FUNDING OPPORTUNITY FROM BRITISH COUNCIL: DO YOU HAVE A GREAT IDEA AND YOU NEED FUNDING??

Dr. Wansegamila

JF-Expert Member
Feb 3, 2012
Do you have a great digital idea that has the potential to create a better world?

If so, please enter the #IdeasChangeLives challenge. You could win a prize of £20,000 and the chance to work with the British Council's Digital, Partnerships and Innovation team on an initiative to help achieve one of six of the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).

The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. Last year, we reached 758 million people through our work.

We are looking for organisations, groups, or talented individuals, to work with us on creating hyper-innovative digital solutions.

You should have a vision for how your idea could improve the lives of hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people.

This challenge gives you a genuine chance to change the world and improve the lives of some of the world's most disadvantaged people - what's your idea?

If you're ready to enter, open the link below to submit your idea
#IdeasChangeLives

You mean, do i have a great idea you can steal?
Inanikumbusha wale wanaondesha Architectural competions, mnapeleka design zenu halafu wanaiba wanayoipenda, the kimya, anashinda mtu hewa, huu ujanja umeshapitwa na wakati, hire a qualified individual to do the digital innovation you desire, and pay accordingly for services rendered!

You mean, do i have a great idea you can steal?
Inanikumbusha wale wanaondesha Architectural competions, mnapeleka design zenu halafu wanaiba wanayoipenda, the kimya, anashinda mtu hewa, huu ujanja umeshapitwa na wakati, hire a qualified individual to do the digital innovation you desire, and pay accordingly for services rendered!
Sio mimi nilietangaza hiyo funding opportunity mkuu!!
Bali, ni Organization ya British Council, and its a world wide competition mkuu. Au nimekosea kuiweka humu mkuu??
FRANCIS DA DON

Do you have a great digital idea that has the potential to create a better world?

If so, please enter the #IdeasChangeLives challenge. You could win a prize of £20,000 and the chance to work with the British Council's Digital, Partnerships and Innovation team on an initiative to help achieve one of six of the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).

The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. Last year, we reached 758 million people through our work.

We are looking for organisations, groups, or talented individuals, to work with us on creating hyper-innovative digital solutions.

You should have a vision for how your idea could improve the lives of hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people.

This challenge gives you a genuine chance to change the world and improve the lives of some of the world's most disadvantaged people - what's your idea?

If you're ready to enter, open the link below to submit your idea
#IdeasChangeLives
Mnacompete dunia yote au kila nchi kivyake?

Tufanye hivi, kesho natangazo shindano la kuandika vitabu (entries zisiwe copyrighted), mshindi atapigiwa simu, ukiona kimya jua hukushinda.
Hiyo condition uliyoweka (entries zisiwe copyrighted) hawajaiweka kwenye hii Funding Opportunity..... Actually wanapendekeza na kushauri algorithms za ideas/products ziwe copyrighted.
FRANCIS DA DON

Hiyo condition uliyoweka (entries zisiwe copyrighted) hawajaiweka kwenye hii Funding Opportunity..... Actually wanapendekeza na kushauri algorithms za ideas/products ziwe copyrighted.
FRANCIS DA DON
Yes they do, ila they know an individual who doesn't have the funding to develop his idea won't have the means to copyright an idea either, wanajua hili. Fanya utafiti ni % ngapi ya entries zitakuwa copyrighted

Yes they do, ila they know an individual who doesn't have the funding to develop his idea won't have the means to copyright an idea either, wanajua hili. Fanya utafiti ni % ngapi ya entries zitakuwa copyrighted
Well, that is actually a misconception (kwamba ku copyright idea ni hela nyingi).
I am taking ur challenge ya kufanyia utafiti kuhusu % ya entries kwenye funding competitions zinakua zimekua copyrighted; Lakini na wewe fanya utafiti pale COSOTA kuhusu gharama ya ku copyright your idea/project.
FRANCIS DA DON

Well, that is actually a misconception (kwamba ku copyright idea ni hela nyingi).
I am taking ur challenge ya kufanyia utafiti kuhusu % ya entries kwenye funding competitions zinakua zimekua copyrighted; Lakini na wewe fanya utafiti pale COSOTA kuhusu gharama ya ku copyright your idea/project.
FRANCIS DA DON
Ofcourse its cheap, but lacking the knowledge that its cheap is the lack of means i am talking about, and they are fully exploting this loophole. By the way, shindano la kimataifa halafu una-copyright COSOTA? Vipi kwa nchi nje ya jurisdiction ya COSOTA, are they free to pirate?

