Gregory Isaacs is no more

Mpita Njia

JF-Expert Member
Mar 3, 2008
According to BBC Swahili broadcasts this evening. he died in London after long ilness

Rest In Peace Gregory Isack...atakumbukwa kwa vibao vyake vingi sana vizuri...My night nurse ni moja kibao chake kilichotulia sana kukisikiliza..najaribu japo kuattach kibao hicho inagoma ..naona mtandao kwa upande wangu una kwikwi

Asante Mpita Njia kuweka hii habari ya kusikitisha.
Binafsi nimeguswa sana maana napenda sana muziki wake.RIP Gregory Isaacs

Daniel Kreps Oct 25, 2010 9:30 AM EDT
Gregory Isaacs - one of the most popular and versatile reggae singers of the late-Seventies, and the smooth-voiced dancehall crooner behind the genre's landmark 1982 LP Night Nurse - passed away this morning at his London home following a year-long battle with lung cancer, the BBC reports. Isaacs was 59. "Gregory was well loved by everyone, his fans and his family, and he worked really hard to make sure he delivered the music they loved and enjoyed," Isaacs' wife Linda said. "He will be greatly missed by his family and friends."
Over the course of his prolific career - in which he release an estimated 500 albums within Jamaica, the UK and the U.S. - Isaacs collaborated with reggae, dub and dancehall icons like Lee "Scratch" Perry, King Tubby, Sugar Minott, Freddie McGregor, Dennis Brown and Errol Holt. After spending the Seventies building a reputation as both a top-notch roots reggae singer and a soulful "lovers rock"-style crooner, Isaacs recorded his masterpiece Night Nurse at Bob Marley's Tuff Gong Studios in 1982, the year after Marley's death.
Isaacs was poised to become a worldwide star when Night Nurse climbed to Number 32 on the British charts, but instead found himself sentenced to six months in a Jamaican prison on illegal firearm charges. (Isaacs' police record is almost as prolific as his discography, with over 50 reported arrests in his lifetime.) Dubbed the "Cool Ruler" by fans, Isaacs wrestled with drug addiction throughout his career, eventually losing his teeth and jeopardizing his legendary voice from persistent drug use, but he continued to make music, releasing his final album, Brand New Me, in 2008.

RIP Gregory. You made many of my days.

Gregory Isaacs, Reggae Singer, Dies at 59 | Billboard.com

Reggae artist Gregory Isaacs died at the age of 59 this morning (Oct. 25). Isaacs, best known for his 1982 album "Night Nurse," passed away following a long battle with lung cancer, BBC News reports.

Known as "The Cool Ruler," Isaacs gained prominence in Jamaica in the 1970s while recording at Lee "Scratch" Perry's Black Ark Studio and releasing singles like "My Only Lover" and "Mr. Cop." Recorded at Bob Marley's Tuff Gong studio, "Night Nurse" reached No. 32 in the UK in 1982 and led to Simply Red's 1997 cover of its title track. Following years of drug addiction, Isaacs' final album, "Brand New Me," was released in Dec. 2008.
"Gregory was well-loved by everyone, his fans and his family, and he worked really hard to make sure he delivered the music they loved and enjoyed," his wife Linda said.

Isaacs had been reportedly travelling around Jamaica this year before returning to his London home last summer. The singer's final performance was at England's The Big Chill festival alongside Massive Attack, M.I.A. and Lily Allen last August.

Last edited by a moderator:
He had a hell of talent when love thang was needed... smooth vibes, lyrical master and a suave swinger

RIP buddy

dah jamani, cool ruler hatunaye tena? mpaka baba yangu alinunua kanda ya night nurse, kaks zangu wawili walinunua kwa wakati tofauti na tulizipiga sana pale home. RIP cool ruler.

Ntaandika zaidi baadaye juu ya huyu Mzee. RIP Gregory, tutakumiss sana. Asante kwa miaka mingi ya miziki yako Mizuri na yenye radha taaamu.

Kwangu mie, huu wimbo utabaki THE BEST kupita zote. Siku zote huwa unanikumbusha nikiwa Arusha na kijana mmoja aitwaye Peter Alexander ndiye aliyekuwa aki-supply miziki yote ya REGGAE pale chuoni. Kaka yake alikuwa na duka la miziki DEIRECT kutoka Jamaica na alikuwa akijitahidi sana kuwahi kuzipata ukilinganisha na miaka ileeeeee..... Kibao changu ni hiki chini:

Hivi kuna Mwanamke ambaye anajiona ana-feet na maneno haya kwenye wimbo huu?

Ninazimia RIDDIM yake hadi leo hii......

Namalizia kwa wimbo mwingine ambao sijui alijiimbia yeye? Maana pana wakati ilisemwa kuwa alikuwa kama NYOKA kwa kula UNGA aka Hard drugs.......... Huu wimbo, watu wengi sana wamechukua RIDDIM yake na kutengeneza nyimbo.

RIP GREGORY ISAACS.......

Mwanamuziki wa Sweet Reggae wa siku nyingi, Gregory Isaacs , amefariki dunia nchini Uingereza muda mfupi uliyopita. Kwa mujibu wa taarifa fupi ya BBC iliyosikika jioni hii, mwanamuziki huyo amefariki hospitali alikokuwa anatibiwa. Nyimbo zilizompatia sifa mwanamuzki huyu ni nyingi na moja wapo ni Night Nurse ambayo unaweza kuisikiliza hapo juu na kukumbuka mambo yalivyokuwa miaka ya 80.

majonzi makubwa sipati kusema, nakumbuka vibao vyake - teachers plight, report to me, no speach no language, victims.........!
palipo uhai kifo hunyemelea.
rest in peace cool ruler.

Kweli haya ni majonzi hasa Sekta nzima ya reggae inazidi kuondokewa na watu muhimu sana
Mungu aiweke roho ya marehemu pema peponi Amen:rip:

"Ohh noo, noo, no Uncle Joe, turn me loose, this life is not for me...No no brother Joe"

Kwa kweli mziki wake ulikamata anga la wapenda mziki laini: rip.

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom