Free channels on DSTV decoders

sijui nini

JF-Expert Member
Sep 29, 2010
I know ihis might be old news to some but inorder to save my hard earned buck I considered the possibility of receiving the free channels accessible through the DSTV decoder... What was annoying me was that those south african radio channels on the DSTV radio bouquet are suppose to be free and was not accessing them once my subscription has expired.
Here is how you can go about it.
SETTINGS
Step 1:
Before setting up your decoder, please ensure that your decoder software is upgraded to the latest version.
To perform a software upgrade:
Press the MENU button.
Select "ADVANCED OPTIONS" and press OK.
Select "DSD UPGRADE" and press OK.
The decoder should start to upgrade the software now. If you are not sure about the version of your decoder software, you can contact Multichoice or your local DSTV technician/supplier and they will be able to help you.
Step 2:
Press menu
Select "Advanced Options"
Select "Dish Installation"
Enter the pin "9949"
Select "Network Configuration"
Select "Network 2 Setup" NB: Leave "Network 1 Setup (Home)" unchanged!!
Set Signal Setup to "Enabled" by selecting it, and moving left or right
Set Frequency to "11170"
Set Symbol Rate to "26652
Set Polarization to "Vertical"
Set FEC to "5/6"
Select "Accept these settings"
Step 3:
Select "Network 3 Setup"
Set Signal Setup to "Enabled"
Set Frequency to "11625"
Set Symbol Rate to "15000
Set FEC to "3/4"
Step 4:
Select "Network 4 Setup"
Set Frequency to "11674"
Set Symbol Rate to "26652
Set FEC to "5/6"
Step 5:
Select "Network 5 Setup"
Set Frequency to "12522"
Set Symbol Rate to "26657
Set Polarization to "Horizontal"
Set FEC to "1/2"
Step 6:
Select "Network 6 Setup"
Set Frequency to "12562"
Set FEC to "1/2"
Step 7:
Select "Network 7 Setup"
Set Frequency to "12682"
Set FEC to "1/2"
Step 8:
Select "Network 8 Setup"
Set Frequency to "12722"
Set FEC to "1/2"
Step 9:
Exit once to go back to the "Dish Installation" menu
Select "Scan All Networks"
Your decoder will go into scanning mode and might take a while to scan all 9 networks. Do not interrupt the process even if it seams to take longer than you expected!
Once completed, your picture will return as normal
To access you public channels, press the "TV button" on your remote control.
The "Bouquet Options" menu will appear.
Select "Public PAS7/10"
Pressing any of the arrow buttons on your remote, will open the screen with all the available Free to Air channels.
Simply select the channel you wish to view and press ok to tune.
To access the radio channels, simply select the "music note" on your remote (while still on Public PAS7/10 bouquet) and select which channel you would like to listen.

source :FREE CHANNELS ON DSTV DECODERS | Bloogle

mmm quick question, i dont have enabled on my dish network selection, just the various (DStv IS 7, W7, W4, IS 10 and Other?? ) which do i select for the above configurations? help please

Ni zile ambazo ata kama airtime yako imeisha utaendelea kuangali kama dish100,king A,inspiration,cctvn,kbc,ctzn,tbc,learn,ewntv,islamic channel,RHEMA,CNC.
Hila hapa mkuu ujaelewaka maana post umeanza na redio alafu ukamiliza kwa kusema channels na hiyo setting haijaeleweka ni Radio tu?

ok wandugu...ni hivi hizi ni channels zilizo free hata kama subscription yako imeisha kama alivyozitaja Alexism hapo juu ila zinaongezeka na zingine ambazo kwa sasa hawajaziweka ...na ni TV PAMOJA NA RADIO..hapo juu ni maelezo jinsi ya kufanya na kupata hizo channels...

mmm quick question, i dont have enabled on my dish network selection, just the various (DStv IS 7, W7, W4, IS 10 and Other?? ) which do i select for the above configurations? help please
chagua "other"

is it wise to define these settings while the monthly subscription has not expired? or better wait until it has expired?

is it wise to define these settings while the monthly subscription has not expired? or better wait until it has expired?
its your choice ...hata ukiweka kabla hazijaisha still zinafanya kazi na unaweza ukapata channels chache za ziada ambazo pengine ulikuwa huna hapo mwanzo....!!

Jaman mi mbona nikifikka ktk DSD upgrade niiiweka oky inaenda ktk automatic upgrade hapo inakwama msaada pls

Ni zile ambazo ata kama airtime yako imeisha utaendelea kuangali kama dish100,king A,inspiration,cctvn,kbc,ctzn,tbc,learn,ewntv,islamic channel,RHEMA,CNC.
Hila hapa mkuu ujaelewaka maana post umeanza na redio alafu ukamiliza kwa kusema channels na hiyo setting haijaeleweka ni Radio tu?

channel zenyewe mbona za kishamba.

Wazee naomba nifahamishe namna ya kusetup decoder yangu ili nipate TBC. Niko west africa kwa sasa na nikitaka kuweka (tuning) TBC naambiwa "not subscribed for your country".

hizo free channel ni zipi just tueleze wengine tufahamu
hakuna channel yoyote ya maana ambayo inapatikana kwenye public bouquet unaweza kuangalia na pia angalau kama unajua kifaransa unaweza ku bai time kuziangalia maana nyingi ni za senegal kama 2rs,rsv,rdv kuna za cameroon kama crt,congo drc kama drtv international,oh tv,powerplus za dini toka nigeria hizi wanatumia kiingereza na ebru tv hii ni general entertaiment nayo english.ila hii rdv na drtv international wanaonyesha mpila epl live mechi moja kila weekend ingawa quality inakua mbovu utadhani startv wanaonyesha mpira live.

Back
Top Bottom