Godbless Lema akamatwa Kajiado akitorokea Kenya yeye na familia yake. Kurudishwa nchini kesho Novemba 9, 2020

G Sam

JF-Expert Member
Apr 20, 2013
Gazeti la The Standard la Kenya linaripoti kuwa Lema na familia yake wamekamatwa eneo la Kajiado wakivuka mpaka wa Namanga kwa tax kutorokea Kenya kwa hofu ya kuuawa.

Zaidi....

Aliyekuwa mbunge wa Arusha Mjini kupitia CHADEMA, Godbless Lema amekamatwa na Polisi katika Kaunti ya Kajiando nchini Kenya baada ya yeye na familia yake kuvuka mpaka wa Namanga.

Kwa mujibu wa tovuti ya The Standard Media ya Kenya Lema alikuwa na mkewe, Neema Godbless na watoto wao watatu. Lema ameliambia gazeti hilo kuwa maafisa wa uhamiaji walikataa kugonga muhuri nyaraka zilizowasilishwa na mke wake, kwa madai hadi wamuone Lema.

Amesema mke wake alipomuita alikwenda lakini akawaambia hana hati yake ya kusafıria kwa sababu alikuwa hasafıri, na kwamba mke na wanae walikuwa wanakwenda kutafuta shule ya kimataifa
Kenya.

Maafisa waliruhusu mke na watoto kuvuka mpaka, na Lema aliomba kwenda kutafuta fedha za Kenya ili ampe mke wake ambaye alisema kwamba angeendelea na safari yeye na watoto. Lakini mara tu alipovuka mpaka, Lema na familia yake waliingia ndani ya gari la mwanasheria wake, George Luchiri ambaye alikuwa akifuatilia mchakato mzima wa Lema kuvuka mpaka kuingia Kenya.

Maafisa hao wa uhamiaji walitoa taarifa Polisi kwamba kuna mtu ameingia nchini humo pasi na kuwa na nyaraka husika.

"Polisi walitufuatilia na wakatukamata tukiwa Ilbisil na kutupeleka kwenye kituo cha polisi. Sikutaka wamuweke Lema hapo kutokana na ukaribu wake na mpaka wa Tanzania," mwanasheria huyo ameiambiba The Standard Media.

Mwanasheria huyo amesema alifahamu kwamba Lema anakwenda Kenya na kwamba alitaka ampeleke Tume ya Haki za Binadamu ya Umoja wa Mataifa (UNHRC) mara tu atakapovuka mpaka. Luchiri amesema kwa mujibu wa UNHRC mtu anayetafuta hifadhi hahitaji kuwa na nyaraka za kumuwezesha kuingia nchi nyingine. Akieleza sababu za kutokutoa hati yake ya kusafıria, Lema amesema alijua kwa kufanya hivyo, maafisa hao wangemshikilia na kumzuia kuvuka.

"Nimeacha kila kitu nyumbani. Hivyo havina umuhimu kwa sasa. Muhimu ni usalama wangu na usalama wa familia yangu. Nipo na wanangu Allbless, Brilliance na Terrence. Sijui kesho itakuja na nini. Kwa sasa natafuta hifadhi," Lema ameiambia The Standard.

Mwanasheria huyo amesema atawasilisha taarifa za Lema katika Ubalozi wa Marekani kwani amekuwa akifanya mawasiliano na maafisa wa ubalozi huo.
Wakati hilo likitokea, aliyekuwa mgombea Urais wa Tanzania kupitia CHADEMA, Tundu Lissu yupo Ubalozi wa Ujerumani jijini Dar es Salaam alipokwenda kuomba hifadhi akidai ametishiwa kuuawa.

UPDATE: LEMA KURUDISHWA TANZANIA KESHO

Kenya imesema aliyekuwa Mbunge wa Arusha Mjini, Godbless Lema atarudishwa Novemba 9, 2020 baada ya kwenda nchini humo kutafuta hifadhi kwa UNHRC

Lema anayeshikiliwa Kituo cha Polisi cha Kajiado amedai maisha yake yapo hatarini
===

The crackdown on Tanzanian’s opposition has been intensified barely a week after President John Pombe Magufuli was sworn in for a second five-year term.

On Sunday the immediate former MP for Arusha Urban Constituency, Godbless Lema, who had served for two terms, was arrested at Ilbissil in Kajiado County after he and his family crossed over through the Namanga border.

Lema had left his home in a taxi accompanied his wife Neema Godbless, their three children and alighted at Namanga.

He said his wife presented documents to immigration officers who refused to stamp them unless she was accompanied by him.

Lema told The Standard when she called him he went to the immigration offices, he told the officers he did not have his passport with him and that he was not accompanying her and the children because she was just going to look for an international school.

The officials allowed the family to cross the border while Lema asked for permission to go and look for Kenyan currency to give to his wife.

As soon as he crossed the border he slipped into his lawyer’s car.

