Ellen Degeneres and her wife Portia DeRoss met Kagame in Rwanda

Culture Me

JF-Expert Member
May 24, 2017
Mchekeshaji na Tv Show host maarufu nchini Marekani Ellen na mkewe Portia walikua nchini Kenya kwa mapumziko baadae wakaenda Rwanda na kukutana na Rais Kagame,

Ellen na Portia wana project ya kujenga 'kampasi' kwa ajili ya 'kusapoti' gorillas.

Screenshot_2018-05-30-19-43-42-1.jpg
Screenshot_2018-05-30-19-45-31-1.jpg
Screenshot_2018-05-30-19-46-40-1.jpg
Screenshot_2018-05-30-16-32-54-1.jpg
Screenshot_2018-05-30-16-33-15-1.jpg

What is Rwanda's take on same sex marriages?

It would be very pretentious to be against it then the head of state appears in public with a lesbian couple.
LGBT People living in Rwanda face legal challenges not experienced by non-LGBT residents. While neither homosexuality nor homosexual acts are illegal, homosexuality is considered a taboo topic, and there is no significant public discussion of this issue in any region of the country.

Lol, About Kagame i'm sure ame stand kwenye Human Rights.

culture gal,

Lol, About Kagame i'm sure ame stand kwenye Human Rights.[/QUOTE]

So you mean to say it is neither legal nor illegal?

So you mean to say it is neither legal nor illegal?
Exactly,
Rwanda is considered a leader in the progress on human rights for LGBT people in East Africa, is a signatory of the United Nations joint statement condemning violence against LGBT people, being one of the only few countries in Africa to have sponsored the declaration.

Exactly,
Rwanda is considered a leader in the progress on human rights for LGBT people in East Africa, is a signatory of the United Nations joint statement condemning violence against LGBT people, being one of the only few countries in Africa to have sponsored the declaration.

If that is the case then he is not being a hypocrite.

It is actually a symbol that sooner rather than later LGBT will be granted legal recognition.

What does that tell you about Tanzania?

Do you think we will follow suit?

Should we expect to see lesbians and gays tying the knot?
Well, Tanzanian residents believe that homosexuality is a way of life that society should not accept, i'm pretty sure it will take a very long time to see a same sex tying a knot.

But all because there's no report of violence to LGBT people, if there's any am sure our 'bosses' would've said something.

Back
Top Bottom