Few minutes into the interview room

Fredwash

JF-Expert Member
Oct 27, 2009
I was wondering where do the real concept lies... let me lay down this scenario....

I was in one of its kind interview for the job recently(this is true).. i am an IT expert by professional, and i was among 3 to 5 candidates applied for such field...... and i was the third one to be interviewed.

(NB: consider it as a challenges provided that professional are differs, but i guess its apply in many aspect) OK

MY Question is There was only two interviewer, my fellow ahead of me spent about 30 to 45 minutes in a room, i only happened to spend not less than 10 minutes and not more than 20....

SO what is the Sign of this.. what does this tell.......is that i don't have what they were looking for.... or its just i have covered on whatever aspect they needed so they had nothing left to test me into...or were they starting to get tired (mind you that i am only the third one provided there is still more ppl to come inside)....and what about spending more time in a room as well... would it be a vice-verse of one above reason ? or its just the other way around

what will you think might be the possible /strong reason behind it....

JAMANI TUKO KATIKA KUJIFUNZA NA KUELIMISHANA ..IF U FILL U WANT TO "DIS".. well i have a bad news for YOU SIR... its not an appropriate TIME for that.. coz it wont help anything.. and in fact sometimes silence says a lot.. so i will appreciate if u just stay cooool if u feel to be annoyed by this thread

One question for you sir. Was that interview conducted in English or Swahili? If it was in English I suspect that they lost interest in you on grounds of communication skills. Your english man!

inaa maaana umeshindwa interview
base na appearance yako...
ulivaaje?????ulivaa kata k????
confidence je????au ulikuwa na kittete?????
je ulisikiliza vizuri maswali ya mwanzo????
au ulikuwa huelewi maswali simple tu??????

labda nieleze maswali ylikuwa vipi??????

Fredwash,
An interview to the interviewer is very tensional time and you won't relax till the material are out this is normal through what i know.

About how you use very litle time while the others are stayed longer comparing to you there are number of factors to be considered in the case like this of yours. 1. Sometimes there are people who are applying some vacancies while they don't have suffient proffessional know how of the same this can lead on taking so long in interview room because your answer can attract more questions. 2.Because every one has his/her way on how to express himself/herself this also can lead on taking very long time and this is the right given on interview room. Suppose you took only three minutes to express yourself while someboby took more than eight, off course this will lead on difference of the total time taken to the interview between the interviewers.

After so saying I conclude that nothing is an indicator that whether the one who used few minetes or the one who use long time is going to be a winner of that interview, just wait and you will be informed about the end results.

Fredwash,
An interview to the interviewer is very tensional time and you won't relax till the material are out this is normal through what i know.

About how you use very litle time while the others are stayed longer comparing to you there are number of factors to be considered in the case like this of yours. 1. Sometimes there are people who are applying some vacancies while they don't have suffient proffessional know how of the same this can lead on taking so long in interview room because your answer can attract more questions. 2.Because every one has his/her way on how to express himself/herself this also can lead on taking very long time and this is the right given on interview room. Suppose you took only three minutes to express yourself while someboby took more than eight, off course this will lead on difference of the total time taken to the interview between the interviewers.

After so saying I conclude that nothing is an indicator that whether the one who used few minetes or the one who use long time is going to be a winner of that interview, just wait and you will be informed about the end results.

I second you J4-King.

Fredwash, Jibu hili hapa. Anayejua nini walikuwa wanakitaka, na nani amekionesha vizuri zaidi ni wasaili wenyewe. Kitakacho toka hapa jamii ni ubashiri tu. Habari ndiyo hio.

inaelekea uliwaboa kuanzia mwanzo ulivyoingia.....ulivyojiambulisha..mwonekano wako.Pole next tym jaribu tena

Mara nyingi ukitoka mapema ujue interviewer wamekosa interest, na hii inatoka na vitu kama;
first sight
communication skills, eg. vile body language, concentration, your undersndaing of the question etc
lugha
qualifications - inawezeka wakawapa few outliers chances za kujiexpress kwahiyo ukibuma wanwahi
interviewers kuchoka au kupoteza interest na hiyo activity
surprise
ila kama ni technical, inwezekana kabisa wanafanya presecreening for the next interview watu waki wachache

ila utambue kwamba weakness namba wani kwetu wabongo ni namna ya kujieleza

Fredwash,

well said and noticed ...... to me it is the best answer/opinion ... thanx a million

Nahisi kama lugha ili wa putoff, siku nyingine ukienda kwenye usaili, omba usailiwe kwa kiswahili if possible. Naamini kujua kiingereza si ishara ya weledi!! Usikate tamaa, tafuta kozi fupi fupi za kunyoosha lugha...

Muulize Kanumba anasoma wapi kozi ya kiingereza ili nawe ukajiunge!!

Don worry man, hiyo inategemea na nini kilitokea ndani ya chumba cha usaili. Wewe ndo unajua nini uliulizwa.Hao jamaa ni lazima walikuwa na programme yao ya maswali kwahiyo mzee kama uliyajibu vizuri basi subiri matokeo mazuri ila kama ulitoka nje ya mstari pia utayapata matokeo yako.
Wao kama walishamaliza maswali yao ulitaka wakuweke humo ndani kwa nini, au kuna AC kali manake mshikaji na hii Dar du joto kali, ila usikonde sana, mswahili hana jema ungewekwa saa mzima pia ungekuwa na tashwishwi rafiki yangu ni vijimambo tu.

Pole sana kwa hili.
Mengi yameongewa hapa la kuchangia ambalo mimi limenitokea ni kujieleza kwako.
Kwa sasa nina fanya kazi UN, lakini pamoja na sifa mbali mbali za elimu nilizo nazo nilipoteza sana nafasi kama 5 kwa sababu ya tatizo la kujieleza lugha! hata sasa sijaweza mudu hili tatizo. Nimewahi kufanya mahojiano kwa watu 6 dakika 75 wakiwa (continents) tofauti lakini tatizo ni lugha!
Kwa hiyo ulivyo jieleza ni jibu tosha.

Kwa walio zungumzia kiingereza nadhani hawapo sahihi, kinachotokea kwenye suala la interview na kukaa kwa muda mfupi ni dhahiri ya kwamba hao watu hawakuwa na interest nawe na kuna uwezekano walikuwa wameshamuandaa mtu wao, mimi kuna kipindi ilishanikuta hali kama hiyo! Niliingia kwenye inetrview nikaulizwa jina na nikaambiwa nijieleze kuhusu wasifu wangu then wakaniambia ahsante tutawasiliana. Kwa hy usishangae, interview huwa zina mambo mengi!

au ukionekana na confidence kupitiliza wanaona kama unawadhalau fulani hivi. lakini unaweza kutaja vitu vyako vingine amabyo vitawavuta kujua nini kilitoea zaidi.

most probably ni lugha, maana naona kuna matatizo hata kwenye maandishi yako. so jitahidi tu ndugu kujifunza kunyoosha lugha, i know its challenging, it is for most of us but try.

kuna vitu muhimu vya kujiandaa kabla ya kuingia kwenye interview, nafikiri unavielewa, sasa kama unajua ulikuwa fresh subiri majibu usipanick.

I dont mean to offend anyone but brother, you English Language must have put them off.
remember even an IT person has to cummunicat with his users, thast why they dismissed you.
i dont think they'll give you the job. sorry-no offence