The lawyer, George Luchiri Wajackoyah, was monitoring the situation from the safety of the Kenya side and drove the fugitive MP out of the border town as soon as he and his family entered his car.

As soon as the immigration officials realised that they had been outfoxed, they alerted the Kenyan authorities that a person had entered the country without presenting travel documents.

“The police pursued us and arrested intercept us at Ilbisil where they took us to the local police post. I did not want them to lock up Lema in Ilbisil, owing to its proximity to the Tanzanian border,” lawyer Wajackoyah said.

He added: “Things are very bleak in Tanzania. I am the lawyer acting for CHADEMA. I knew Lema was coming and wanted to hand him over to the United Nations Human Rights Commission(UNHCR) when he crossed”.

Lema explained that when he reached the immigration department, he declined to hand over his passport because the officials would just detain him.

Tanzanian police had instructed Lema to present himself

“I decided to use a taxi because driving my vehicle would have alerted the police. I have left everything at home. This does not matter now. What is important is my safety and that of my family,” he told The Standard.

“Right now, I am with my wife Neema, my 14-year-old son Allbless, Brilliance(daughter) my last born son Terrence. I do not know what tomorrow holds. I am now looking for asylum,” he added

Wajackoyah said as soon as the US embassy opens today (Monday), he will present Lema’s case as he has been in communication with the political attaché, explaining that opposition leaders in Tanzania are being persecuted.

Wajackoya and Tundu Lissu, who has been on Magufuli’s crosshairs for the last three years were fellow students at the University of Warwick in the United Kingdom.

In 2017, Lissu escaped death miraculously after assassins sprayed him with bullets.

The 52-year-old lawyer and human rights activist challenged Magufuli for the presidency in the just concluded and disgrace election where Chadema was whitewashed with CCM claiming victory after garnering 94 per cent of the vote.

Even before the contested polls, there was widespread violence targeting opposition candidates and the few election observers concluded that the October 28 election was neither free nor fair.

According to Lema, Chadema’s presidential candidate, Tundu Lissu is also on the run from the Tanzanian authorities.

“Lissu is staying at the residence of the Germany envoy in Dar es Salaam. Nobody is safe anymore in Tanzania. They want to arrest him. And all prominent Chadema officials for protesting election rigging.”

Explained lawyer Wajackoyah: “A person fleeing from persecution, according to Article 2 of the UNHRC Statute of 1951, does not need to present documents. That is why I have booked him with the police as an asylum seeker so that he can be processed,” the lawyer explained.

There are fears that the majoritarian Chama Cha Mapinduzi will soon change the constitution to allow Magufuli to run for a third term when his second tenure ends in 2025.

Shortly before Magufuli was sworn in, about ten presidential candidates held a joint press conference where they disassociated themselves from the planned demonstrations called by Chadema.

Chadema has vowed not to recognize Magufuli’s win, dismissing the election that handed him a fresh mandate as a mockery of democracy and subversion of the people’s will at the ballot box.

Last week Tanzania police arrested Chadema leader Freeman Bowe and is yet to be released.

Source: Fleeing former Tanzanian MP arrested in Kajiado

The crackdown on Tanzanian’s opposition has been intensified barely a week after President John Pombe Magufuli was sworn in for a second five-year term.

On Sunday the immediate former MP for Arusha Urban Constituency, Godbless Lema, who had served for two terms, was arrested at Ilbissil in Kajiado County after he and his family crossed over through the Namanga border.

Lema had left his home in a taxi accompanied his wife Neema Godbless, their three children and alighted at Namanga.

He said his wife presented documents to immigration officers who refused to stamp them unless she was accompanied by him.

Lema told The Standard when she called him he went to the immigration offices, he told the officers he did not have his passport with him and that he was not accompanying her and the children because she was just going to look for an international school.

The officials allowed the family to cross the border while Lema asked for permission to go and look for Kenyan currency to give to his wife.

As soon as he crossed the border he slipped into his lawyer’s car.
The lawyer, George Luchiri Wajackoyah, was monitoring the situation from the safety of the Kenya side and drove the fugitive MP out of the border town as soon as he and his family entered his car.

As soon as the immigration officials realised that they had been outfoxed, they alerted the Kenyan authorities that a person had entered the country without presenting travel documents.
“The police pursued us and arrested intercept us at Ilbisil where they took us to the local police post. I did not want them to lock up Lema in Ilbisil, owing to its proximity to the Tanzanian border,” lawyer Wajackoyah said.

He added: “Things are very bleak in Tanzania. I am the lawyer acting for Chama Cha Maedendeo na Demokrasia . I knew Lema was coming and wanted to hand him over to the United Nations Human Rights Commission(UNHCR) when he crossed”.

Lema explained that when he reached the immigration department, he declined to hand over his passport because the officials would just detain him.

Tanzanian police had instructed Lema to present himself
“I decided to use a taxi because driving my vehicle would have alerted the police. I have left everything at home. This does not matter now. What is important is my safety and that of my family,” he told The Standard.

“Right now, I am with my wife Neema, my 14-year-old son Allbless, Brilliance(daughter) my last born son Terrence. I do not know what tomorrow holds. I am now looking for asylum,” he added
Wajackoyah said as soon as the US embassy opens today (Monday), he will present Lema’s case as he has been in communication with the political attaché, explaining that opposition leaders in Tanzania are being persecuted .

Wajackoya and Tundu Lissu, who has been on Magufuli’s crosshairs for the last three years were fellow students at the University of Warwick in the United Kingdom.
In 2017, Lissu escaped death miraculously after assassins sprayed him with bullets.

The 52-year-old lawyer and human rights activist challenged Magufuli for the presidency in the just concluded and disgrace election where Chadema was whitewashed with CCM claiming victory after garnering 94 per cent of the vote.

Even before the contested polls, there was widespread violence targeting opposition candidates and the few election observers concluded that the October 28 election was neither free nor fair.

According to Lema, Chadema’s presidential candidate, Tundu Lissu is also on the run from the Tanzanian authorities.

“Lissu is staying at the residence of the Germany envoy in Dar es Salaam. Nobody is safe anymore in Tanzania. They want to arrest him. And all prominent Chadema officials for protesting election rigging.”

Explained lawyer Wajackoyah: “A person fleeing from persecution, according to Article 2 of the UNHCR Statute of 1951, does not need to present documents. That is why I have booked him with the police as an asylum seeker so that he can be processed,” the lawyer explained.

There are fears that the majoritarian Chama Cha Mapinduzi will soon change the constitution to allow Magufuli to run for a third term when his second tenure ends in 2025.

Shortly before Magufuli was sworn in, about ten presidential candidates held a joint press conference where they disassociated themselves from the planned demonstrations called by Chadema.

Chadema has vowed not to recognize Magufuli’s win, dismissing the election that handed him a fresh mandate as a mockery of democracy and subversion of the people’s will at the ballot box.

Last week Tanzania police arrested Chadema leader Freeman Mbowe and is yet to be released.

I hope this is fake news.

Otherwise, nini kinaendelea hapa Tanzania?

Kama tumefikia hatua hiyo hakuna aliye salama Kwa sasa. Aanayeona Yuko salama azidi kutamba na ambaye usalama wake ni mdogo azidi kujilinda.

Muda ukifika halitasalia jiwe juu ya jiwe. Muda ni rafiki mzuri katika kusema kweli

Stunt

Lema hakuuawa alipokuwa mbunge leo sio mbunge kabakiwa na suruali nani anataka kumuua?

Lema ni threat kwa nani??

Kama personal issue alikabili tu
Kwa mambo yanayofanywa na awamu hii sishangai chochote, wewe unaruhusiwa kuropoka tu kwasababu bado hayajakufika.

Lissu mpaka leo mmegoma kumpa ulinzi anaishi ubalozini kwa wazungu ndani ya nchi yake kwasababu gani?

Haya yanawezekana ndio maandalizi ya jamaa kujiongezea muda wa kubaki madarakani, anaona huu ndio wakati wake wa kuwaondoa wapinzani wa kweli wote.

Ndani ya hii miaka mitano ijayo, watanzania tujiandae kuona mengi sana ya kushangaza.

There is media amnesia in Tanzania, so far the mass media house in Tanzania is silent doing self censorship whether to air this breaking news of a prominent opposition politician fleeing to save his neck from the draconian dictactorship which has so far managed to muzzled freedom of speech, sharing information and democracy space.

Habari za ziada :
Jasusi mstaafu awalaumu Watanzania kwa kuwasaliti na kuwatelekeza viongozi wa vyama vya upinzani wanaopitia kibano cha utawala wa CCM Mpya baada ya uchaguzi Mkuu kukamilika 28 October 2020. Mbali ya viongozi hao pia kuna wananchi wa kawaida huko Visiwani Zanzibar na Tanganyika wanaopitia madhila makubwa lakini waTanzania wapo kimya ktk Twitter na mitandao mingine kama vile hali ipo shwari.

08 November 2020​

Lema Alazimika Kukimbilia Kenya Kuomba Ukimbizi Baada Ya Kutishiwa Uhai Wake

Habari za kusikitisha kuhusu jinsi utawala wa Magufuli unavyohangaika kuuteketeza upinzani nchini Tanzania. Katika taarifa hii, aliyekuwa Mbunge wa Arusha Mjini, Godbless Lema amelazimika kutorokea Kenya kufuatia usalama wake na familia yake kuwa hatarini.
source : chahali media

Who is this Prof. George Luchiri, Advocate of the high court . His profile starts from being a grave digger overseas and now has 2 Ph.Ds in Law and more than 6 degrees in ....

Back
Top Bottom