Elections 2010 DO we really need international observers?

Bongolander

JF-Expert Member
Jul 10, 2007
International obsevers are slowly starting to iritate, and becomng and nuisance and I am having a feeling that we should not welcome them. They always play by the book of the incumbet and accept to be used as a tool to legitimize stolen elections (if at all they do not know what they are doing). There are many reasons which can justfy allegations pointed by some political parties that these observers are agents of MNCs who conive with incumbets in order to babysit their economic interests.

Just try to look at the October elections. You will see that they only managed to visit a few constituencies, and where they were able to do so they only spent a few hours. We all know that election process, from regitration of voters, civic education, casting ballots, counting of ballots and doctring results (aka uchakachuajji) take much more than the time the this people spend in the country. Does it real make sense? Are Europeans have all of sudden become lazy and do slapdash work? Hell No. Are they all of a sudden become poor that they are ill equiped, ill informed of what has been going on during elections, they can not reach all consituencies? I do not believe so!

I am sure they know what elections means, and they know pretty well the complications which may arise before, during and after elections, which in their countries would nulify election result. We look stupid if we let these guys keep on playing with us. We should tell them if they really want to take part in the process, if they really want to help they should do it wholeheartedley, sio kutudanganya na kutuletea watu waliokosa ajira ulaya kuja kutalii Tanzania.

International obsevers are slowly starting to iritate, and becomng and nuisance and I am having a feeling that we should not welcome them. They always play by the book of the incumbet and accept to be used as a tool to legitimize stolen elections (if at all they do not know what they are doing). There are many reasons which can justfy allegations pointed by some political parties that these observers are agents of MNCs who conive with incumbets in order to babysit their economic interests.

Just try to look at the October elections. You will see that they only managed to visit a few constituencies, and where they were able to do so they only spent a few hours. We all know that election process, from regitration of voters, civic education, casting ballots, counting of ballots and doctring results (aka uchakachuajji) take much more than the time the this people spend in the country. Does it real make sense? Are Europeans have all of sudden become lazy and do slapdash work? Hell No. Are they all of a sudden become poor that they are ill equiped, ill informed of what has been going on during elections, they can not reach all consituencies? I do not believe so!

I am sure they know what elections means, and they know pretty well the complications which may arise before, during and after elections, which in their countries would nulify election result. We look stupid if we let these guys keep on playing with us. We should tell them if they really want to take part in the process, if they really want to help they should do it wholeheartedley, sio kutudanganya na kutuletea watu waliokosa ajira ulaya kuja kutalii Tanzania.

I am inclined to support you Bongolander bacause these so-called International observer are really not observers at all, but may be they are observers as they are called. Just here to observe and do nothing. That being the case, because they are 'observers' they should say nothing and if anything is to be said it should be just.

the way things are at the moment these people do not have their own words. they will say whatever the incumbents say. I wonder if we should call them observers because they appear not to be observing at all, or if they do they are blind and can not see. Things are happening, even those who can not see can almost feel the tension but these people are saying the elections were free, fair and just.

I am tired of such nonsense. If they don't know what to do they can stay in their countries and enjoy their riches. We don't see the value of having them here during elections. What they do, we can over-do it ourselves!!

Sidhani kama wana haja ya kuja tena 2015 bse uchafu wote huu wanasema it was free and fair
Labda coverage yao iliishia jumapili tuu

I am inclined to support you Bongolander bacause these so-called International observer are really not observers at all, but may be they are observers as they are called. Just here to observe and do nothing. That being the case, because they are 'observers' they should say nothing and if anything is to be said it should be just.

the way things are at the moment these people do not have their own words. they will say whatever the incumbents say. I wonder if we should call them observers because they appear not to be observing at all, or if they do they are blind and can not see. Things are happening, even those who can not see can almost feel the tension but these people are saying the elections were free, fair and just.

I am tired of such nonsense. If they don't know what to do they can stay in their countries and enjoy their riches. We don't see the value of having them here during elections. What they do, we can over-do it ourselves!!

It looks like they have lost their minds, i wonder why they do not even question where they should. I wonder whether any of them have been to kilosa, bumbuli or Nyamagana. I wonder whether any of them has even thought of going to Tarime. They are so disgusting.

The way I see it the observers are here to do exactly that "observe". You can't expect them to change the way things are done or agitate for significant constitutional and structural changes. It is us Tanzanians who are supposed to really observe the short comings and agitate for changes leading to better electoral process in the future.

As you rightly pointed out they come here a few days/hours before the casting of ballots and depart a few hours/days after the cating of ballots. They can't therefore be in a position to know extactly what went on before, during and after the casting of ballots. It means therefore that they use the actual casting as a basis for making their judgments about the whole process which may be rather misleading because it gives only a small picture of what actually transpired.

Kwa ufupi "mabadiliko ya kweli ya kikatiba na kidemokrasia nchini Tanzania yataletwa na watanzania wenyewe"

Back
Top Bottom