EYE SPY: Not more coal in Mbeya!

BAK

JF-Expert Member
Feb 11, 2007
EYE SPY: Not more coal in Mbeya!

Adam Lusekelo
Dar es Salaam

I HEAR that more coal deposits have been found in Mbozi and Chunya Districts in Mbeya Region. Some company called Magamba Coal Ltd has said that some estimated 52 million tonnes of coal could be mined for the next 20 years.

Now that is dangerous talk. You just cannot reveal state secrets just like that. The Chunya and Mbozi coal could be 'personalized', not privatised, just like the Kiwira Coal mine.

All you have to do is manipulate your way and become the president of the United Republic of Tanzania. Then the whole ball game becomes yours, your family's, in-laws and friends.

Former president Uncle Ben and his minister Dan Yona decided to 'personalize' the Kiwira coal mine. At the stroke of a pen they decided that the mine was theirs. That is just not fair!

I thought that the colliery is owned by the people of Tanzania and not by people who happen to be in power at any time. Because if we do that, then we might end up having Tanzania being owned by ex-presidents. Nothing personal, but that is just not right!

What next? The current prez, Jack Mrisho, may suddenly decide that he loves the Serengeti National Park. He starts a company and calls it the Kikwete Serengeti National Park Nirvana Unlimited.

It will be alright by Tanzanians since it is now de facto agreed that the presidents can indulge in business while at Ikulu. You can make yourself fabulously rich while posturing at Ikulu as the servant of millions of Tanzanians.

I think I will also be president. One day we will have independent candidates. Sooner rather than later I think. Because most of what I hear is utter rot. I will gun for the fabulous Ngorongoro Crater National Park. I will call it the Adam Luse Ngorongoro National Park. Whoever questions this will be promptly detained!

We claim to fight corruption while the vice is running circles around us. Thieving thugs are allowed to return the money they stole from the |BoT and nothing happens. The government is actually protecting them by hiding their identity and not throwing them behind bars, where they belong.

It is clear that the government is condoning these nefarious deeds by top government officials. Why don't they empty all jails and the people will decide on jungle justice? It increasingly seems that in Tanzania you have to be nuts to try to be an upright citizen of our republic. It seems it pays to be a crook.

By keeping silent on such deeds the government is just giving a wink and a nod to such thuggery. Is there justice in Tanzania? Me thinks not. But there is a limit to such outrages.

Mbwene2@yahoo.com

Naona Ndg. Lusekelo karudi na nguvu mpya na misuri iliyotuna tena katika kumkoma nyani.. Well done Lusekelo!!!!!!

I HEAR that more coal deposits have been found in Mbozi and Chunya Districts in Mbeya Region. Some company called Magamba Coal Ltd has said that some estimated 52 million tonnes of coal could be mined for the next 20 years. Now that is dangerous talk. You just cannot reveal state secrets just like that. The Chunya and Mbozi coal could be ’personalized’, not privatised, just like the Kiwira Coal mine. All you have to do is manipulate your way and become the president of the United Republic of Tanzania. Then the whole ball game becomes yours, your family’s, in-laws and friends. Former president Uncle Ben and his minister Dan Yona decided to ’personalize’ the Kiwira coal mine. At the stroke of a pen they decided that the mine was theirs. That is just not fair! I thought that the colliery is owned by the people of Tanzania and not by people who happen to be in power at any time. Because if we do that, then we might end up having Tanzania being owned by ex-presidents. Nothing personal, but that is just not right!

Mkuu Adam,

Salute, unaona kumkoma nyani giladi, yaani simple and clear, facts tupu zinajisema zenyewe hakuna kualzimisha, hakuna matusi wala chuki binafsi, facts! facts!

Lusekelo, heshima mbele mkuu!

Back
Top Bottom