Explosion in nairobi-kampala coach

Shapu

JF-Expert Member
Jan 17, 2008
Kuna habari hapa citizen tv kwamba kuna mtu kalipua basi la kampala coach...nimekuta habari ikiishia sijajua madhara kwa binadamu ila gai inaonekana kuharibiwa. Mwenye info zaidi atijuze

Mmh si ndi al-qaeda walitangaza kulipua wakati huu wa sikukuu? yaani ndo wameshatimiza? maana nilisikia ITV kua jamaa wanapanga kutekeleza mauaji wakati huu? hizi imani nyingine hizi jamani...

Grenade attack on bus kills one, scores injured

By EMMANUEL ONYANGOPosted Monday, December 20 2010 at 20:52

Kenya Police are yet to confirm whether it was a terrorist attack, though earlier Uganda's police chief warned of "strong indications" that Al-Qaeda-linked militants wanted to attack during the Christmas period and said security forces would issue an alert for vigilance.

The Kampala Coach bus was preparing to leave for Kampala from its station, located at Nairobi's River road, when four unknown attackers threw grenades at its entrance as passengers were boarding.

Kenyan police are said to have shot down two suspects at Kencom bus station, while one of the attackers is also reported to have been wounded by the blast. The fourth suspect is still at large.

In Uganda, the threats came from Islamist groups including the Al-Shabab and Allied Democratic Forces (ADF), Inspector General Kale Kayihura told AFP.

"Terror threats from Al-Qaeda, Al-Shebab and ADF are the main threats as we go for the festive season and there are strong indications they want to attack," he said.

"We are going to issue security alert so that people are aware of these threats as they go for festivities."

Uganda in July suffered East Africa's worst attacks in 12 years when suicide bombers struck two Kampala bars, killing 76 people. The attack was claimed by Somalia's Al-Qaeda-inspired Shebab rebels.

Mr Kayihura said authorities had received intelligence over possible attacks and Uganda was working with neighbouring countries to avert them.

"As police, we have engaged our colleagues in Kenya and other countries but the (solution) to these threats is people's vigilance but we are going to come out with an elaborate strategy on this," he said.

In the previous most deadly attacks, more than 200 people were killed in August 1998 when Al-Qaeda operatives bombarded American embassies in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam.

The ADF is a Muslim rebel group that claimed to fight for equal rights for Muslims in Uganda but was driven out of the country in 2001 and has since been based in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo.

Source: Daily Nation

My heart goes to those who have been affected by this heinous crime. It seems terrorist organizations have cells in Nairobi; the government of Kenya must step to the plate and arrested those who orchestrated this despicable act.

Pole kwa ndugu na familia ya wote waliopatwa na hili janga kwakweli kuna waislamu wengine wanatia aibu sie waislamu wengine tuliowastaarabu. Huu ni uchizi unaofanywa na watu wachache walio na matatizo kwani uislamu haufundishi kabisa hilo. Anyway tusubiri matokeo ya uchunguzi.

Kaa la moto what do you mean by TERRIFIC???? Are you celebrating the deaths and injuries of innocent people? What happened in Kenya can in no way be TERRIFIC my brother. It is rather terrible and unacceptable by any standards.

Kaa la moto what do you mean by TERRIFIC???? Are you celebrating the deaths and injuries of innocent people? What happened in Kenya can in no way be TERRIFIC my brother. It is rather terrible and unacceptable by any standards.

I am sure he wanted to say terrible! Kiingereza mgogoro, mine isn't perfect either!

I am sure he wanted to say terrible! Kiingereza mgogoro, mine isn't perfect either!

Kaa la moto anaweza akawa mwenzao kama kingereza si mgogoro kwake.

Ila haya mambo fundamentalists yanatisha, tuombe yasijetokea na Tz maana tutakufa wengi.

This fruit is celebrating other peoples misfortune, ukiona mwenzako ananyolewa chako kitie maji. you disgust me.

....Smatta....what if na yeye ni Al shabab? au al-qaeda? definately atashangilia sana......! to me he /she is one of them!

Meanings of terrific:
1. Very great or intense
2. Extraordinarily good or great; used especially as an intensifier
3. Causing extreme terror

may be he/she meant the 3rd meaning!

MKWELE: Pamoja na kuomba, nadhani hautakiwi kuishi kwa kutegemea bahati, kwamba yasitokee. Assumption inatakiwa kuwa kwamba yatatokea, na hivyo kuwa tayari for the worse. Werevu husoma signs of time. U ready to rumble.?

why the hell would u wanna kill innocent people going around their business????? uugghh these damn terorrist sometimes piss me off

i think KE, TZ, UG, ETH and RWA should launch a co-ordinated attack on these muther****ers al-shabaab with the help of US, CHI, and RUS(they would help by cutting supply of arms and money to the alshabaab.)

as long as alshabaab is trhiving in somalia, EA will never be safe and the economy will always be hampered by them terrorists, more so the world needs those shipping lanes near somalia to be safe.

i hate war(thats an understatement) but we cant afford to live in fear just because of these guys. afterall this is the reason we have millitaries that we spend billions of shillings on!!! to defend our way of life.

Back
Top Bottom