k esho yake nilipo iwasha ili boot vizuri tu ilipofika kwenye welcome screen ilichukua mda sana ghafla iliniletea blue screen na ikaji restart upya na mchezo ukawa ndio huo.Nilichofanya nili repair windows ikafanya kazi vizuri,ila nilipo restart tena computer ilirudia tena mchezo ule wa mwanzo,safari hii ilinibidi ni backup data zangu zote,na baada ya hapo nilii-format, baada ya kuiformat ilifanya kazi vizuri sana bila tatizo lolote…

Juzi imerudia mchezo huo tena,nimejaribu ku-repair windows ikifika sehemu ya kungalia file za kwenye drive C inachukua muda sana na inanileteta blue screen na kuji-restart.Sija jua ili tatizo lina sababishwa na kitu gani ni virus au HDD/RAM? Wakuu naomba mnielimishe na nitumie njia gani ili kuliondoa hili tatizo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Naomba nikupe pole, peleka kwa wataalam wakuangalizie tu huna means. Ikiwezekana kwa authorized dealer wa Toshiba, ni tatizo dogo.

Naomba nikupe pole, peleka kwa wataalam wakuangalizie tu huna means. Ikiwezekana kwa authorized dealer wa Toshiba, ni tatizo dogo.
Ahsante sana Caroline Danzi, kwa ushauri wako.Ni singependa kuipeleka kwa authorized dealer wa Toshiba kwanza kwani nina imani ili tatizo nitaweza kulitatua mimi mwenyewe kwa kushare maarifa na wenzangu wa hapa JF ndio maana nimekuja hapa.

Let me try to help. If everything works well after reformat it could hardly be related to any hardware issues. Hardware issues are permanent and cannot be recovered by reinstalling OS.

I think you could be troubled by a virus or something similar. You mentioned your computer specs, but it could also be useful to say something about antivirus software you have and whether you do regular updates, which is very important than many people think.

Let me get to the point now. First thing you should know, blue screen is one of the most notorious situations you can encounter in windows. Before your computer restarts after the blue screen pops up, try to read the stop error and you can search in Microsoft Knowledgebase for the cause, or post here and see if I can help anything.

You may also want to try booting in Safe Mode which could help you tell if the problem is caused by hardware. Press F8 just before the windows logo appears, immediately after the POST screen (the blank screen with whitish text) and choose Safe Mode option from the menu. Proceed as usual and try to play with your computer and see if the blue screen comes back. But not every computer would boot in safe mode successfully, if you get a restart in the middle consider it a bad luck than something faulty!

Otherwise, since you don't sound a tech guy, I would advice you do a clean install, if that's allowed, but this time consider using a good/recommended antivirus with regular updates.. once a week suffices in most cases.

Also you may want to check Toshiba support for any bios updates or driver updates for your model. Vendors would make available any updates on their site once they find any bug in previous versions. Just take this as a precaution though: Do not update the bios unless you know you need to and you can do it the right way.

If you find a driver released later than when you purchased your laptop, you may want to install it.

Your welcome

Kama ilikuwa inafanya kazi vizuri kabla na ikaanza kufanya hivi ghafla, angalia kama kuna hardware yoyote iliyoongezwa.

Nilikuwa an rafiki yangu aliyekuwa na tatizo kama hilo, nikamuuliza umeongeza hardware gani, akasema aliongeza a wireless card, nikaifungua na kuitoa wireless card. Baada ya hapo ikawa inafanya kazi vizuri.

Mara nyingine unapoongeza hardware inakuwa haipo katika "Hardware Abstraction Layer" na ukisoma some blue screens of death -if this is the issue- zinakwambia hivyo.

Let me try to help. If everything works well after reformat it could hardly be related to any hardware issues. Hardware issues are permanent and cannot be recovered by reinstalling OS.

I think you could be troubled by a virus or something similar. You mentioned your computer specs, but it could also be useful to say something about antivirus software you have and whether you do regular updates, which is very important than many people think.

Let me get to the point now. First thing you should know, blue screen is one of the most notorious situations you can encounter in windows. Before your computer restarts after the blue screen pops up, try to read the stop error and you can search in Microsoft Knowledgebase for the cause, or post here and see if I can help anything.

You may also want to try booting in Safe Mode which could help you tell if the problem is caused by hardware. Press F8 just before the windows logo appears, immediately after the POST screen (the blank screen with whitish text) and choose Safe Mode option from the menu. Proceed as usual and try to play with your computer and see if the blue screen comes back. But not every computer would boot in safe mode successfully, if you get a restart in the middle consider it a bad luck than something faulty!

Otherwise, since you don't sound a tech guy, I would advice you do a clean install, if that's allowed, but this time consider using a good/recommended antivirus with regular updates.. once a week suffices in most cases.

Also you may want to check Toshiba support for any bios updates or driver updates for your model. Vendors would make available any updates on their site once they find any bug in previous versions. Just take this as a precaution though: Do not update the bios unless you know you need to and you can do it the right way.

If you find a driver released later than when you purchased your laptop, you may want to install it.

Your welcome

Ndugu asante kwa maelezo yako mazuri.Natumia antivirus aina ya Avast na nimekuwa nai update kila siku...Mkuu hiyo blue screen ina jitokeza ghafla kama sekunde moja hivi,kiasi kwamba siwezi kusoma chochote..

Nimejaribu ku-boot kwenye Safe Mode ina kataa kuboot.
driver zote mpya ni nazo, na Toshiba mara ya mwisho kutoa driver mpya za hii mashine yangu ni mwaka 2004/2006.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kama ilikuwa inafanya kazi vizuri kabla na ikaanza kufanya hivi ghafla, angalia kama kuna hardware yoyote iliyoongezwa.

Nilikuwa an rafiki yangu aliyekuwa na tatizo kama hilo, nikamuuliza umeongeza hardware gani, akasema aliongeza a wireless card, nikaifungua na kuitoa wireless card. Baada ya hapo ikawa inafanya kazi vizuri.

Mara nyingine unapoongeza hardware inakuwa haipo katika "Hardware Abstraction Layer" na ukisoma some blue screens of death -if this is the issue- zinakwambia hivyo.
MKuu sijaongeza hardware yoyote wala sija install Software yoyote mpya kwenye machine yangu.
Mkuu kitu kingine kinacho ni shangaza nikijaribu kurepair windows ina kuwa slow sana kuload file za kwenye cd,pia ikifika step ya kucheck file za kwenye drive c inaleta blue screen na kuji-restart.

Since booting into safe mode failed, you way want to try other best options I know in my experience. There is this powerful utility used by system administrators, called BartPE (Bart Preinstalled Environment) found for free at http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

Go to the above website and you will find instruction how to build your own Preinstalled Windows Environment CD. This CD allows you to boot your computer even without the HDD, just like a Linux Live CD.

It boots from a CD/DVD drive and contain XP preinstalled which you can use just as if it was installed in your computer. There are a lot of utilities including HDD benchmarking tools, anti virus software etc that ship with the CD to perform minimal diagnosis to pin point problems. I have used this CD for years with profound results and recommend you give it a try.

Making a PE CD is straight forward, you need XP CD and a free software available in the mentioned above site. The rest of instructions are easy to follow.

Boot with PartPE CD, from there you can perform RAM and HDD diagnosis using already available tools in the CD and see if you have problems with those.

Regarding the AntiVirus, I use BitDefender. Given personally a choice, I would never pick Avast to protect my PC (Sorry if you are Avast's fan). Try to get something more solid than just a toy for serious security. I recommend BitDefender or Kaspersky for a solid protection.

For anti virus review, see for yourself here
http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/
or here
http://www.pcantivirusreviews.com/

Toy antivirus software are not listed though.

Karibu

Since booting into safe mode failed, you way want to try other best options I know in my experience. There is this powerful utility used by system administrators, called BartPE (Bart Preinstalled Environment) found for free at http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

Go to the above website and you will find instruction how to build your own Preinstalled Windows Environment CD. This CD allows you to boot your computer even without the HDD, just like a Linux Live CD.

It boots from a CD/DVD drive and contain XP preinstalled which you can use just as if it was installed in your computer. There are a lot of utilities including HDD benchmarking tools, anti virus software etc that ship with the CD to perform minimal diagnosis to pin point problems. I have used this CD for years with profound results and recommend you give it a try.

