fake account was created Facebook announced that the Head of State had resigned.

R.B

JF-Expert Member
May 10, 2012
Malawi government on Monday said a fake account was created on social networking website Facebook with an aim to "tarnish" President Mrs Joyce Banda's image as a user announced that the Head of State had resigned.
"It is not a rumour, I am really resigning this office has failed me. Grass is greener on the other fence, but the water bill is also high because (of) watering," reads the status posted Monday on the account of President Joyce Banda on Facebook.
The status added: "I quit politics, they are just poor tricks. Follow me every day Malawi for more fresh updates on what's in my mind."
joyce-banda-profile-picture-300x189.jpg

President Banda: Not on Facebook

The Facebook post attracted comments from Malawians with one appealing to President Banda not to abdicate office.
But government spokesman Moses Kunkuyu said the account was fake and pointed out that anti-social elements have been misusing the social networking site by creating the President's fake Facebook ID.
Kunkuyu, who is also Minister of Information and Civic Eductaion, asked the public to ignore Facebook accounts bearing President Banda's names and images . He also said such accounts should be treated as mischievous.
He said Police e are investigating the matter "due to its criminal nature."
"I wish to advise all Facebook users to sever their friendship to this account to avoid being caught in the web of police investigations," said Kunkuyu.
The government spokesman stressed that President Banda "is not on Facebook" and that Malawians should not to be taken away when they receive messages on Facebook, suggesting that they are from her, let alone believe them.
Presidential Press Secretary Steven Nhlane said state machinery will track down on the impersonator.
Some Heads of State have used social media tools to reach-out to their supporters.
But the Malawi leader is not hitting the keyboard to sign-up a Facebook account though she is technologically savvy leader who follows social networking services and micro-blogging sites.
Her political People's Party has however a Facebook group page and also its official website.

Hiyo aacount itakakuwa imefunguliwa na BENARD MEMBE akisaidiwa na rafiki yake wa kuzikana J. ZOKA ili kumshambulia mama banda

Hiyo aacount itakakuwa imefunguliwa na BENARD MEMBE akisaidiwa na rafiki yake wa kuzikana J. ZOKA ili kumshambulia mama banda

Hivi si niliskia Zoka yupo kambi ya Lowassa? Au kahama?

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom