SIXTY-seven houses need to be completely rebuilt after destruction by bombs that exploded at Gongo la Mboto military camp in Dar es Salaam, last month. A team appointed to evaluate the damage caused by the February 16, blasts has also recommended substantial repair on hundreds of houses that were affected. In a report submitted to the Acting Dar es Salaam Regional Commissioner, Mr Saidi Mecki Sadiki, the team said on Monday the final assessment has established that 67 houses were completely destroyed, not 69 as earlier reported. The team leader who is also the Principal Disaster Manager in the Prime Minister's Office, Mr Edgar Senga, said some of the houses damaged by bombs were located as far as 14 kms away from the camp. Mr Senga said it took the team 15 days, instead of three that were previously estimated, to accomplish the job that involved many challenges. The team was divided into six groups and visited different wards of Gongo la Mboto, Kinyerezi, Tabata, Kitunda, Ukonga, Kivule, Chanika, Pugu and Kimara to collect information. The team, however, could not reveal the estimated cost for repair of houses and other property. "This is not the right time to determine the exact loss, the nature of damage and other factors," Mr Senga said. He said during the exercise some residents presented false claims to the team including cracks on the walls that occurred long time ago. Mr Senga said many parts did not have good roads and there were structures in unplanned settlements, forcing members of the team to walk for several hours to reach the affected people. Mr Sadiki lauded the team for its good work and pledged that the government would take seriously recommendations of the team. "The National Service Construction Agency (SUMA) will start construction of modern houses soon and compensation for property lost will be done accordingly," Mr Sadiki said. He expressed delight for continued support for the victims that included foodstuffs, soap, garments and other necessities. Kinondoni District Parent Organisation on Monday submitted 1,376,000/- in support of the victims. Other donors were the Prime Minister's Office in Dodoma which presented a 27.3m/- cheque and Kenya Airways that gave supplies worth over 500,000/-.