Did you know? Today Is International French Fries Day!

Xhadow

Apr 24, 2019
TODAY is Internationa French Fries Day and the spotlight turns on French Fries.

They’re enjoyed worldwide with fast food lovers. These days, you can enjoy them along with salt, mustard or pickle for flavoring or with your favorite meal like a burger, beef steak, fried chicken or grilled fish.

The history of the French Fries dates back to 1781. A Belgian journalist revealed that a family manuscript published that year featured a recipe for the fried potatoes.
Today Is International French Fries Day!

French Fries

Eating potatoes was made popular in France by King Louis XVI and Queen Marie-Antoinette, who apparently wore potato blossoms in their buttonholes and hair.

Potatoes aren’t native to Europe. They most likely arrived when Spanish soldiers brought them back from Peru.
One story is that the phrase “French Fried Potatoes” first appeared in English in 1856 in the cookbook, Cookery for Maids of All Work, by E Warren. Another story is that they were first called “French Fries” by American soldiers stationed in Belgium during World War I. After first tasting them, the Americans called them “French” fries as it was the official language of their fellow Belgian soldiers.
  • Other Names for French Fries French: fries from Pommes Frites, or “potato fries” but everyone called them frites or “fries”.) Belgian: “Belgian fries” although to distinguish them, they are often twice fried. The first bath is called blanching.) England: “chips”, as in “fish and chips.” Sometimes more thickly cut.) India: finger chips.
Source: Mzansi

they are actually my favorite, sometimes i eat them in the morning,afternoon and evening

Regrettably, french fries are a major culprit when it comes to infertility in young men

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom