Did Kilwa Kisiwani influence any ancient history?

keith_983

Dec 24, 2021
I have before looked into ancient history of Tanzania and Arabic history of Tanzania, but I am very curious to what I can find out from people who are more adept in the subject.

Does anyone know in what way Kilwa Kisiwani or any parts of the Ancient world in the region of Tanzania and Zanzibar that may have had a greater impact in any events in Ancient world history or was it more simply just an extension of the Arab World, if so what did it play in their history?

it was a mixing of things from arab expansion and the world during that time.remember during hassan ibn ameir a son of Shiraz sultan when they came to Kilwa they found there a good natural harbour and fresh water,they persuade the chief of there to sell the land by exchanging with a roll of fabric,
at a time kilwa used to serve voyages which came to collect raw materials from inland such as Tortoise shells,gum copal,rhino horns though through Oman dynast it went from small village to one of the highest city with even street roads and palaces which was influenced by the trade of gold ce from Sofala and Mogadishu. this made Kilwa very rich rich to the extent they even mint their own money, and by that connection of kilwa and europe came after portuguese Vasco da gama found it,

I have before looked into ancient history of Tanzania and Arabic history of Tanzania, but I am very curious to what I can find out from people who are more adept in the subject.

Does anyone know in what way Kilwa Kisiwani or any parts of the Ancient world in the region of Tanzania and Zanzibar that may have had a greater impact in any events in Ancient world history or was it more simply just an extension of the Arab World, if so what did it play in their history?

15 January 2022
Kilwa Kisiwani, Tanzania

Was This Africa Greatest Kingdom ? Kilwa Kisiwani, Tanzania TZ

On today's episode we learn about a historic africa Kingdom Kilwa Kisiwani

Kilwa Kisiwani is an island, national historic site, and hamlet community located in the township of Kilwa Masoko, the district seat of Kilwa District in the Tanzanian region of Lindi Region in southern Tanzania.

Contents Of This Video

• 00:00 - Introduction
  • 02:38 - Tour Begins At Kilwa Kisiwani
  • 22:06 - Village Walk
  • 23:49 - Kilwa Kisiwani Grand Mosque
  • 33:48 - Conclusion

Source : Inspire for travel

Back
Top Bottom