Dr. Mponjoli: Police smash alleged luxury car theft ring

Mtanzania

JF-Expert Member
May 4, 2006
Hii tunaweza kuihamisha baadaye (Angalieni magari mnayotumia Dar):

Police smash alleged luxury car theft ring

Mar 17 2008

By Jeanette Oldham

POLICE have smashed a suspected £1.5 million car-ringing scam which involved the theft of luxury vehicles from leafy Midland areas.
Detectives uncovered the huge fraud, which echoes the hit Hollywood movie Gone In 60 Seconds. One suspect, Mponjoli Malakasuka, was arrested last year after traffic cops ran a routine check on his Mercedes and found it had been reported stolen. He lives in a £250,000 home, in Aster Way , Walsall, and tied the knot in an elaborate beach wedding in Florida in 2002.
After his arrest Mr Malakasuka, 35, was quizzed about being involved in the theft and exportation of dozens of stolen vehicles, including BMWs, Range Rovers and Aston Martins.

He has now been charged with conspiracy to steal and is due to appear at Wolver-hampton Crown Court on April 23.
Leading Midland business figures are believed to be among the victims of the gang, whose alleged crime spree ran from November 2005 to October 2007.

Cars were stolen from rural and wealthy Midland areas and then exported in sealed shipping containers to Tanzania and Kenya .

The gang is said to have employed the services of unsuspecting freight forwarders, who made arrangements with various shipping companies to export the cars.

A police source said: "Mr Malakasuka was arrested in an apparently stolen Mercedes after officers ran a PNC check on the car.

"His home was then raided and various items were recovered."

Mr Malakasuka, a Tanzanian national, is believed to have come to the UK via the US in 2004. Until his arrest, he worked for a Midland car parts company, earning between £17,000 and £20,000-a-year.

There was no answer at his four-bedroomed detached home on Friday, where a 'for sale' sign has been up for several weeks. There were no cars on the drive.

A neighbour shown a picture of Mr Malakasuka said he recognised him as the man who had lived nearby for about two years.

The theft of prestige cars is a lucrative international business.

A London-based gang arrested in 2006 was found to have been stealing 120 prestige cars a month, mostly Mercedes. They would strip them down to spare parts, pack them into containers and despatch them to Nigeria . One policeman compared their methods to "an industrial production line".

Repatriation agencies, who collect rewards for stolen cars, brought about 1,000 vehicles back to Britain in 2006.

They employ spotters in places such as Cyprus , Dubai and Spain , looking for suspicious UK-registered cars.

In recent years, overall car theft has declined in Britain . Of 180,000 vehicles stolen in 2006, 48 per cent were later recovered. The rest were scrapped for spare parts, given a false identity, or shipped abroad.

Source credit: Is this man behind the real Gone In 60 Seconds? EXCLUSIVE POLICE SMASH ALLEGED pounds 1.5M LUXURY CAR THEFT RING. - Free Online Library

Police recoup £1.4m from criminals in last two weeks as war on crime profits gathers pace

By Rebekah Oruye, Birmingham Mail

mponjoli-malakasuka-466495996.jpg

WEST Midlands Police is driving home the message that crime does not pay after confiscating £1.4 million from criminals in the past two weeks.

In addition, nearly £100,000 in cash was seized from a car on the M6 in Birmingham, believed to have been intended for criminal use.

Det Chief Insp Simon Wallis, head of the force’s economic crime team, said: “This money has been taken from those who think crime is an easy way to make money.

“It brings West Midlands Police to a total of £15 million seized from criminals in the last 18 months.

“On many of these occasions through financial investigation and the confiscation process we are able to trace monies and give them back to victims. In cases where money is transferred abroad, it still is able to be retrieved. Crime does not pay. We will investigate those involved in criminality to ensure that they do not enjoy their ill gotten gains.”

Among the success stories for the police is the near £900,000 seized from Walsall conman Mponjoli Malakasuka, who had been stealing and exporting high powered luxury cars.

Malakasuka, aged 36, from the Yew Tree estate, was ordered to pay back the money in one month or face an additional four years in jail. He was originally sentenced to three-and-a-half years in July 2008 for conspiracy to steal.

Malakasuka had used a variety of sophisticated methods to steal prestige vehicles which he then exported out of the UK to Tanzania and Kenya. The cars were stolen both through car key burglaries and a variety of identity fraud and fake hire purchase agreements.

The cars included Mercedes Benz S320 CDi and Porsche Cayenne cars. In all over £300,000-worth of vehicles were stolen.

At the time of his arrest police discovered Malakasuka to be living a life of luxury in his four-bed house. At his address were pictures of luxury houses in Tanzania into which officers believed he had invested his fraudulent cash.

The court accepted the houses in Tanzania were proceeds of his criminality. Financial investigators were also able to show thousands of pounds passing through in excess of 70 bank accounts in the UK and Tanzania including one account which alone had £350,000. Det Sgt Jonathan Jones, who led the investigation for the Economic Crime Team, said: “This has been a great investigation, as not only have we stopped fraud and theft, but we have now recovered the profit that this man made from his criminality.”

