GOP Presidential contender Herman Cain denies sexual harrassement allegations.

KIM KARDASH

JF-Expert Member
Sep 21, 2011
r-HERMAN-CAIN-SEXUAL-HARASSMENT-ACCUSATIONS-large570.jpg

Denying he ever sexually harassed anyone, Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain declared Monday he was falsely accused in the 1990s while he was head of the National Restaurant Association and the allegations are surfacing now as part of a "witch hunt."

The former pizza company executive was responding to a Politico report that said the trade group gave financial settlements to at least two female employees who had accused him of inappropriate sexual behavior.

"I have never sexually harassed anyone, and yes, I was falsely accused while I was at the National Restaurant Association," Cain said Monday morning in an interview on Fox News. "I say falsely because it turned out, after the investigation, to be baseless."

But throughout the day Monday, Cain offered conflicting responses as to whether he remembered the specifics of the allegations or the existence of settlements with the women. That raised new questions about the candidate who now is at or near the top in many polls on the GOP race.

At an appearance at the National Press Club Monday afternoon, Cain said he did not know if the trade association provided any settlements, and he declined to address specifics of the accusations or any resolution.

Video: Cain: 'I have never sexually harassed anyone' "I am unaware of any sort of settlement. I hope it wasn't for much, because I didn't do anything," he said.

But in an interview later Monday with Fox News' Greta Van Susteren, Cain said he did know about it. "Yes, there was some sort of settlement or termination," he said.

He told Van Susteren his accuser was given "maybe three months' salary. I don't remember. It might have been two months. I do remember my general counsel saying we didn't pay all of the money they demanded."

During his appearance at the press club, he declared: "There's nothing else there to dig up. ... We have no idea the source of this witch hunt, which is really what it is."

In an interview with The Associated Press immediately afterward, Cain first said he had some memory of specific allegations - and then said he was not aware of any.

"Some of them," he responded initially.

When pressed, he said: "That was 12 years ago. So no, I don't remember."

Republicans are in very bad shape. I need two slice Pizza, with pepperoni, Sausage, Large Coke, and aahm aahm put some ...., that okay for now, how much is that, 999, Ooooops

Whaaat 999!!??????????? I thought was 666

Jamaa wanamuhofia, hawakutegemea kama angefanya vizuri kiasi hiki, sasa wameamua kumpaka ili kumuharibia. Sijui hizi scandals zitakuwa na negative impact kiasi gani kwenye kampeni zake, lakini kama hakutetereka na hizi scandals basi uchaguzi wa 2012 unaweza kuwa mweusi kwa mweusi, kitu ambacho wengi hatukutegemea kabisa kukiona in our life time.

Haya naona wanawake wamejitokeza kuwa aliwabaka!

Third woman claims inappropriate behaviour from Cain

_56441382_013268830-1.jpg

A third woman has reportedly accused leading Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain of inappropriate behaviour in the workplace. She alleges she received unwanted comments from Mr Cain during his tenure as head of a restaurant lobby group.

She told the Associated Press Mr Cain had commented on her attractiveness and invited her to his corporate apartment. The unnamed woman is the third former employee to make such allegations in recent days.

The Cain campaign has been fighting the claims since Politico reported on Sunday that at least two other women had complained of inappropriate behaviour from Mr Cain while he was head of the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s.

Raised voice

A Cain spokesman, JD Gordon, told reporters on Wednesday: "Mr Cain has said over the past two days at public events that we could see other baseless allegations made against him as this appalling smear campaign continues."

The third woman to come forward told the Associated Press that she had considered filing a complaint against Mr Cain.

She said her former boss had made sexually suggestive remarks or gestures around the same time the two other women filed their complaints.
The woman, who wishes to remain anonymous, says the reason she did not eventually file a complaint was because she started to have fewer interactions with Mr Cain.

Speaking to the Associated Press, the woman said Mr Cain's actions "were inappropriate, and it made me feel uncomfortable".

Republican pollster Chris Wilson, who supports Texas Governor Rick Perry's presidential campaign, said he witnessed Mr Cain sexually harass a woman in a restaurant near Washington DC.

He told Oklahoma City's KTOK radio that "if she talks about it, I think it'll be the end of his campaign".

Recalling the alleged incident in the restaurant, the Oklahoma-based consultant told Politico: "It was very uncomfortable," and said that others present had asked Cain to stop.

However, one woman who worked with Mr Cain at the restaurant association has stood up for him.

Lobbyist Christina Howard told the Associated Press: "I found him to be a good boss. I felt no problem going into his office and asking for his advice."

On Wednesday, after a speech to healthcare professionals Mr Cain refused to take questions - at one point raising his voice in frustration - and left the hotel in Washington DC through a back door.

"What did I say?" said Mr Cain. "Excuse me. Excuse me! What part of 'no' don't people understand?"

In an interview with Forbes, Mr Cain accused a former adviser to his unsuccessful Senate campaign in 2004, Curt Anderson, of leaking the original story.

Mr Anderson, who is now an adviser to Mr Perry, has denied the accusation, saying: "I never heard about this story until I read about it in Politico."

The Perry campaign suggested the campaign of another Republican candidate, Mitt Romney, might have been the source.

On Tuesday, the lawyer of one of the original complainants said he had contacted the National Restaurant Association to ask for his client to be released from her confidentiality agreement.

Politico has reported that the trade group gave settlements to at least two female employees who accused Mr Cain of inappropriate sexual behaviour.

The New York Times reported on Tuesday that one payout was $35,000 (£22,000), equivalent to a year's salary for one of the women.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-15566388

Mie nahisi Wanawake wote hao watatu watakuwa Wazungu na wameshaahidiwa pochi nzuri sana ili wampake jamaa. Ngoja tuone hili sakata litaenda vipi.

Jamaa wanamuhofia, hawakutegemea kama angefanya vizuri kiasi hiki, sasa wameamua kumpaka ili kumuharibia. Sijui hizi scandals zitakuwa na negative impact kiasi gani kwenye kampeni zake, lakini kama hakutetereka na hizi scandals basi uchaguzi wa 2012 unaweza kuwa mweusi kwa mweusi, kitu ambacho wengi hatukutegemea kabisa kukiona in our life time.

Mkuu,

that said, huyu bwana yaani alikua naive kiasi gani kudhani hizi ishu in his past zingepotea tu?...American politics is too dirty and you best believe somebody will dig into your past and uncover something. Tatizo na scenario ya huyu bwana ni kwamba hizi ishu zimekua kibao tu sana. Once they hit three, they look like a habit. Sasa kuna wale wanaouliza, how many of these kinda cases don't we know about? Afu pia kumbuka he needs to consolidate the republican base to be considered a meaningful contender....tunajua republican base imejaa conservatives na watu wa itkadi kali kali kuhusu ishu kama za mapenzi na ndoa.Hapa sidhani kama kitaeleweka na mambo kama haya.

Hii ngoma naona imefika ukingoni tusubiri kusafisha ukumbi tu sasa.

Bak mimi bado siamini kama GOP inaweza kumpitisha Cain. Kama watafanya hivyo huku wakijua fika kuwa ni assurance ya 2nd term kwa Obama, basi itawasaidia kuondoa ile premise kuwa GOP hates Obama because he's black. Ila itakuwa ni opportunity nzuri ya kuzidisha mashambulizi kwa Obama kwa kigezo kuwa wanafanya hivyo kwa ajili ya sera za Obama si ethnicity yake, kwani walimteua mwenye same ethnicity kuwaongoza kama mwenyekiti wa (Michel Steel) na mwingine kuwa mgombea wao Cain.

Ila GOP wengi walio obsessed na kuhakikisha Obama hachaguliwi tena sidhani kama wanaamini Cain is the candidate to beat Obama. Hii kashfa maana yake ni kuwa inaondoa ushabiki wao kwa Cain, ambao wengi wakiulizwa mdomoni wanasema wanamuunga mkono ila moyoni hawapo naye, 'Bradley effect'.

Team Cain is now accusing team Perry for being the master minder if this gaga.
[video]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/45141098#45143211[/video]

Mkuu,

that said, huyu bwana yaani alikua naive kiasi gani kudhani hizi ishu in his past zingepotea tu?...American politics is too dirty and you best believe somebody will dig into your past and uncover something. Tatizo na scenario ya huyu bwana ni kwamba hizi ishu zimekua kibao tu sana. Once they hit three, they look like a habit. Sasa kuna wale wanaouliza, how many of these kinda cases don't we know about? Afu pia kumbuka he needs to consolidate the republican base to be considered a meaningful contender....tunajua republican base imejaa conservatives na watu wa itkadi kali kali kuhusu ishu kama za mapenzi na ndoa.Hapa sidhani kama kitaeleweka na mambo kama haya.

Republicans are all over the place, IMO it is very hard to consolidate their base under one contender. Only time will tell whether Cain is guilty or not. It is very hard to prove a case related to "inappropriate behaviour".

Please remember the come back kid (Bill Clinton) after Monica Lewinsky's scandal. According to most political pundits he was dead after that scandal, but we all know what happened during 1996's election. Let's wait and see.

Bak mimi bado siamini kama GOP inaweza kumpitisha Cain. Kama watafanya hivyo huku wakijua fika kuwa ni assurance ya 2nd term kwa Obama, basi itawasaidia kuondoa ile premise kuwa GOP hates Obama because he's black. Ila itakuwa ni opportunity nzuri ya kuzidisha mashambulizi kwa Obama kwa kigezo kuwa wanafanya hivyo kwa ajili ya sera za Obama si ethnicity yake, kwani walimteua mwenye same ethnicity kuwaongoza kama mwenyekiti wa (Michel Steel) na mwingine kuwa mgombea wao Cain.

Ila GOP wengi walio obsessed na kuhakikisha Obama hachaguliwi tena sidhani kama wanaamini Cain is the candidate to beat Obama. Hii kashfa maana yake ni kuwa inaondoa ushabiki wao kwa Cain, ambao wengi wakiulizwa mdomoni wanasema wanamuunga mkono ila moyoni hawapo naye, 'Bradley effect'.

Team Cain is now accusing team Perry for being the master minder if this gaga.

Nakubaliana nawe Mkuu, lakini ni nani aliyedhania kwamba Obama angepitishwa na Democrats hasa ukitilia maanani alikuwa anapambana na Hillary Clinton mke wa kipenzi cha Democrats (Bill Clinton)? wengi walijua Obama anapoteza muda wake tu lakini akaibuka kidedea, na huyu Cain naona ameanza kuwa tishio ndio maana jamaa wameona ni bora wamuharibie mapema sana.

Mkuu,

Amefumble mwenyewe. Juzi kaulizwa if he has any idea about settlement akasema hajui. Leo kajichanganya anasema anajua lakini hakujua kama demu alilipwa. Flip Flop! Kuna fununu eti alikwepa kulipia sales taxes za Pizza, nayo iko njiani:)
Mmatumbi mwenzetu ana kazi. Rick Perry ndie alieibua hii soo na anachekelea tu huko Austin. Ama kweli don't mess with Texas!

Back
Top Bottom