Making a PE CD is straight forward, you need XP CD and a free software available in the mentioned above site. The rest of instructions are easy to follow.

Boot with PartPE CD, from there you can perform RAM and HDD diagnosis using already available tools in the CD and see if you have problems with those.

Regarding the AntiVirus, I use BitDefender. Given personally a choice, I would never pick Avast to protect my PC (Sorry if you are Avast's fan). Try to get something more solid than just a toy for serious security. I recommend BitDefender or Kaspersky for a solid protection.

For anti virus review, see for yourself here
http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/
or here
http://www.pcantivirusreviews.com/

Toy antivirus software are not listed though.

Karibu

Why go all the way to get an XP PE in try and error of diagnosing a problem instead of using readily available Linux Live CDs?

Since re-installing hasn't worked and there have been no additional hardware nor software installed prior to that blue screen of death, kinachoonekana hapa ni tatizo la hdd, motherboard au memory. Hdd inaweza kuwa imepata physical damage kutokana na movement au a malicious virus that can cause physical damage on sectors leaving them irreparable. Physical damage kwenye hdd huwa ina symptoms kama hizo, yaani sometimes computer yako inafanya kazi na wakati mwingine inazimika. Na vivyo hivyo pale unapojaribu ku-reinstall, inakubali and all of a sudden inakwama tena. RAM na motherboard zinaweza kuwa na matatizo sort of similar lakini sidhani sana kwa kesi hii.

I suggested for the person to get hold of linux live cd as they are easier to find and use. Since try and error methods seem to apply here, then lets see whether everything else work apart from the hdd when a live cd is used.

SteveD.

kinachoonekana hapa ni tatizo la hdd, motherboard au memory. Hdd inaweza kuwa imepata physical damage kutokana na movement au a malicious virus that can cause physical damage on sectors leaving them irreparable. Physical damage kwenye hdd huwa ina symptoms kama hizo, yaani sometimes computer yako inafanya kazi na wakati mwingine inazimika. Na vivyo hivyo pale unapojaribu ku-reinstall, inakubali and all of a sudden inakwama tena. RAM na motherboard zinaweza kuwa na matatizo sort of similar lakini sidhani sana kwa kesi hii.
SteveD.

Mkuu SteveD heshima kwako....utazani ulikuwa unaona kinachotokea kwenye computer yangu.Kwenye maandishi niliyo ya bold:ni
kweli kabisa kuna mda ukiiwasha inawaka vizuri tu,ukiizima ukiwasha tena haiwaki inaleta blue screen na kuji-restart,ukiiacha kwa mda sana ukiwasha inawaka tatizo ndio hilo.Nime jaribu kuboot kupita Ubuntu Live CD inafanya kazi vizuri tu,pia na kwenye Fedole core 11 live cd ina boot vizuri bila tatizo.
Mkuu SteveD unanishauri nifanye kitu gani? maana sina uhakika kama HD ndio yenye matatizo au ni kitu gani.

Mkuu SteveD heshima kwako....utazani ulikuwa unaona kinachotokea kwenye computer yangu.Kwenye maandishi niliyo ya bold:ni
kweli kabisa kuna mda ukiiwasha inawaka vizuri tu,ukiizima ukiwasha tena haiwaki inaleta blue screen na kuji-restart,ukiiacha kwa mda sana ukiwasha inawaka tatizo ndio hilo.Nime jaribu kuboot kupita Ubuntu Live CD inafanya kazi vizuri tu,pia na kwenye Fedole core 11 live cd ina boot vizuri bila tatizo.
Mkuu SteveD unanishauri nifanye kitu gani? maana sina uhakika kama HD ndio yenye matatizo au ni kitu gani.

Since Linux Live CD's work without problems, we can say at least RAM and Motherboard are healthy. If you can get hold of a spare HDD just to give it a try might be a good way to go... not sure how difficult is that for you.

Or try to get External Hard Disk enclosure, put your HDD in and use a friend's computer and see you can find anything.

Another option is to take out your HDD and mount in a healthy laptop and try installing windows. You should at least be able to tell where is the problem, HDD or something else. When you have confirmed HDD is the problem (as I wouldn't show anything positive when used with a healthy laptop), try to get a new one.

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom