Eric Hartsburg Plans To Remove Tattoo Of Romney On Face

MaxShimba

JF-Expert Member
Apr 11, 2008
Source: The Huffington Post

The Huffington Post | By Ariel Edwards-Levy
Posted: 11/29/2012 9:23 am EST Updated: 11/29/2012 10:17 am EST

The indignities of losing a presidential race don't stop on election night.

Since Nov. 6, Mitt Romney has seen his Facebook followers dwindle, and his merchandise land in the discount bin. Now, a professional wrestler with a Romney/Ryan logo facial tattoo is planning to remove it, calling Romney's post-campaign performance "pretty shameful." Eric Hartsburg told Politico the final straw came when the former GOP presidential candidate attributed his loss to President Barack Obama's "gifts" to minorities.

“It stands not only for a losing campaign, but for a sore loser,” Hartsburg said. “He’s pretty shameful as far as I’m concerned, man. There’s no dignity in blaming somebody else for buying votes and paying off people. I can’t get behind that or stay behind that.”

Hartsburg, who said he hoped the 5-by-2-inch tattoo would make politics more fun, had initially resigned himself to keeping the mark. “I’m the guy who has egg all over his face, but instead of egg, it’s a big Romney/Ryan tattoo. It’s there for life,” he told Politico after the election, saying he was a man of his word.

But the 30-year-old is now planning to fly to Los Angeles to have the tattoo removed, a year-long process. He hasn't ruled out getting another tattoo, maybe in 2016 when the "R" could do double duty for a potential Marco Rubio candidacy. Or, maybe, he said, he'll just get a yard sign next time.

-30-

Read more: Eric Hartsburg Plans To Remove Tattoo Of Romney On Face

Back
Top Bottom