Good governance in Tanzania?

BAK

JF-Expert Member
Feb 11, 2007
Yeah! Keep on dreaming. Maybe in the year 3050 when all mafisadis, their children, grand children and great grand children are dead!!!

Good governance in Tanzania?
Lusekelo
Daily News; Sunday,May 25, 2008 @00:06

I spent a great morning at the Chuo Kikuu yesterday. I had accepted an invitation, not to get drunk in some wedding ceremony, but to participate in a seminar on good governance. That was much more stimulating than getting pissed in some wedding ceremony.

The seminar was opened by the baby-faced Minister of State in the President's Office, Hawa Abdulrahman Ghasia. She started by saying something about politics in Bongo should not be about winner take all. I wondered whether she was thinking about Zenj.

Hawa added that the government and the opposition should not regard each other as enemies. Instead their relationship should be complementary. In my mind's eye I could see Zenj again. She wanted Bongo to be a meritocracy. Fine. She could say that, but what we have here is another kind of 'cracy'.

It is called 'mshikajicracy! Her ladyship insisted that there must accountability and punishment for public and private individuals for corruption. The cheeky cynic might say that accountabily and punishment like the red-carpet punishment meted out in Monduli and 'Bariadi Vijisenti' constituency.

She revealed that 37 per cent of Africa's money has been salted abroad by African thieves. Suddenly my mind started travelling to the beautiful off-shore island of Jersey in Britain. There is good governance for you!

Then came in othere presentations. the first was Prof Sam Mushi of the University of Dar. He hardly saw some 'good governance' in the first place. Power breeds arrogance the professor lectured us. I started wondering - was he also thinking about Zenj?

I remember the earth shaking speech from the Zanzibar prez: "If they want to come to drink tea with me they must first recognise me as the greatest tea-maker in the Spice Islands!" Anyway, back to the seminar on good governance. Good governance? Scoffed Prof Mushi - why should a minister travel first class?

Not only minister, but deputy ministers, PSs and commissioners. When the prez travels he is accompanied by a battalion of aides, assorted officials and hangers-on. That is tax-payers' money, for heaven's sake! You can hardly call that 'good governance'

The Prof talked about the endless seminars, 'warshas', 'kongamanos' and meetings. If you call that good governance I call it 'ulaji'. He insisted that public offices should never be defiled. In Britain if you are caught with your pants down or skirt up, busy at it in the office, you are kicked out.

You have to go. Not in Bongo. The man is praised that he is 'sharp' and the woman simply dismissed as some cheap 'zanga'. Prof Mushi concluded by observing that in Bongo politics is a growth industry. The Bunge sounds like it is full of who is whom in academia. It sounds like the \university. But he said that he will stick to the University of Dar es Salaam. (to be continued) mbwene2@yahoo.com

good governmence is when JK goes abroad and stays in five stars hotel with his aide of 50 ppl.........
good governmence is when JK approves his wife to go Swatziland for a cultural event and using the President Plane......
good governmence is when the leaders buy expensive cars and let the roads detereorate....

so much has been said about JK now lemme ask ya'll one ting man....... who is the so called messiah that will come to deliver good governance?

Mzaramo,
Only Tanzanians can deliver good governance. Once they say enough is enough with this
usanii we shall see some changes.

Mzaramo,
Only Tanzanians can deliver good governance. Once they say enough is enough with this
usanii we shall see some changes.

are you suggesting that there should be no need of government/governance since all that can be delivered by the people keep in mind that the government works for the people

Mzaramo,
No, what I am saying is that the Tanzanians are slowly waking up to the realization that this current government is just usanii. They are beginning to say enough is enough and are looking elsewhere for leadership.

Mzaramo,
No, what I am saying is that the Tanzanians are slowly waking up to the realization that this current government is just usanii. They are beginning to say enough is enough and are looking elsewhere for leadership.

great for what you said now you are taking me back one step behind in asking you. if this gov't is full of usanii then who do you think it will take to stay away from that usanii?

That is up to the people of Tanzania to decide. Wawapime viongozi wao waone ni nani anayeweza kuwapeleka "promised land' bila usanii. It is possible.

That is up to the people of Tanzania to decide. Wawapime viongozi wao waone ni nani anayeweza kuwapeleka "promised land' bila usanii. It is possible.

what you are saying is impossible. what if those citizens chose to exile mkapa from the planet?

Very poor english grammar
This is embarrassing.

last time i checked, this wasnt an english dept. how about i hear your accent sir....should white people laugh at you cause of your accent. nyani haoni kundule.

Very poor english grammar
This is embarrassing.

Who gave you the permission to correct grammar on this forum? :confused:
Many of Tanzanians english is their fourth language, therefore it is not a surprise that their grammar will always not be at par with those english speaking people.

kwi!kwi!kwi!
If they chose so then democracy is at work, no?

cant wait for masaka to come proove you wrong with his feet. so you think if mr mkapa is exiled from the planet, that will be a fair judgement?

Who gave you the permission to correct grammar on this forum? :confused:
Many of Tanzanians english is their fourth language, therefore it is not a surprise that their grammar will always not be at par with those english speaking people.

kwanza anajua mi mzaramo alafu ananiletea mambo yake hapa

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom