Functions of regulatory authorities

Mkereme

JF-Expert Member
Mar 9, 2009
The government has established a number of Regulatory authorities among others includes: EWURA,SUMATRA,TACRA,TFDA etc.etc... . I am flabagasted by the way they operate! It is understood that these authorities were legal established for the purpose of regulating. In principle these authorities should have been in place to have a plain level field for various stakeholders before liberalization. But unfortunately the regulators came into existance after liberalization. For Example TACRA meant to regulate communications was born when Mobitel and Vodacom had already being operating realtively free. TACRA doesn't come into the open to establish mobile operators airtime rates. EWURA and SUMATRA are now operating like the defunct price commisioner! This is funny and doesn't click in my head why should they fix the tarrif for elecricity but are flexible in fixing fuel prices for this case they only give indicative prices for petroleum products forgetting that electricity is generated using petroleum products. Why should the regulator be paid from the tarrif directly? I have not seen anywhere that fuel is levied EWURA levy or is it hidden. SUMATRA is also another comedian they fix bus rates but to the best of my knowledge the price is constituted variously. TFDA should also fix the price of foodstuffs and all drugs hata vipodozi!! Can the Minister for justice and Constitutional affairs come in the open and clarify. If they are operating according to their Terms of Reference THEN here we need the PRICE COMMISIONER BACK TODAY... why IF YOU FIX THE POWER TARRIF and leave the price of other items free then something is tragically wrong here. LET KIKWETE TAKE THE LEAD AND TELL US WANANCHI WHAT IS WRONG IN THIS MONTHS END RADIO!!! He shouldn't forget about the price of posho meal,nyama maharagwe and ALMASI/GOLD where does TACRA get the levy????

The government has established a number of Regulatory authorities among others includes: EWURA,SUMATRA,TACRA,TFDA etc.etc... . I am flabagasted by the way they operate! It is understood that these authorities were legal established for the purpose of regulating. In principle these authorities should have been in place to have a plain level field for various stakeholders before liberalization. But unfortunately the regulators came into existance after liberalization. For Example TACRA meant to regulate communications was born when Mobitel and Vodacom had already being operating realtively free. TACRA doesn't come into the open to establish mobile operators airtime rates. EWURA and SUMATRA are now operating like the defunct price commisioner! This is funny and doesn't click in my head why should they fix the tarrif for elecricity but are flexible in fixing fuel prices for this case they only give indicative prices for petroleum products forgetting that electricity is generated using petroleum products. Why should the regulator be paid from the tarrif directly? I have not seen anywhere that fuel is levied EWURA levy or is it hidden. SUMATRA is also another comedian they fix bus rates but to the best of my knowledge the price is constituted variously. TFDA should also fix the price of foodstuffs and all drugs hata vipodozi!! Can the Minister for justice and Constitutional affairs come in the open and clarify. If they are operating according to their Terms of Reference THEN here we need the PRICE COMMISIONER BACK TODAY... why IF YOU FIX THE POWER TARRIF and leave the price of other items free then something is tragically wrong here. LET KIKWETE TAKE THE LEAD AND TELL US WANANCHI WHAT IS WRONG IN THIS MONTHS END RADIO!!! He shouldn't forget about the price of posho meal,nyama maharagwe and ALMASI/GOLD where does TACRA get the levy????

Inawezekana kabisa unayo hoja mtu mzima.

Samahani,unaweza kuandika kwa mpangilio mzuri zaidi?Kwa mfano tumia aya na kila aya iwe na wazo moja.

Nachelea kusema umerundika yoote katika aya moja matokeo yake imeniwia vigumu kufuatilia hoja zako.Kuchangia imekuwa ngumu zaidi.

Tafadhali.

Back
Top Bottom