Four Things Guys Talk About Behind Your Back

Castle

Jul 25, 2008
Anyone who thinks that guys are only interested in talking about sports and cars is seriously out of touch. My close friends and I rap about relationships all the time. The conversations aren’t always especially sophisticated, but many women would probably be surprised about how honest guys are in the company of friends. Here are four popular discussion topics:

Are boys meaner than girls? I don't know. One thing I do know: I would happily listen to Rachel McAdams talk ish about me all day long.

1) Your bedroom prowess. Newsflash: men like talking about sex. However, in my experience women are actually much more graphic in describing their partner’s strengths and weaknesses. With guys it usually doesn’t go much further than “Dude, she’s awesome in the sack,” or “Dude, she just lays there.” Here's what he’s thinking the first time you have sex!

2) How often you call. I’m constantly listening to my friends complain about how often their girlfriends call. There’s a fine line between attentiveness and smothering.

3) Your romantic history. When one of my homies starts gushing about his new girl, the first thing I ask about is her track record. Is she on the rebound? Is she a serial monogamist? Has she lived with someone before? Is she still friends with her ex? There is no right answer to any of these questions—I’m just trying to get a sense of where she’s coming from.

4) Your friends. Obviously, it’s a bonus if they’re cute and single. But if a girl has annoying friends that means I’m going to avoid my buddy when he’s hanging out with them. Remember, you’re defined by the company you keep.

Does any of this surprise you? What do YOU say behind our backs?

I think both men & women talk about all the above. The way they put the question, the approach may be different but I think we all talk to our buddies about these things.