- Aug 9, 2019
- The precise number of people affected by DVT/PE is unknown, although as many as 900,000 people could be affected (1 to 2 per 1,000) each year in the United States.
- Estimates suggest that 60,000-100,000 Americans die of DVT/PE (also called venous thromboembolism).
- 10 to 30% of people will die within one month of diagnosis.
- Sudden death is the first symptom in about one-quarter (25%) of people who have a PE.
- Among people who have had a DVT, one third to one half will have long-term complications (post-thrombotic syndrome) such as swelling, pain, discoloration, and scaling in the affected limb.
- One-third (about 33%) of people with DVT/PE will have a recurrence within 10 years.
- Approximately 5 to 8% of the U.S. population has one of several genetic risk factors, also known as inherited thrombophilias in which a genetic defect can be identified that increases the risk for thrombosis.
A total of 168 people have suffered rare blood clots after taking the AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine in Britain, and 32 have died, the UK's medicines regulator said Thursday. The figures for clots or "thromboembolic events" run up to April 14, by when 21.2 million people had received first...
#COVID19 - Mtangazaji wa NTV ya Kenya, Amina Abdi afiwa na bibi yake baada ya kupewa chanjo ya COVID-19
- Mengi yanaendelea kuhusu chanjo ya covid ambayo ilitolewa ndan ya miezi michache tu na tukalazimishwa kuchanjwa wote bila kuuliza maswali, sasa taarifa nnayotoka kuskiliza apa ni kwamba achana na wale wa blood clotting, sasa hivi imepiga hatua zaidi izi taarifa zimfikie mbowe
Mwenyekiti wa Taifa wa CHADEMA, Freeman Mbowe amesema amepata chanjo ya #COVID19 ya Astrazeneca alipokuwa nje ya nchi kibiashara Aidha amemshauri Rais Samia Suluhu Hassan aharakishe mchakato wa Uchunguzi dhidi ya Corona ili hatua stahii zichukuliwe mapema na kuepusha vifo vinavyoweza kutokea...