Free train services between Mombasa & Nairobi from 3-6 June

Jay456watt

JF-Expert Member
Aug 23, 2016
Correction: free services only apply between Syokimau station and Nairobi CBD station...My sincerest apologies
lqlghx7rw25n5vq593408fc8ddc5.jpg
UKzqWDvh.jpg
UUDgI8eh.jpg
Td8MrQqh.jpg
93icgChh.jpg

Kenya Railways at the weekend introduced a promotional bus transfer service for all passengers using the Standard Gauge Railway (SGR). The service, which kicked off on Saturday and will run up to Tuesday, involves free bus transport for travellers booked on the SGR from the Nairobi Central railway station in town to the Nairobi Terminus in Syokimau. The same buses are also transporting travellers on arrival in Nairobi from Mombasa to the Kencom bus stop in the Nairobi’s Central Business District.
In Mombasa, the travelers are being picked from the old Mombasa railway station on Mijikenda Street and transported to the Mombasa Terminus in Miritini. Kenya Railways has engaged the National Youth Service (NYS) and Kenya Posta who have provided the buses to facilitate the promotional bus service. The buses will shuttle passengers between the stations every morning at 7am to enable them board the 9am train. The buses will also shuttle passengers scheduled to arrive at 1:30pm to Nairobi's and Mombasa's CBD respectively. Tickets are available at the Nairobi and Mombasa Stations on cash or credit card with economy class going for Sh700 and business class at Sh3,000 for adults. According to Kenya Railways, plans are underway to introduce an online platform where travellers can purchase tickets.

Read more at: Promotional SGR passenger transfer service starts

Hehehehe!! Wangeponda balaa, oh mnatoa huduma ya bure mtashindwa.

A light rail to the city will go a long way in making this whole thing a milestone.

Hehehehe!! Wangeponda balaa, oh mnatoa huduma ya bure mtashindwa.

A light rail to the city will go a long way in making this whole thing a milestone.
hehe kweli....I dont know where that plan reached though...it would be very bad to alight at Syokimau station from a modern train only to board the old RVR ones to town...this light rail thing should have been implemented together to match the completion of the Mombasa-Nairobi SGR...this begs the question, how the hell did Ethiopia accomplish both their SGR and addis light rail? also, what is the relation of debt to GDP in Ethiopia becuase kuna 6000MW dam also in the process of implementation?..yaani hawa Wahabeshi hawataki mchezo.

hehe kweli....I dont know where that plan reached though...it would be very bad to alight at Syokimau station from a modern train only to board the old RVR ones to town...this light rail thing should have been implemented together to match the completion of the Mombasa-Nairobi SGR...this begs the question, how the hell did Ethiopia accomplish theirs? also, what is the relation of debt to GDP in Ethiopia becuase kuna 6000MW dam also in the process of implementation?..yaani hawa Wahabeshi hawataki mchezo.

Ethiopia debt to GDP was at 54% by 2015 not sure what it is now.

Ethiopia debt to GDP was at 54% by 2015 not sure what it is now.
funny, I haven't had any complaints about Ethiopia's rising debt from the World Bank, Ethiopian politicians or citizens..last I checked, their projects have also been built from Chinese loans and not Ethiopian money....I think press freedom in Ethiopia is quite limited...

Also, I would like Kenya to implement a different type of light rail from the Ethiopian one...there is one from Seoul...fantastic!!
1280px-Korail_Line_1_Gyeongin_express_train_at_Guro.jpg

Metro_Turin_Italy_Tunnel.JPG

or something like this one..kama ya ethiopia but without the ugly bridges
y92q8nth-1428904468.jpg

if they want to raise the system with a bridge then this would be nice
smart-grid-regenerative-electric-trains-2.jpg

I think there's just so many stuff to do under so little time. When Muigai implements these urban renewal crapo then he has my undecided vote.

Btw ninkumbuka my password leo, duh !

Also, I would like Kenya to implement a different type of light rail from the Ethiopian one...there is one from Seoul...fantastic!!
1280px-Korail_Line_1_Gyeongin_express_train_at_Guro.jpg

Metro_Turin_Italy_Tunnel.JPG

or something like this one..kama ya ethiopia but without the ugly bridges
y92q8nth-1428904468.jpg

if they want to raise the system with a bridge then this would be nice
smart-grid-regenerative-electric-trains-2.jpg

Asande sana kwa kutusaficha mechooo. Iko safi kama pamba.

Back
Top Bottom