FC Barcelona (Barça or Blaugrana) | Special Thread

IMG_20200113_213059_132.jpeg

Sent using Jamii Forums mobile app

Nani alisha wahi kuona don vvalverde kaongea tactics zaidi ya it is what it is... wazee tujiandae kwa SEXY football huyu mzee anajua

“I’m a romantic, I like the football.

"I’m a spectator, and I don’t buy a ticket to watch a team stay stuck in their half waiting for a 0-0 or a counter-attack.”

“Style is not the problem. It’s about doing things well. Because what happens when you defend for 90 minutes and still lose? It seems, with that, you never have to justify anything. Every style can lose. What you have to do is make sure your players understand your idea, and execute it well.”

“If you play badly and lose, you’re left with nothing. If you lose but play well, you still have something. You have something to build on.”

“When I arrived at Lugo, the whole world told me you can’t play that football in Segunda B. I said we could, and was there six years. We got promoted, playing the football Betis play now. I have a motto, that I will never change my way of seeing things… sometimes, how I feel about football, it doesn’t matter if a team wins or loses. What attracts me to a match is whether the teams play well, that there are footballers, that it goes beyond the result.

Before I signed for Betis, I asked them ‘why do you want me? You’ve seen how my teams played, how I play. Are you clear this is what you want? Are you convinced this is what your president, your sporting director, the officials want? You agree with this or not, because be clear that I’m not going to change. If not, you’d better get another manager.’ This is what I understand, this is how I play. My teams are going to come out from the back, involve the goalkeeper, and create.

“First of all, I tell them they’re going to enjoy themselves much, much more. I’ve said it many times. When you went out to play football as a kid, no matter how good or bad you were, what you loved was having the ball, touching the ball.

“That’s the key.

“And when you tell the players your ideas mean they will have the ball for 70 minutes of the 90, their faces change; their outlook changes. Above all the players that have a certain technical quality, as they immediately connect to this idea and start offering more of themselves. If you emphasise this, everything is easier.

“I always say to my players that to win should be the consequence of doing things well. OK, one or two days you’ll lose but what’s very important is that the players understand what you’re trying. They have to understand that what we’re doing is going to give the team much more than it’s going to take away from the team.

“With the goalkeepers playing the ball, say, from the first moment I arrive, I say all I’m going to ask is that you have the will to try it. I’m going to put in place in the mechanisms in front so it’s not as high but if you mess up, it’s not your fault, it’s mine, because I’m asking you to do something.

“And that level of confidence is what every player has to have, to then give the ball to a teammate.

“If you throw footballers to the lions and later don’t protect them if they get something wrong, they’re never going to give you what you want. This is something that has to be clear from the start.

“So we want to play the ball out from the back. We put the structures in place for it, explain it, watch the videos, study the opposition. Later, once we’ve perfected that first phase, you start on the process of creation further forward. You have mechanisms for this, coordination, connection between the players.”

“For me, it’s always come off well,” he says. “I’m here with my balls on the line, like they say, because it’s true I leave space in behind when we attack. The opposition can take advantage of that but, for me, to create danger, to have the ball, to play, to play high, it’s much more enjoyable. It makes everything easier. And when your main objective is to defend, the opposition will create more chances. That has its own risks.

“There’s only one player I’ve known that has the ability to really decide games on his own, and play wherever. That’s Messi. When you have a footballer like that, who can do it on his own, there’s nothing to say. The other 10 are going to say ‘let him do what he wants, he’s going to keep us better, and we’ll win more matches.’ But there’s only one. Everyone else has a role, has to maintain the structure. And if you have a player who keeps drifting outside the system, you have to remove him. No matter how good he is. If you win games on your own, fine, but since you don’t, you make me lose balance. And balance is essential - above anything.”

“For me, really, the one I would lament losing greatly would be Messi. He brings together everything I love about football. He’s pure. He’s not only one thing. He’s everything. I think it would be a tragedy to lose him, but just like we lost [Diego] Maradona in his moment, like we lost [Johan] Cruyff… footballers who have thrilled me to sit down in front of the TV to watch them.”

Setiene

Sent using Jamii Forums mobile app

OFFICIAL: Former Betis boss Setien replaces Valverde as new Barcelona coach

The former Real Betis tactician had been linked with the Blaugrana several times in recent years, as his football philosophy is similar to that of the Catalan side.

Setien has expressed his admiration on everything that Barcelona represent, focusing on their attacking style of football.

His coaching career kicked off in 2001 at Racing Santander, leading the team to promotion to the Spanish top flight.

From there he moved to Poli Ejido and then Equatorial Guinea, before taking charge of Logrones in 2007.

He stayed there for one year, before joining Lugo, where he remained for six seasons, helping the team to establish themselves in the Spanish second tier.

In 2015, he coached in LaLiga Santander for the first time after moving to Las Palmas, then two years later he was appointed as Betis coach.

While in his first season with the Andalusian side he qualified for the Europa League and reached the Copa del Rey semi-finals, in his second year, his relationship with the board deteriorated and his contract was terminated, despite having signed a three-year deal.