#COVID19 COVID-19 is historical in Tanzania: Why don't USA, UK, EU and others copy from Tanzania how to fight against the Corona Virus?

Wadachi na Wafelmishi ni watani. Mdachi mmoja alitusimulia kuhusu Waflemishi.

Siku moja Mdachi alimkuta Mflemishi ananyunyizia majivu kwenye shamba lake huko Ubelgiji.

Mdachi akauliza, "Ni ya kazi gani hayo majivu?"

Mflemishi akajibu, "Ni ya kufukuza tembo wasije kuharibu mazao shambani."

Mdachi akasangaa, "Lakini hakuna tembo Ubelgiji!"

Mflemishi akajibu, "Bwashee, unaona kumbe majivu yanafanya kazi yake iliyokusudiwa!"

Thus endeth the today's lesson.

:D :D :D :D Thanks. But this explains what happens in Tanzania. You have health young people taking nyungu and other unproven therapies. These aren't in the risk categories. You should worry about old people and those with preexisting medical conditions.

Well the government took a bet and at some point the bet seemed to work. However, corona took a different turn and we couldn't ride our luck for a long period of time. Now we look like cave people.
I think the issue at the moment is the so called ''variant'' of Covid-19 which is giving problems. We have South African, Brazil, soon will have Chinese of Kent variant etc. We need to learn to leave with it like any other disease and learn as soon as possible how to deal with it. Sadly there are those people who want to use this disease as a tool to enrich themselves.

This guy is a typical politician. He sacrifices his professional for political gains. Good for him, but time will tell.

I agree, we are not out of the woodwork but making big progress.

Tanzania: 2020/21 Budget on Right Course - PM - allAfrica.com

I don't see anything new in that budget. Buying new planes? SGR?

I think the issue at the moment is the so called ''variant'' of Covid-19 which is giving problems. We have South African, Brazil, soon will have Chinese of Kent variant etc. We need to learn to leave with it like any other disease and learn as soon as possible how to deal with it. Sadly there are those people who want to use this disease as a tool to enrich themselves.
Si kweli! Italy wamekufa sana hadi kusaidiwa na jeshi katika mazishi. UK wamekufa sana kama ilivyo US , Brazil , India etc.

Nchi za magharibi ndizo zinaongoza kwa vaccination ya wananchi wao. Huwezi ku fool watu kuwa viongozi wa nchi hizo wanataka kuua watu wao. Hata nchi kama Korea kusini, South Africa , Indonesia, Malyasia , Israel, UAE zote zinachanja watu wake. