George W. Bush will attend Biden's inauguration

Mafiningo

JF-Expert Member
Sep 5, 2016
Former President George W. Bush will attend President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration.

Bush and former first lady Laura Bush will attend the inauguration, according to Freddy Ford, Bush's chief of staff. The Bushes also attended Barack Obama and Donald Trump's first inaugurations.

"President and Mrs. Bush look forward to returning to the Capitol for the swearing in of President Biden and Vice President Harris," Ford said in a statement. "I believe this will be the eighth inauguration they've had the privilege of attending -- President Trump's being the most recent -- and witnessing the peaceful transfer of power is a hallmark of our democracy that never gets old."

The 43rd President was among the first high-profile Republicans to congratulate Biden on his victory after CNN and other media organizations projected he would win the presidency in November.

"Though we have political differences, I know Joe Biden to be a good man, who has won his opportunity to lead and unify our country," Bush said. "The President-elect reiterated that while he ran as a Democrat, he will govern for all Americans. I offered him the same thing I offered Presidents Trump and Obama: my prayers for his success, and my pledge to help in any way I can."

C&p CNN

Nicely, I hope H.E John PM will attend as well
... duh! Ha ha ha atavutia sana waandishi wa habari wakitaka kujua mambo mengi ya utawala wake - democracy, sera za kiuchumi, human rights, etc. Muhimu ahudhurie ili wengine wajifunze kwa Tanzania.

1 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom