Death of actress Natasha Richardson

Ng'wanza Madaso

JF-Expert Member
Oct 21, 2008
Actress Natasha Richardson has died, her husband Liam Neeson's publicist said.

The 45-year-old star was being treated at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York after suffering a serious head injury in a fall at a Canadian ski resort.

Alan Nierob, Neeson's publicist, said: "Liam Neeson, his sons, and the entire family are shocked and devastated by the tragic death of their beloved Natasha.

"They are profoundly grateful for the support, love and prayers of everyone, and ask for privacy during this very difficult time."

Earlier there had been no comment on Richardson's condition from either the hospital or her family but several unconfirmed reports had suggested she was "brain dead".

The accident happened while the actress was taking a supervised skiing lesson on a beginners run at the luxury Mont Tremblant resort in Quebec on Monday.

She showed no visible sign of injury after the fall but was brought to the bottom of the slope by a ski patrol and told she should see a doctor. About an hour later she started feeling unwell and was taken to hospital.

Neeson flew from the set of his new film in Toronto to be with his wife as soon as he heard news of the accident.

Richardson was flown from Canada to New York for further treatment on Tuesday night.

Showbiz website TMZ.com had reported she was unconscious, had "non-reactive" pupils and was suffering from "major head trauma" as she was taken by ambulance to Lenox Hill Hospital.

Do you know her? Does anybody in your family or circle know her? How did she influence you and your life?

I had never heard of her til this accident, and now I am finding this news shoved into my throat everywhere I go.

I do not hear enough about the thirty people who died in Mbeya, yet everywhere I go I hear about this Natasha person, may her senses rest in eternal the darkness of the depest void.

Do you know her? Does anybody in your family or circle know her? How did she influence you and your life?

I had never heard of her til this accident, and now I am finding this news shoved into my throat everywhere I go.

I do not hear enough about the thirty people who died in Mbeya, yet everywhere I go I hear about this Natasha person, may her senses rest in eternal the darkness of the depest void.

Calm down Kiranga;

Not every person posted here must be related to one or so members in the forum; sometimes it depends where mchangiaji anaishi... binafsi simjui lakini nadhani the news may interest others, na hapa Dar wala hizo sio news.. labda kwenu huko

Na wewe ungepost hiyo ya Mbeya ili wengine nao walio na limited access ya habari za nyumbani wapate

BTW, how could you condemn person to the darkest void if you have nothing to do with her.. and she is s stranger to you?

You never know Postings in JF may turn into benefiting bussiness someday. However it is better to post something that will interest no one than that may touch someone

Kama uko na ubia na JF, au kwamba ni wewe tu umeambiwa upost ni sawa. Lakini vyombo vyote vya kimatafa vimetangaza habari hii na magazeti mengi yameandika habari hii. Sasa kama JF ni ya kuongelea ufisadi tu na sio mamb mengine au kama Jf ni ya kuongeea habari za bongo tu tuambizane lakini kumbuka hata Wakenya husoma JF kwa hiyo kuandika ufisadi tu bila habari zingine huo si uandishi na utafukza baadhi ya member wasiokuwa na interest na ufisadi hasa wale wanaotoka mataifa mengine. Jifunze jinsi ya kujibu sio kukurupuka tu na kuandika visivyoeleweka.Kumbuka JAMII FORUMS where we dare to talk openly. Thanx

Back
Top Bottom