Father of Modern Conservatism, William F. Buckley (1925-2008) owned by Noam Chomsky

Game Theory

Platinum Member
Sep 5, 2006
A little bit of brain food for the JF fam.

William F. Buckley Jr., 82, the intellectual founder of the modern conservative movement, who helped define the movement's doctrines of anti-communism, military strength, social order and a capitalist economy, died today at his home in Stamford, Conn. He had diabetes and emphysema, but the precise cause of death has not been determined.

(1925-2008)

-Washington Post

This MF is a will make you sick to you stomach with his
corporate imperial apologies.

I have tremendous amount of respect for Noam, the way he gave Bill Clinton an a** kicking.

part 1

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6163541202355026162

part 2
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6163541202355026162

I would love to have seen a hypothetical interview, Chomsky interviewing Nyerere on the subject of colonialism/imperialism neo- colonialism.

Chomsky is putting this confidence man in his place.It is so sad that with mainstream media taking a somewhat "devils advocate" but refraining from complete confrontational style (e.g Tim Russell) this style of interviewing where no stone is left unturned is not prevalent.

I would love to have seen a hypothetical interview, Chomsky interviewing Nyerere on the subject of colonialism/imperialism neo- colonialism.

Chomsky is putting this confidence man in his place.It is so sad that with mainstream media taking a somewhat "devils advocate" but refraining from complete confrontational style (e.g Tim Russell) this style of interviewing where no stone is left unturned is not prevalent.

He was withering in his estimation of the left, but he delivered his jibes (for the most part) with a sly wit and a civility that's long gone from public discourse. And he was smart as hell, albeit in a showoffy harpsichord playing/celestial navigating kind of way. He also seemed to annoy a lot of people. Think thats the only thing i enjoyed watching from him

He was withering in his estimation of the left, but he delivered his jibes (for the most part) with a sly wit and a civility that's long gone from public discourse. And he was smart as hell, albeit in a showoffy harpsichord playing/celestial navigating kind of way. He also seemed to annoy a lot of people. Think thats the only thing i enjoyed watching from him

Punguza dharau kwanza watu watakupenda na kukuheshimu!

Back
Top Bottom