Ofcourse its cheap, but lacking the knowledge that its cheap is the lack of means i am talking about, and they are fully exploting this loophole.
Ok.
Anyways bro, i do get your the point you are trying to get accros (the possibility of your idea being pirated, especially if you have not copyrighted it).
But, kwa hali halisi kama una wazo na huna means za kuwezesha ku fund hilo wazo lako (and probably hakuna uwezekano wa kuweza kupata hiyo fund in the near future), you really have limited option. You either remain with your idea forever (and probably die with it in your head), or take that risk and apply for opportunities like these.
Labda tu kuongeza umakini kwa kuangalia baadhi ya viashiria ambavyo ukiviona, basi unaacha ku apply hiyo opportunity, na ku apply kwa zile opportunities ambazo at least zina a minimum/?reasonable amount of risk that your idea will be pirated.
Namfahamu a friend of mine ambae ali apply for a certain research fund from organization fulani hivi ya Wakenya, what happened ni kwamba hakupata ile fund, ila baada kama ya miezi 6, aliona kwenye gazeti jamaa wana advertise for employment kwa ajili ya project fulani, ambapo alipoangalia aliona inafanana kwa kiasi kikubwa na alichokua ameandika kwenye proposal yake (actually, some texts they just copied and pasted!!). As a precaution, hadi leo i dont apply to any funding opportunity advertised by organizations from Kenya. I also, do try to apply mostly to those opportunities which are global;
I have once benefited from such funding opportunity, so i know zipo za kweli.
FRANCIS DA DON

Ok.
Anyways bro, i do get your the point you are trying to get accros (the possibility of your idea being pirated, especially if you have not copyrighted it).
But, kwa hali halisi kama una wazo na huna means za kuwezesha ku fund hilo wazo lako (and probably hakuna uwezekano wa kuweza kupata hiyo fund in the near future), you really have limited option. You either remain with your idea forever (and probably die with it in your head), or take that risk and apply for opportunities like these.
Labda tu kuongeza umakini kwa kuangalia baadhi ya viashiria ambavyo ukiviona, basi unaacha ku apply hiyo opportunity, na ku apply kwa zile opportunities ambazo at least zina a minimum/?reasonable amount of risk that your idea will be pirated.
Namfahamu a friend of mine ambae ali apply for a certain research fund from organization fulani hivi ya Wakenya, what happened ni kwamba hakupata ile fund, ila baada kama ya miezi 6, aliona kwenye gazeti jamaa wana advertise for employment kwa ajili ya project fulani, ambapo alipoangalia aliona inafanana kwa kiasi kikubwa na alichokua ameandika kwenye proposal yake (actually, some texts they just copied and pasted!!). As a precaution, hadi leo i dont apply to any funding opportunity advertised by organizations from Kenya. I also, do try to apply mostly to those opportunities which are global;
FRANCIS DA DON
Comrade, its not a game of chance but its a certainity of being pirated. I mean honestly, leo niende nika-copyright COSOTA wakati organisation iko based UK? Tell me you are joking. Labda kwa entries toka UK especially the cooyrighted ones wanaweza wakaambulia kitu, ila ni rahisi sana kwa mtz kurushwa na hiyo Cosota yake.Infact, be sure umevuja jasho la kanisa..

Ofcourse its cheap, but lacking the knowledge that its cheap is the lack of means i am talking about, and they are fully exploting this loophole. By the way, shindano la kimataifa halafu una-copyright COSOTA? Vipi kwa nchi nje ya jurisdiction ya COSOTA, are they free to pirate?
Ideas are not copyrighted in our country. But the expression of those ideas in artistic form or in any other way is copyrightable.

Ideas are not copyrighted in our country. But the expression of those ideas in artistic form or in any other way is copyrightable.
This further reinforces my concern, so one can't even copyright an idea.., so one should just make an entry an expect them to be sympathetic about you?

Ok.
FRANCIS DA DON
Try this, submit andiko ili upewe funding kwa ajili ya kudevelop a 'Pictorial digital keyboard' ambayo itawezesha page nzima ya kitabu kuandikwa kwa sentensi chache tu. Sasa siku ya siku utakuta imeingizwa kwenye Android OS kimya kimya...., hahah

Back
Top Bottom