Former NTV presenter Janet Kanini dies after battle with cancer

Dr. Job

JF-Expert Member
Jan 22, 2013

1452150_0.jpg

Former NTV presenter Janet Kanini.

Former NTV presenter Janet Kanini died on Saturday after a battle with lung cancer.

"My friend [Kanini] breathed her last this morning," NTV anchor Larry Madowo tweeted.

Last year in February the presenter said she was cancer free.

In a long post on her Facebook account, Kanini said an MRI scan conducted on her showed no signs of lesions in her liver, abdomen, bones, lymph nodes and lungs.

Kanini attributed her healing to a support network of friends, family and strangers praying for her and encouraging her.

She made special mention of her husband who she said only recently revealed to her that doctors had given her less than six months to live after she was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.

More on this: Janet Kanini Ikua cured of cancer

More details to follow

Eulogies flood social media after Janet Kanini demise to cancer

1108729.jpg

The late Janet Kanini Ikua.

Kenyans have eulogised former NTV presenter Janet Kanini as courageous and kind.

Kanini died on Saturday after a battle with lung cancer.

The 39-year-old is survived by her husband and two children.

Read: Former NTV presenter Janet Kanini dies after battle with cancer

"I am deeply saddened by the passing of my friend Janet Kanini Ikua. We worked together. What a loss. We really have to tackle Cancer. RIP," Machakos Governor Alfred Mutua said.

Through hashtag [HASHTAG]#RIPJanetKaniniIkua[/HASHTAG] Kenyans on Twitter paid tribute to the bubbly TV presenter.

"You left us a great FB update and a great interview with Churchill. Go well," Director Digital, Innovations and Diaspora Communications Dennis Itumbi said.

Citizen's Janet Mbugua said, "My heart is so damn heavy. I'm praying for her family & friends. [HASHTAG]#RIPJanetKaniniIkua[/HASHTAG]. What a woman you were. You will never be forgotten."

"Kanini was a fighter and an inspiration to everyone fighting Cancer but God loved her most ... Kenyans Loved you," Drovan‏ Ken said.

Ernest Diha said, "You inspired many with your journey in fighting cancer. Journey well mama"

"A great inspiration she was during her fight with cancer. We celebrate you! So unfortunate to see you go," Prolific 20K said.

Last year in February the presenter said she was cancer free.

In a long post on her Facebook account, Kanini said an MRI scan conducted on her showed no signs of lesions in her liver, abdomen, bones, lymph nodes and lungs.

Kanini attributed her healing to a support network of friends, family and strangers praying for her and encouraging her.

She made special mention of her husband who she said only recently revealed to her that doctors had given her less than six months to live after she was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.

Eulogies flood social media after Janet Kanini demise to cancer

Back
Top Bottom