Do our leaders have any morals?

BAK

JF-Expert Member
Feb 11, 2007
EASY FRIDAY: Do our leaders have any morals?

SIMON MKINA
THIS DAY
DAR ES SALAAM

IT is like Tanzanian leaders of today have no morals. They don’t fear people. The don�t respect them, only their posts. This is bullshit!

They’re all insensitive to our cries. They would rather worry about their tomorrow; sacrificing our today. To them, picking our pockets are not enough. They must steal the entire pockets and the trouser with it � so we can go naked.
They steal so much money that the Millennium Goals will eventually remain history. This is a shame. Last time I posted some stuff on this column accusing our leaders of preaching about water while they drink wine when sitting with their wives.

Truly, they are not in a position to implement what they tell us we should do. All are rushing to make sure they snatch our money as fast as possible while they’re still in office.

Now it’s time that every leader must not only announce any action and leave it out when they move from the platforms. They must walk it, and ensure we get tangible results.

Failure to serve us, voters should come out and throw stones to their glass houses. ’Hatutaki mchezo sasa bwana’. We are tired of the lies and sweet words we have been receiving ever since.

Leaders cannot behave themselves differently from the way they expect their followers. They cannot expect members of the public to be free of corruption while they themselves are not. This is impossible

Let them know that they cannot expect members of the public to be selfless while they themselves are selfish and greedy.

According to Mwalimu Nyerere (RIP), the trademark of leadership is that (the minority) cannot benefit more than the majority (the people), as is the case now.

We need a change now. Politicians and bureaucrats should not be the major beneficiaries of our economy and democracy. Tanzania belongs to us all; regardless of our backgrounds.

It’s a pity that most Tanzanians, especially from remote villages are not benefiting from most of the economic empowerment projects being run in their name. These projects are landing in cities in the hands of big shots, their wives, and concubines with vibrating bottoms, aunts and nephews. Shame again!

Apart from the money landing to those money hungry wives, the projects have been reverted to become get-rich-quickly schemes benefiting opportunists.

Because of that spirit of our vigogo, every individual seems to be corrupt. They are struggling to grab each cent for their own benefit. Wanasema ’’kila mtu achukue chake mapema’’. This is amazing. Where are we taking this country to? To more abject poverty? That is where we are heading! Where will Tanzania end if everyone is longing to be corrupt, ’fisadi’, thief, or a crook? Shall we make it?

My appeal is that we all should build a sense of nationalism and be pride of our Mother Tanzania. This is a must spirit if we want to rescue our nation from ending in an abyss.

Enjoy your Easy Friday.

Contact me: smkina@gmail.com

EASY FRIDAY: Do our leaders have any morals?

IT is like Tanzanian leaders of today have no morals. They don’t fear people. The don�t respect them, only their posts. This is bullshit!

They’re all insensitive to our cries. They would rather worry about their tomorrow; sacrificing our today. To them, picking our pockets are not enough. They must steal the entire pockets and the trouser with it � so we can go naked.
[/email]

...enough said.

Ukitaka kuandika article convincing kwanza andika professionally (the professional vocab does not contain the bs word) halafu proofread makosa ya lugha.

Cha muhimu zaidi fanya research uje na incidents, facts and figures ku support arguments zako.

Don't get me wrong the article's main theme is very relevant and timely for our country, I just feel that the author managed to come up with a very good subject matter but failed to deliver a convincing argument.The article is full of rhetoric, lacks supporting evidence, is littered with grammatical errors and unprofessional language which begs a lot to be questioned.

This is bullshit!
Did This Day actually print this?

To them, picking our pockets are not enough
Perhaps you meant "Picking our pockets is not enough"?

They steal so much money that the Millennium Goals will eventually remain history

What are you trying to say here, that it will forever be an unachievable illusion? By saying "The Millennium Goals will eventually remain history" you are not saying anything on whether it will be achievable or not.One can even argue that you are saying that we will surely achieve the goals and put them in the history of our accomplishments.Did you mean the goals will always remain an illusion?

All are rushing to make sure they snatch our money as fast as possible while they're still in office.

This is a gross overgeneralization.All? are you sure we dont have one honest leader? You have not even clarified which level of leadership you are talking about.

Because of that spirit of our vigogo, every individual seems to be corrupt. They are struggling to grab each cent for their own benefit. Wanasema ''kila mtu achukue chake mapema''. This is amazing. Where are we taking this country to? To more abject poverty? That is where we are heading! Where will Tanzania end if everyone is longing to be corrupt, 'fisadi', thief, or a crook? Shall we make it?

So now the overgeneralization is leaping from leaders to "every individual", surely that includes all Tanzanians, did I read right?

My appeal is that we all should build a sense of nationalism and be pride of our Mother Tanzania. This is a must spirit if we want to rescue our nation from ending in an abyss.

Nationalism begins in seeing the glass as half full, not half empty and building up from there.Recognizing that not "all our leaders" (including opposition leaders by the way) are corrupt and selfish.Recognizing that not "every individual" is eyeing opportunity for selfish reason.

If there was ever a case of squandering a subject matter, this is it.

nimeona huu mtindo wa kutumia cuss words kwenye print za Kiingireza kwa sababu fulani. Nimeona mara nyingi kwenye maandishi ya Lusekelo na ninashangazwa na Mkina pia.