In a separate case a money launderer from Birmingham was ordered to pay back more than £450,000 of his criminal profit.

Barrington Fulcott, aged 48, from Kingstanding, was told to pay £450,386 at the hearing in Birmingham Crown Court.

He was given six months to return the cash, or face an extra four years in prison. Fulcott was originally sentenced to 42 months in prison in February 2008 in relation to three counts of money laundering.

He had gathered considerable wealth from his criminal activity which had allowed him to purchase five properties in the West Midlands and begin the development of a large home in St Annes, Jamaica.

These are the credible examples why the UK and other European countries and US have been tightening their immigration policies.

Dang...he was doing big account moja tuu ilikuwa na pound 350,000 hahahahaha salute Dr ponjo wow...3 and half year utatoka tuu mwanawane usikonde......

..... tuwape muda!

Si ndo tutakuta nyani wamemaliza mahindi?

Hawa wakulu wetu wanatakiwa kupigwa chini ili tutafute vichwa vya maana vifanye kazi. Kama JF imetikisika lakini ikatengamaa ndani ya masaa yasiyozidi 12 kwa nini tusitafute timu kama hii JF tukaikabidhi nchi? Naamini server zote zinazosumbua (kuanzia Richmond, EPA ....na kuchekeana chekeana) vinaweza kuisha ndani ya masaa kama 27 tu (ambayo timu ya vijana wakazi haikulala).:confused:

Huyu jamaa mjinga sana. Hivi kweli alifikiri mwishowe ata get away na wizi wake? Angefanya huo wizi Tanzania angekuwa na 98% chance ya kuwa scot-free.

Hela zilikuwa ni nyingi na transactions kama hizo zinaacha a mountain of paper trail. He really didn't think about that? Wow...he must be dumb as a rock.

Now they even went after the proceeds of his criminal profits...daayuuum....kweli akili ni nywele kila mtu na zake!!!!

Julius,

Dr Ponjo ni hatari sana , alishafanyiza sana hapo Dallas kabla ya kurudishwa nyumbani . Trust me $ 350, 000 kwa dokta ni change tuu ! Huyu jamaa atatoka jela na atarudi kwenye fani yake...

Julius,

Dr Ponjo ni hatari sana , alishafanyiza sana hapo Dallas kabla ya kurudishwa nyumbani . Trust me $ 350, 000 kwa dokta ni change tuu ! Huyu jamaa atatoka jela na atarudi kwenye fani yake...

Lakini hiyo fani yake mwisho wake ni mauti yaliyo violent. Kubaliana nami au la lakini kama akitoka na kuendelea na hiyo tabia yake...basi mwisho wake utakuwa ni mbaya sana. Ataibia au kutapeli vichaa wasio na moyo na watamwekea bounty kichwani. Mark my words and I'd hate to say I told you so. Hopefully atajijali na kujali familia yake (kama anayo) na kujirudi.

Binafsi sioni kabisa sababu ya kujihusisha na wizi wakati siku hizi kuna njia nyingi tu zilizo halali za kujipatia hela nzuri kabisa. Mbona wapo wabongo wengi tu wanaotengeza hela nzuri kwa njia halali? Yeye kinachomshinda ni nini mpaka aibe? Angekuwa yuko bongo ningeelewa kidogo lakini yuko kiwanja ambako fursa ni bwelele lakini anaamua kuiba. Why? I don't get it...

I can tell you this Rufiji...give me 5 stacks and I'll flip it to make 25 stacks in no time.....

Lakini hiyo fani yake mwisho wake ni mauti yaliyo violent. Kubaliana nami au la lakini kama akitoka na kuendelea na hiyo tabia yake...basi mwisho wake utakuwa ni mbaya sana. Ataibia au kutapeli vichaa wasio na moyo na watamwekea bounty kichwani. Mark my words and I'd hate to say I told you so. Hopefully atajijali na kujali familia yake (kama anayo) na kujirudi.

Binafsi sioni kabisa sababu ya kujihusisha na wizi wakati siku hizi kuna njia nyingi tu zilizo halali za kujipatia hela nzuri kabisa. Mbona wapo wabongo wengi tu wanaotengeza hela nzuri kwa njia halali? Yeye kinachomshinda ni nini mpaka aibe? Angekuwa yuko bongo ningeelewa kidogo lakini yuko kiwanja ambako fursa ni bwelele lakini anaamua kuiba. Why? I don't get it...

I can tell you this Rufiji...give me 5 stacks and I'll flip it to make 25 stacks in no time.....

Julius ,

Nakubaliana na wewe ni kweli inatakiwa iwe hivyo lakini nadhani Dokta amekuwa addicted na kuiba. Jamaa hela aliyoiba hapo Dallas, achilia mbali ya uingereza, ilikuwa inatosha kabisa kuanzisha biashara kubwa sana hapo Dar na hela kubaki .

Hizo nyumba na mali za Tanzania nazo zitataifishwa au zimeshataifishwa ili kufidia walioibiwa? Ila nahisi kama uchunguzi wa hii kesi bado haujaisha.

Hizo nyumba na mali za Tanzania nazo zitataifishwa au zimeshataifishwa ili kufidia walioibiwa? Ila nahisi kama uchunguzi wa hii kesi bado haujaisha.

Jibu la swali lako lio hapa...kwenye red fonts. Sio lazima alipe ili mradi ajiandae kuongezewa miaka 4 ya kukaa jela.

Not that what I think matters on this case...but I think kumtaka arudishe £900,000 ndani ya mwezi mmoja kwa wizi wa magari...it's a bit extreme...naona wameamua kumtolea mfano. Atakoma kuringa...akitoka anatakiwa arudishwe Tanzania, kule nako wamfungulie Mashitaka ya "Kuidhalilisha Jamhuri".

Police recoup £1.4m from criminals in last two weeks as war on crime profits gathers pace

By Rebekah Oruye, Birmingham Mail

mponjoli-malakasuka-466495996.jpg

Among the success stories for the police is the near £900,000 seized from Walsall conman Mponjoli Malakasuka, who had been stealing and exporting high powered luxury cars.

Malakasuka, aged 36, from the Yew Tree estate, was ordered to pay back the money in one month or face an additional four years in jail. He was originally sentenced to three-and-a-half years in July 2008 for conspiracy to steal.

Malakasuka had used a variety of sophisticated methods to steal prestige vehicles which he then exported out of the UK to Tanzania and Kenya. The cars were stolen both through car key burglaries and a variety of identity fraud and fake hire purchase agreements.

Hawa ndio waizi wasioenda shule lol.

Jamaa ni mwizi aliyeenda shule, nadhani ni PhD holder lakini sina hakika kama PHD yake ni ya wezi. Lakini ni jabau sana, may be ndivyo tulivyo, tunaonesha kumuunga mkono mwizi kwa kuwa kawaibia waingereza, lakini tunasahau kuwa mwizi ni mwizi tu, kama angekuwa hapa Tanzania labda ingekuwa manzese style justice.

Jamaa ni mwizi aliyeenda shule, nadhani ni PhD holder lakini sina hakika kama PHD yake ni ya wezi. Lakini ni jabau sana, may be ndivyo tulivyo, tunaonesha kumuunga mkono mwizi kwa kuwa kawaibia waingereza, lakini tunasahau kuwa mwizi ni mwizi tu, kama angekuwa hapa Tanzania labda ingekuwa manzese style justice.

Aliipata wapi hiyo PhD....Or you're kidding?

Aliipata wapi hiyo PhD....Or you're kidding?

Well, i see some dudes calling him Dr, i as well wonder where did he get this title. As far i can remember he left Tanzania for the US to study, it is very probable that the person of his calibre can easily steal if that is possible or buy that title.

From what he has done he looks dummy to me, he does not even deserve a title of MA if at all he has one.

Timu aliyounda JK ya Saidi Mwema, Hosea na Mwanyika watakwambia "Unajua hawa wezi wa hela kubwa wana mbinu sana, huwezi jua wanazipeleka wapi hizo hela",...wakati mali za wahalifu wote bongo zinajulikana zilipo.

Baada ya kusema hivyo wanasaini per diem zao za 250,000 kwa siku, miguu juu... Nchi inazidi kutafunwa.

Julius,

Kwanza sio $350,000 bali ni £350,000.For your information,hizo ni currencies 2 tofauti moja ikiwa na thamani zaidi ya mara moja unusu dhidi ya nyingine.

Sijui uko nchi gani lakini kwa taarifa yako pauni 350,000 ni takriban shilingi milioni 800 za Kitanzania.Na kwa vile amekombwa mali yenye thamani ya pauni laki tisa hapo tunazungumzia zaidi ya shilingi bilioni 2.

Najua kuna baadhi ya wabongo wanaoshabikia wahalifu lakini hiyo si hoja hapa.Unachopaswa kuelewa ni kwamba kwenye hizi dili za kihalifu hakuna binding contracts bali ni kuaminiana.Huyo mzembe atakapotoka jela atakuta mali alizokabidhi kwa "jamaa" zake zimeshataifishwa isivyo rasmi.Atakwenda kushtaki wapi?Labda kwa waganga ambapo sote tunajua kuwa "ufundi" umekuwa kimbilio la matapeli lukuki.

Waingereza wana msemo kwamba namna bora ya kuishi ni kuchukulia kila sekunde ya maisha yako kuwa ni muujiza usiojirudia.He had the opportunity but blew it.

ENDELEA KUAMINI KUWA AKITOKA JELA ATAKUWA THE SAME DOKTA