Donald Trump says he would ‘love to have Oprah’ Winfrey as his 2016 running mate

Ishmael

JF-Expert Member
Oct 18, 2011
donald-trump-oprah-winfrey.jpg

Donald Trump may want Oprah Winfrey as his own celebrity apprentice for his White House bid.

The billionaire real estate mogul admitted in an interview taped Tuesday that he would consider asking the former talk show host and media magnate to add her name to his campaign ticket as his vice president.

"I think Oprah would be great," Trump told ABC in an interview slated to air on "Good Morning America." "I'd love to have Oprah. I think we'd win easily, actually."

"She's great, she's talented, she's a friend of mine," Trump said, when asked about his past musings about teaming up with Winfrey for a presidential ticket. "She's a good person. I've been on her show."

"I like Oprah. I mean, is that supposed to be a bad thing? I don't think so," he added during the interview, which was apparently taped after Trump's bombastic 2016 presidential announcement speech.

Trump initially posed the idea of running for president with Winfrey on the ticket as his No. 2 in 1999, when he briefly considered launching a bid for Reform Party.

When asked by ABC's George Stephanopoulos if he was still interested in the idea, he responded, "I like Oprah, what can I tell you."

But on Wednesday, during a separate interview on Fox News Channel's "Fox and Friends," Trump rolled back his comments, saying he and Stephanopoulos were only joking.

"He said that as a joke," Trump said. "All of a sudden, they say, Donald wants Oprah. Give me a break."

On Tuesday, Trump announced his bid in a long-winded 45-minute speech that included offensive remarks about Mexican immigrants, the entire nation of China and his competitors for the GOP nomination.

Source:
nydailynews.com

Back
Top Bottom