Ha ha ha..Muhammad Alli kumbe ni Ze Mzunguz!!

Abdulhalim

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2007
Muhammad Ali Is Irish
Researchers at the County Clare Heritage Centre in the south west of Ireland have unearthed documentation to show one of Ali's great grandfathers came from the county town of Ennis.​
It seems Abe Grady, born around 160 years ago in County Clare, emigrated to the United States in the 1860s.​
He settled in Kentucky and later married an African-American woman.
Their son also married an African-American and one of the daughters of that union was Ali's mother, named Odessa Lee Grady. She married Cassius Clay, senior, and they settled in Louisville, where their son, later to become known as the Louisville Lip, was initially given his father's name on his birth in 1942.​
He later changed his name to Muhammad Ali when he converted to the Nation of Islam after winning the world title in 1964.​
Genealogist Antoinette O'Brien said: "Through research being carried out for the Irish language TV station TG4 on Ali, we established Ali's great-great grandfather, John Grady, the father of Abe, rented a house and a small garden in Ennis with a rateable value of fifteen shillings (75p) in 1855.​
"There is no doubt that Abe Grady was Ali's great grandfather. I am not sure whether Ali knows about this - we have not yet managed to contact him."​
The development has delighted the small town of Ennis. Local council chairman Michael Corley said: "We would like to honour Ali as one of the heroes of the 20th century and invite him here."

Source

I still question myself, ooh i forget the question anyway..he he

Sasa atembelea kabisa:

Muhammad Ali visits Irish ancestral home

Boxing legend Muhammad Ali has been given a hero's welcome on a visit to Ennis, his ancestral home town in Ireland, where he has been made an honorary freeman.
Like millions of other Americans, Ali, a champion of the black civil rights movement, has Irish forebears.
The 67-year-old's great-grandfather, Abe O'Grady, emigrated from Ennis, County Clare, in the 1860s and distant relatives of the three-time world heavyweight champion were overjoyed that "The Greatest" was paying them a visit.
Shopkeepers in Ennis, a bustling town 240 kilometres south-west of Dublin, festooned their premises with boxing gloves, American flags and pictures of the boxer in his prime.
Residents of Turnpike Road, where Mr O'Grady's home stood and a plaque to his great-grandson will be unveiled, had scrubbed their windows before the boxer's drive through the town.
Ali, who has been battling Parkinson's disease for years, was made an honorary freeman of the town at a reception broadcast on screens for hundreds of fans outside the building, and local schools had a half-day off for the occasion.
Television showed a frail-looking Ali, who is in Ireland for charity events, making boxing moves to fans.
"I believe every citizen of Ennis was lining the streets to welcome Muhammad home. I've never seen anything like this before," Ali's wife Lonnie told national broadcaster RTE.
"It was better than any medicine you could give him."
"My father always spoke about Muhammad Ali," Imelda O'Grady told RTE.
"We always knew that there was a connection. Thank God we have lived to see this day."
- Reuters

Source:

Victory has a thousand fathers...
I Agree with you.
There are few Tanzanians who will claim to be relatives of Obama and Kenyan's too will claim the same.

Some will force Kikwete to have relatives in Kilimanjaro and others will say his grand grand grand great great great fathers, were from Mwanza, while others will say he relates to Mkapa.
Thanks for a post.

obviously,ALI'S fair skin and the fact that he is american obviously points to the fact that somewhere along the lineage there is white ancestry. hivi parading a sick man,is this really good,he should be left alone,or is it financial constraints keeping him on the road?

Hakuna cha kushangaza hapo. Most African Americans have mixed ancestral heritage(s?). You would be hard pressed to find an African American who is not mixed with something.

Last edited:
..now where does his african gene originate from?

..nakumbuka Prof.Gates alichunguza family tree yake akakuta ni tofauti na alichokuwa akiamini kwa miaka mingi sana.

Back
Top Bottom