help me remove this virus-W32.Virut.U

Kinyau

JF-Expert Member
Nov 24, 2006
hi all,
My laptop is caught with a virus called W32.Virut.U yesterday it got worse as it denied me of access, when I log in it accepts but then it logs off after some few seconds, now I cant use the laptop as when I try to access it logs off immediately. Anyone with a soution outthere?
Kinyau.

hi all,
My laptop is caught with a virus called W32.Virut.U yesterday it got worse as it denied me of access, when I log in it accepts but then it logs off after some few seconds, now I cant use the laptop as when I try to access it logs off immediately. Anyone with a soution outthere?
Kinyau.

Kinyau, pls have a look on the following post, there is a thread with a virus variant of what you just named:
http://www.jamboforums.com/showpost.php?p=186469&postcount=7

I think it could help...
Good luck.

SteveD.

hi all,
Kinyau.

INTRO:

W32/Virut.U is a virus. The virus will infect Windows systems and spreads through email.

Upon execution, the virus creates an event named Vx_4 to check that only one instance of the threat runs on the infected system.

The virus infects all files with .exe and .scr extensions found in the infected system.

It avoids infecting files, where file names starts with any of the following strings:
  • PSTO
  • WC32
  • WCUN
  • WINC
It modifies the registry at the following location to ensure its automatic execution at every Windows startup:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\"TargetHost"

The above registry entry contains IP address and port number information. The virus may then use this information to open a back door on the compromised computer.

If the value in the above registry entry is not available, the virus may open a back door on TCP port 80 using the IRC server ircd.zief.pl.

The virus uses (Eight Random characters) on the above channel.

The back door allows a remote attacker to download files on to the infected computer and execute them.

This virus first appeared on September 04, 2007 (and in some networks Sept 06, 2007).

Systems Affected:
Windows 98, Windows 95, Windows XP, Windows Me, Windows Vista, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000

Removal Instructions:
  1. Disable System Restore (Windows Me/XP).
  2. Update the virus definitions.
  3. Run a full system scan.
For specific details on each of these steps, read the following instructions.

1. To disable System Restore (Windows Me/XP)
If you are running Windows Me or Windows XP, we recommend that you temporarily turn off System Restore. Windows Me/XP uses this feature, which is enabled by default, to restore the files on your computer in case they become damaged. If a virus, worm, or Trojan infects a computer, System Restore may back up the virus, worm, or Trojan on the computer.

Windows prevents outside programs, including antivirus programs, from modifying System Restore. Therefore, antivirus programs or tools cannot remove threats in the System Restore folder. As a result, System Restore has the potential of restoring an infected file on your computer, even after you have cleaned the infected files from all the other locations.

Also, a virus scan may detect a threat in the System Restore folder even though you have removed the threat.

For instructions on how to turn off System Restore, read your Windows documentation, or one of the following articles:
Note: When you are completely finished with the removal procedure and are satisfied that the threat has been removed, re-enable System Restore by following the instructions in the aforementioned documents.

For additional information, and an alternative to disabling Windows Me System Restore, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article: Antivirus Tools Cannot Clean Infected Files in the _Restore Folder (Article ID: Q263455).

If the antivirus product reports that it cannot delete a detected file, you may need to stop the risk from running in order to remove it. To do this, run the scan in Safe mode. For instructions, read the document, How to start the computer in Safe Mode. Once you have restarted in Safe mode, run the scan again.

After the files are deleted, restart the computer in Normal mode.

Invisible

I don't know if my problem has to do with IT.
But I think Mr. Invisible can help to solve the matter.

My laptop was hit by rain (don't ask how) and I finally found that I can't start it. I dried it for some hours and then it was able to start. I wonder that I can't use it because when I put it on after sometime t it stuck and can't execute anything.
I'm using Windows Me.

What do you think might be the cause of the problem? I need your help please!

Lugali Cha Kwanza Kabisa Hakikisha Unatoa Data Zako Katika Harddrive Na Kuweka Sehemu Salama Kabla Ya Kuanza Matengenezo Makubwa .

Kama Ulivyosema Iliingiliwa Na Maji Basi Hayo Maji Yanaweza Kuwa Yameingia Katika Mainboard Na Kuleta Matatizo Kama Shoti Na Vitu Vingine Kama Hivyo .

Kwanza Hakikisha Unaweza Data Zako Sehemu Salama Zaidi .

Mwisho Kabisa , Windows Millenium Ina Matatizo Yake Katika Kufanya Kazi Mara Nyingi Ningekushauri Uweke Uperating System Ingine Kama Windows 2000 Sp3 Au 4 Au Windows Xp Na Zingine Lakini Kwanza Angalia Spects Zako Kama Kweli Zinafaa

Jioni Njema

Lugali Cha Kwanza Kabisa Hakikisha Unatoa Data Zako Katika Harddrive Na Kuweka Sehemu Salama Kabla Ya Kuanza Matengenezo Makubwa .

Kama Ulivyosema Iliingiliwa Na Maji Basi Hayo Maji Yanaweza Kuwa Yameingia Katika Mainboard Na Kuleta Matatizo Kama Shoti Na Vitu Vingine Kama Hivyo .

Kwanza Hakikisha Unaweza Data Zako Sehemu Salama Zaidi .

Mwisho Kabisa , Windows Millenium Ina Matatizo Yake Katika Kufanya Kazi Mara Nyingi Ningekushauri Uweke Uperating System Ingine Kama Windows 2000 Sp3 Au 4 Au Windows Xp Na Zingine Lakini Kwanza Angalia Spects Zako Kama Kweli Zinafaa

Jioni Njema
Asante sana kwa ushuri wako.

Back
Top Bottom