Nadhani kuna matatizo na muda si mrefu wataanza kuandika "f.uk" kwenye magazeti yao..!

Tuache kusahihisha Kiingereza (Hili ni kosa la editor) na turudi ktk hoja!

Hivi je- do Tz leaders need to have any morals to stay in politics?

Manake Watz huwachagua kila siku tu wawe na morals au la- mradi tu pilau na kanga na posho wajumbe CCM! Wenye morals viongozi ndo wanasota kwa umaskini baada ya kustaafu!

Je sisi Watz tuna morals kuendelea kuchagua watu mafisadi na kuwapigia kura kila mara?

Mzalendohalisi, una maana kama wangeandika kwa kiswahili kuwa "viongozi wetu kukosa maadili ni uha.nithi" tusingejaribu kuangalia hilo na kutaka kuangalia hoja? Wakati mwingine hoja nzuri inaturn off watu kutokana na maneno yaliyotumiwa..

Manake Watz huwachagua kila siku tu wawe na morals au la- mradi tu pilau na kanga na posho wajumbe CCM! Wenye morals viongozi ndo wanasota kwa umaskini baada ya kustaafu!

Je sisi Watz tuna morals kuendelea kuchagua watu mafisadi na kuwapigia kura kila mara?

In addition to registering my agreement with Mwanakijiji above,I would also like to reiterate that excellence from our politicians will not be handed to the people on a silver platter, it must be demanded.

I commend the intent of the article in achieving this,I would be happier with a more professional piece.

We must admit that sometimes the intended message might be misunderstood kwa sababu la lugha. So, lugha is important na wanaokosoa hapa wasionwe wabaya.
Tukiamua kujadili content, nadhani lack of morals si tatizo la viongozi pekee. Hivi tumewahi kujiuliza values za watanzania ni zipi na zinazingatiwa na watu wengi (maana si rahisi kuwa wote).
I do believe that most tanzanians hawana habari na kitu kinaitwa values. In such a state we can hardly have the morality it takes to make a nation which we desire

nimeona huu mtindo wa kutumia cuss words kwenye print za Kiingireza kwa sababu fulani. Nimeona mara nyingi kwenye maandishi ya Lusekelo na ninashangazwa na Mkina pia.

Nadhani kuna matatizo na muda si mrefu wataanza kuandika "f.uk" kwenye magazeti yao..!

You mean Lusekelo uses cuss words in his articles?

Pundit: Is it possible that you could email your above comments to the editor of This Day; I think such comments will go a long way to help their writing of features in future.

PS: Hili swala la lugha katika nchi yetu is a hige problem lakini watu hatutaki kukubali. Ni kama vile tumeridhika kwamba kuwa na kiingereza kibovu ni sawa tu madamu sisi sio waingereza. Ours is the only country in Africa whose people are not proficient in any of the big two international languages: English and French. I think we need a concerted debate on this subject, in a separate thread of course.

Pundit: Is it possible that you could email your above comments to the editor of This Day; I think such comments will go a long way to help their writing of features in future.

PS: Hili swala la lugha katika nchi yetu is a hige problem lakini watu hatutaki kukubali. Ni kama vile tumeridhika kwamba kuwa na kiingereza kibovu ni sawa tu madamu sisi sio waingereza. Ours is the only country in Africa whose people are not proficient in any of the big two international languages: English and French. I think we need a concerted debate on this subject, in a separate thread of course.

Kitila, mbona hata nchi nyingine za Kiafrika kiingereza chao sio kizuri hivyo...?

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank You! You made my day!. Have a great weekend my friend.

Kitila, mbona hata nchi nyingine za Kiafrika kiingereza chao sio kizuri hivyo...?

Hapana bwana, tena usijifariji kabisa. Angalau wao wana confidence ya kukata nyanga kwa kiingereza au kifaransa, lakini sisi du. Fuatilia nyumbani kuna mashindano yanaitwa East Africa University Challenge (wameiga ile ya UK-university challenge) utaona ninachokisema hapa, Hata hivyo kuna hope watoto wanaosome kwenye hizi shule zinazojiita international schools angalau wameanza kuchangamka kidogo. Lakini hawa nao ni wachache mno. Inabidi tukazanie kiingereza tangu primary kwa mkazo ule ule unaotumika kufundisha kiswahili.

Halafu nimeona serikali ime-introduce somo la kifaransa mashuleni, sasa sijui ni la nini tena wakati kiingereza bado kimetusinda, naona tunaongeza mzigo tu bure.

Are you trying to vouch for your tag line and slogan "Waafrika Ndivyo tulivyo"? so if the Congolese are wrong then it is justified for Mdengereko to be wrong?

Are you trying to vouch for your tag line and slogan "Waafrika Ndivyo tulivyo"? so if the Congolese are wrong then it is justified for Mdengereko to be wrong?

It is justified for either one of them to be wrong because it is not their mother tongue

Pundit: PS: Hili swala la lugha katika nchi yetu is a hige problem lakini watu hatutaki kukubali. Ni kama vile tumeridhika kwamba kuwa na kiingereza kibovu ni sawa tu madamu sisi sio waingereza. Ours is the only country in Africa whose people are not proficient in any of the big two international languages: English and French. I think we need a concerted debate on this subject, in a separate thread of course.

Did you mean huge?!!

Back
Top Bottom