English learning thread

If you need to improve your speaking skills, I would suggest you to find a native speaker and try as much as possible to talk about different subjects. In a short period you will drastically improve confidence, pronunciation and vocabulary. English is a wide subject which needs persistent effort.

A large number of soldiers – troop, army, battalion
A huge gathering of people at a church or a place of worship – congregation
A huge crowd of people at a concert or a lecture – audience
A large number of people in a stadium watching a match – spectator
A large group or gang of people – horde
Two or more judges involved in a case – bench
A group of people giving a verdict in a court of law (a practice not prevalent in India ) – jury
A large number of beautiful ladies – bevy
A number of servants – staff
A number of actors – company
A group of sailors manning a ship – crew
A number of dancers, artistes and acrobats – troupe
A large number of people gathered together in a street – crowd
A crowd of disorderly people – mob
A group of singers in church – choir
A large number of people participating in a funeral procession – cortege
A large number of people belonging to the same race, living in group, under a chief, practicing same religion, customs and traditions – tribe
A number of directors of a company – board
A group of constables called in to enforce the law – posse

A bundle of hay – truss
A large collection of trees – forest
A collection of poems – anthology
A mass of hair – shock
A number of trees – clump
A number of drawers – chest
A collection of machine guns – nest
A collection of tools – set
A collection of eggs – clutch
A collection of books – library
A collection of flowers – bouquet
A collection of dried plants – herbarium
A collection of flags – bunting
A number of grapes on a bunch – cluster
A set of furniture, rooms – suite

A large number of soldiers – troop, army, battalion
A huge gathering of people at a church or a place of worship – congregation
A huge crowd of people at a concert or a lecture – audience
A large number of people in a stadium watching a match – spectator
A large group or gang of people – horde
Two or more judges involved in a case – bench
A group of people giving a verdict in a court of law (a practice not prevalent in India ) – jury
A large number of beautiful ladies – bevy
A number of servants – staff
A number of actors – company
A group of sailors manning a ship – crew
A number of dancers, artistes and acrobats – troupe
A large number of people gathered together in a street – crowd
A crowd of disorderly people – mob
A group of singers in church – choir
A large number of people participating in a funeral procession – cortege
A large number of people belonging to the same race, living in group, under a chief, practicing same religion, customs and traditions – tribe
A number of directors of a company – board
A group of constables called in to enforce the law – posse

A bundle of hay – truss
A large collection of trees – forest
A collection of poems – anthology
A mass of hair – shock
A number of trees – clump
A number of drawers – chest
A collection of machine guns – nest
A collection of tools – set
A collection of eggs – clutch
A collection of books – library
A collection of flowers – bouquet
A collection of dried plants – herbarium
A collection of flags – bunting
A number of grapes on a bunch – cluster
A set of furniture, rooms – suite
Help me my dear

Yes please, I want to improve my writing skills through chatting with anyone who is willing to do so.

...hi to everybody!im very excited to join you in this platform of learning the spoken english with you!,im not good since i have join just to get help as im a victim who suffering alot now for missing to communicate well in english!....with regards!View attachment 1110156
Am not sure, if this is real spoken and not written English learning platform. Most people especially in Tz are better when it comes to writing in English than speaking it.

Help me my dear
Present Tenses

There are 2 present tenses in English:

1. The present simple is for regular actions and habits.

2. The present continuous is for an action that is happening now.

Decide whether these sentences are regular actions or things that are happening now.

• I’m waiting for a phone call.

• We go to the cinema every weekend.

• They don’t drink beer.

• She’s singing a song.

• You are studying English

• He is working in the garden.

• He works in an office.

• We’re watching a football match.

• She reads a newspaper every day.

• I use a computer at work.

• You don’t speak French.

• It’s raining.

• The sun shines every day.

Comprehension Questions

Answers below

Now:

• I’m waiting for a phone call.

• She’s singing a song.

• You are studying English

• He is working in the garden.

• We’re watching a football match.

• It’s not raining.

Regular actions and habits:

• We go to the cinema every weekend.

• They don’t drink beer.

• He works in an office.

• She reads a newspaper every day.

• I use a computer at work.

• You don’t speak French.

• The sun shines every day.

Thanks alot for your wish,the issue is im working with government istitution where the means of communication is kiswahili as you know most of our time we spend there​
Mama wawili,
It could have sound Better if you could have said,'thanks a lot for your encouragement...
And not 'wish'. But you are far better than what you believe. Your English is not that bad as you think. Keep talking Mama.

Mama wawili,
It could have sound Better if you could have said,'thanks a lot for your encouragement...
And not 'wish'. But you are far better than what you believe. Your English is not that bad as you think. Keep talking Mama.
Noted mkuu!

If you need to improve your speaking skills, I would recommend you to find a native speaker and try as much as you can to talk about different subjects. In a short period you will drastically improve confidence, pronunciation and vocabulary. English is a wide subject which needs persistent effort.
Definitely bro
Learning a new language needs some conducive learning platform, meaning that language should be Lent from those knew the language well and they have ability to correct your mistakes in real time.

I have been struggling leaning English through people whom in part they don't know the language well as consequence my progress has been too slow.

Recently have made my decision of agreeing to be looked down as idiot but I want to push my limits by utilizing any platform that will allow me to practice English.

I say anything, I write anything, I don't take seriously any mistake made through my conversation. My aim to become more better than was yesterday.

I keep reading books, listening to music and watching TV news in English. Sometimes when I'm walking I keep talk to myself ....all these is to overcome this one of the challenge in my life

Recently I have discovered that I have special ability in making description but the language become my limitation. So I have decided to work on my weakness for my betterment.

I have a dream... one day I will become good English writer. Many will look to my documentary in social media including Jf. I promise you will be shocked with my radical improvement that I would become.

Kindly ...anyone interested to help, take my hand I'm ready to be assisted

It's me pureman

Definitely bro
Learning a new language needs some conducive learning platform, meaning that language should be Lent from those knew the language well and they have ability to correct your mistakes in real time.

I have been struggling leaning English through people whom in part they don't know the language well as consequence my progress has been too slow.

Recently have made my decision of agreeing to be looked down as idiot but I want to push my limits by utilizing any platform that will allow me to practice English.

I say anything, I write anything, I don't take seriously any mistake made through my conversation. My aim to become more better than was yesterday.

I keep reading books, listening to music and watching TV news in English. Sometimes when I'm walking I keep talk to myself ....all these is to overcome this one of the challenge in my life

Recently I have discovered that I have special ability in making description but the language become my limitation. So I have decided to work on my weakness for my betterment.

I have a dream... one day I will become good English writer. Many will look to my documentary in social media including Jf. I promise you will be shocked with my radical improvement that I would become.

Kindly ...anyone interested to help, take my hand I'm ready to be assisted

It's me pureman

I'm impressed, with that positive energy you will be an expert in no time. Tag me once a group is created.