Gender equality in relation to a Tanzanian woman

Apr 6, 2014
:thinking: Tanzania need better and capable people in making development changes, and those changes won’t happen if the large part of our human resources is left hanging without a better platform in education and decision making bases, it has to reach a time where we as Tanzanians ,we stand and say enough for gender inequality and let anyone without regarding to gender, to be given a chance to participate in economic production free from any humiliation.( READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE ATTACHED)

Attachments

• GENDER_EQUALITY_IN_ASSOCIATION_TO_A_TANZANIA_WOMAN(3).pdf
    115.6 KB · Views: 114
I agree gender inequality is serious social problem especially in remote area where majority of people have no educarion over the subject.

I think the first thing we can do to eliminate inequality in our society between men and women is that the policy makers should have to inform themselves about the situation going on in the society because we can't allow patriarchal mentality to dominate every part of life of woman. Its time to remind ourselves that woman is human being too she has equal rights as man.

The gender equality discussion is one sided. To large extend it only talks about the predicaments of women and I think if we continue on this path, the journey to address the problem might be longer.

I think it's time men should be brought into equation as well. If men are raised to accept the contribution of women, they will become better husbands, brothers, uncles, and fathers.