English learning thread

Last year I went to see my wife at kibaigwa ,I stayed there for two months spending a lot together with neighbors ,then late on I decided to return Iringa where I am a player at lipuli FC ,after three weeks my wife phoned me ,informing that from today your not allowed to come here because I have heard bad news about you ,ohh my heart was running so fast !I think my self !!what's wrong with me again ? It was on Monday when my wife phoned me ,then on Tuesday I took the bus to kibaigwa when I arrived at the home the house was closed and no one where around even though it was evening ........please JF members correct me for this short story@cube,great vision
Let me remind you to use proper punctuation marks (comma, full stop etc) in your paragraph.
Well, I am not that good at English, so anybody feel free to correct me if that is the case. Here are my suggestions....,

In your sentence you've written "I went to see my wife" you can use " I went to visit my wife" or "I visited my wife".

"Late on" it was supposed to be "later on'' which means that... the time or situation after the one that you've been talking about.

"I decided to return" I'd prefer to use " I decided to go back to Iringa" or "I went back" (because that's where you were before) however "to return" Or "I returned " is also correct and acceptable (but it seems very common and it's always good to try new things).

Btw, I like your story but try to work on my suggestions.

PS, Don't try to translate any sentence from Swahili (native language) to English, many times it creates big confusion. Think it in English.
And lastly, I strongly insist on the correct usage of punctuation in your sentences.

Cc. 4G LTE

Let me remind you to use proper punctuation mark (comma, full stop etc) in your paragraph.
Well, I am not that good at English, so anybody feel free to correct me if that is the case. Here is my suggestions....,

In your sentence you've written "I went to see my wife" you can use " I went to visit my wife" or "I visited my wife".

"Late on" it supposed to be "later on'' which means that... the time or situation after the one that you've been talking about.

"I decided to return" I'd prefer to use " I decided to go back to Iringa" or "I went back" (because that's where you were before) however "to return" Or "I returned " is also correct and acceptable (but it seems very common and it's always good to try new things).

PS, Don't try to translate any sentence from Swahili (native language) to English, many times it create big confusion. Think it in English.
And lastly, I strongly Insist the correct usage of punctuation in your sentences.

Cc. 4G LTE
Ni bahati kuiona hii tag best.... Well done tho there are some which need few amendments like" many times it create big confusion" I'd prefer " frequently/multiple times create confusion" and on" Insist" there was no need of cap... Bila vituo/mapumziko para zinachosha ama unapoteana kabisa.... Keep this fire burning

Ni bahati kuiona hii tag best.... Well done... Bila vituo/mapumziko para zinachosha ama unapoteana kabisa.... Keep this fire burning
Thank you 4G LTE.
Wanasema if you don't think punctuation is important try forgetting the comma when you tell someone "I am sorry, I love you".

Also try this, "a woman, without her man, is nothing". Vs
A woman:without her, man is nothing.
Utaona maana inabadilika kabisa kwa kukosea tuu wapi pa kuweka koma au nukta.
So punctuation is powerful and also definitely part of grammar.

Thank you 4G LTE.
Wanasema if you don't think punctuation is important try forgetting the comma when you tell someone "I am sorry, I love you".

Also try this, "a women, without her man, is nothing". Vs
A women:without her, man is nothing.
Utaona maana inabadilika kabisa kwa kukosea tuu wapi pa kuweka koma au nukta.
So punctuation is powerful and also definitely part of grammar.
Thanks again.... Pia zinafanya uvutiwe kuendelea kusoma...

**woman

Let me remind you to use proper punctuation mark (comma, full stop etc) in your paragraph.
Well, I am not that good at English, so anybody feel free to correct me if that is the case. Here is my suggestions....,

"Late on" it supposed to be "later on'' which means that... the time or situation after the one that you've been talking about.

PS, Don't try to translate any sentence from Swahili (native language) to English, many times it create big confusion. Think it in English.
And lastly, I strongly insist the correct usage of punctuation in your sentences.

Cc. 4G LTE
Enjoyable.

The word " to" is a preposition. Immediately after a preposition ONLY a gerund, (a verbal noun or noun) can come. Remember, a preposition it can never be followed by a verb.
The word "seeing" is not a verb form and is not in present continuous form.

Seeing is noun, a gerund( a noun formed with a verb ending in " ing".)

So "I am Looking forward to seeing.. " is grammatically correct and acceptable.

I might be wrong about this, so feel free to correct me if that is the case.
Naomba unifundishe hii lugha cute b.

I think you are not right.
The sentence is grammatically and semantically correct.
The word SEEING is not a verb but it is a GERUND or a verbal noun
kikanuni mimi mwalimu wa lugha ningependa kukuweka sawa hapa, in english we're not required to add two verbs in form of"ing" in same sentence of different events as what you did, instead of saying "I am looking forward to seeing your english posts" you could say 'i am looking forward to SEE( ing-removed) your english.... Note: ktk matumizi ya sentensi vitenzi havipaswi kufuatana vikiwa na ing mwishoni lazima kitenz cha pili kiwe ktk hali yake ya kawaida, pili ukizungumzia jambo lolote ikiwa verb ya awali kutumika ikiwa ktk nyakati zozote tofauti basi kukitangulia mbele neno TO basi verb unayotaka kuiweka kwa mbele pia lazima iwe ktk hali yake ya kawaida. Otherwise ktk case za conjuctions like Prefer.....to......ig : i prefer watching a game to playing e.t.c KUFUNDISHA KIINGEREZA KTK MAANDISHI KAZI NA INALETA NJAA

You are right madam
The word " to" is a preposition. Immediately after a preposition ONLY a gerund, (a verbal noun or noun) can come. Remember, a preposition it can never be followed by a verb.
The word "seeing" is not a verb form and is not in present continuous form.

Seeing is noun, a gerund( a noun formed with a verb ending in " ing".)

So "I am Looking forward to seeing.. " is grammatically correct and acceptable.

I might be wrong about this, so feel free to correct me if that is the case.