East Africa's Most Iconic Buildings

NairobiWalker

JF-Expert Member
Oct 31, 2012
Hey guys, I want you to vote. No sycophancy. Here are my pics.

1. KICC
The first skyscraper in East Africa, the iconic building was designed to mimic traditional African architecture. It's the posterboy of Nairobi. It also reigned as East Africa's tallest building for the longest time from 1969 - 1998 when Times Tower was built.

2. GTC Complex
The sheer size of this complex earns it a slot on this list. It's already threatening to take face of Nairobi title from KICC. It currently has the highest floor count and the highest occupiable floor in the region.

4. CBK Pension Tower
Unlike the GTC that rides on size and KICC that rides on symbolism, this tower rides on sheer beauty for a slot on this list.

5. Prism Tower
The 34 floor tower has won several architecture awards and its modern architecture ensures it a place here.

6. TPA Tower
Designed by Kenyan architect James Kimathi of K&M Archplans. It is designed to resemble a ship with a giant figurehead.

7. I&M Tower
The former headquarters for I&M Bank in Nairobi opened doors for conventional modern towers in the region.

8. PSPF Twins
These towers were constructed during Dar's construction boom period and reigned as EA's tallest from 2014 to s015 taking over from Times Tower and being dethroned by UAP tower. Had the shortest stinct as the tallest tower in EA.

9. Britam Tower
The current tallest structure in East Africa won several architectural awards on completion.

10. Mzizima Tower
Though still under construction, this tower looks iconic and sure it shall be.

10. Times Tower
The second longest reigning tallest tower in EA surely wouldn't fail to appear on this list. It reigned from 1998 to 2014 when it was dethroned by PSPF twins.

Honourable mentions - One Africa Tower, Kampala Hillton, UAP Tower, PPF Tower, MNF Twins, Co-op Bank House, Coca Cola HQs, Nairobi.

Back
Top Bottom