English learning thread

I am looking forward to seeing your english posts.
kikanuni mimi mwalimu wa lugha ningependa kukuweka sawa hapa, in english we're not required to add two verbs in form of"ing" in same sentence of different events as what you did, instead of saying "I am looking forward to seeing your english posts" you could say 'i am looking forward to SEE( ing-removed) your english.... Note: ktk matumizi ya sentensi vitenzi havipaswi kufuatana vikiwa na ing mwishoni lazima kitenz cha pili kiwe ktk hali yake ya kawaida, pili ukizungumzia jambo lolote ikiwa verb ya awali kutumika ikiwa ktk nyakati zozote tofauti basi kukitangulia mbele neno TO basi verb unayotaka kuiweka kwa mbele pia lazima iwe ktk hali yake ya kawaida. Otherwise ktk case za conjuctions like Prefer.....to......ig : i prefer watching a game to playing e.t.c 🤣🤣 KUFUNDISHA KIINGEREZA KTK MAANDISHI KAZI NA INALETA NJAA

kikanuni mimi mwalimu wa lugha ningependa kukuweka sawa hapa, in english we're not required to add two verbs in form of"ing" in same sentence of different events as what you did, instead of saying "I am looking forward to seeing your english posts" you could say 'i am looking forward to SEE( ing-removed) your english.... Note: ktk matumizi ya sentensi vitenzi havipaswi kufuatana vikiwa na ing mwishoni lazima kitenz cha pili kiwe ktk hali yake ya kawaida, pili ukizungumzia jambo lolote ikiwa verb ya awali kutumika ikiwa ktk nyakati zozote tofauti basi kukitangulia mbele neno TO basi verb unayotaka kuiweka kwa mbele pia lazima iwe ktk hali yake ya kawaida. Otherwise ktk case za conjuctions like Prefer.....to......ig : i prefer watching a game to playing e.t.c KUFUNDISHA KIINGEREZA KTK MAANDISHI KAZI NA INALETA NJAA
Mkuu nafikiri hiyo sentensi kama ipo sahihi..

Mentor.

The grammatical mistake I noted to the pmwasyoke 's post is "seeing". It should be "see".

I stand to be corrected!
kikanuni mimi mwalimu wa lugha ningependa kukuweka sawa hapa, in english we're not required to add two verbs in form of"ing" in same sentence of different events as what you did, instead of saying "I am looking forward to seeing your english posts" you could say 'i am looking forward to SEE( ing-removed) your english.... Note: ktk matumizi ya sentensi vitenzi havipaswi kufuatana vikiwa na ing mwishoni lazima kitenz cha pili kiwe ktk hali yake ya kawaida, pili ukizungumzia jambo lolote ikiwa verb ya awali kutumika ikiwa ktk nyakati zozote tofauti basi kukitangulia mbele neno TO basi verb unayotaka kuiweka kwa mbele pia lazima iwe ktk hali yake ya kawaida. Otherwise ktk case za conjuctions like Prefer.....to......ig : i prefer watching a game to playing e.t.c KUFUNDISHA KIINGEREZA KTK MAANDISHI KAZI NA INALETA NJAA
After preposition to don't add 'ing'
The word " to" is a preposition. Immediately after a preposition ONLY a gerund, (a verbal noun or noun) can come. Remember, a preposition it can never be followed by a verb.
The word "seeing" is not a verb form and is not in present continuous form.

Seeing is noun, a gerund( a noun formed with a verb ending in " ing".)

So "I am Looking forward to seeing.. " is grammatically correct and acceptable.

I might be wrong about this, so feel free to correct me if that is the case.

The word " to" is a preposition. Immediately after a preposition ONLY a gerund, (a verbal noun or noun) can come. Remember, a preposition it can never be followed by a verb.

I stand with you madam.

For those who wish to build a strong grammatical foundation, i recommend you find a series of books titled "BRIGHTER GRAMMAR" by C.E.ECKERSLEY. They are four of them(Brighter Grammar book 1 up to Brighter grammar book 4). These books are so useful, especially to beginners and those who wish to sharpen their grammar. I'll upload PDFs of their scanned pages for those who can't get access to such books.

Attachments

• 2_BrighterGrammer.jpg
    2_BrighterGrammer.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 17

Hi every one wanna join This movement to improve my comm. Skills In english especially in writing and speaking

A large number of soldiers – troop, army, battalion
A huge gathering of people at a church or a place of worship – congregation
A huge crowd of people at a concert or a lecture – audience
A large number of people in a stadium watching a match – spectator
A large group or gang of people – horde
Two or more judges involved in a case – bench
A group of people giving a verdict in a court of law (a practice not prevalent in India ) – jury
A large number of beautiful ladies – bevy
A number of servants – staff
A number of actors – company
A group of sailors manning a ship – crew
A number of dancers, artistes and acrobats – troupe
A large number of people gathered together in a street – crowd
A crowd of disorderly people – mob
A group of singers in church – choir
A large number of people participating in a funeral procession – cortege
A large number of people belonging to the same race, living in group, under a chief, practicing same religion, customs and traditions – tribe
A number of directors of a company – board
A group of constables called in to enforce the law – posse

A bundle of hay – truss
A large collection of trees – forest
A collection of poems – anthology
A mass of hair – shock
A number of trees – clump
A number of drawers – chest
A collection of machine guns – nest
A collection of tools – set
A collection of eggs – clutch
A collection of books – library
A collection of flowers – bouquet
A collection of dried plants – herbarium
A collection of flags – bunting
A number of grapes on a bunch – cluster
A set of furniture, rooms – suite
Very useful.

Dear friends!
With this post, i've attached four books that are in a series. They are very useful, especially to beginners and those who want to sharpen their grammar.

All the best.

Attachments

• _OceanofPDF.com_Brighter_Grammer_1_-_CE_Eckersley.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • _OceanofPDF.com_Brighter_Grammmer_2_-_CE_Eckersley.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • _OceanofPDF.com_Brighter_Grammmer_3_-_CE_Eckersley.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • _OceanofPDF.com_Brighter_Grammmer_4_-_CE_Eckersley.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
Last year I went to see my wife at kibaigwa ,I stayed there for two months spending a lot together with neighbors ,then late on I decided to return Iringa where I am a player at lipuli FC ,after three weeks my wife phoned me ,informing that from today your not allowed to come here because I have heard bad news about you ,ohh my heart was running so fast !I think my self !!what's wrong with me again ? It was on Monday when my wife phoned me ,then on Tuesday I took the bus to kibaigwa when I arrived at the home the house was closed and no one where around even though it was evening ........please JF members correct me for this short story@cube,great vision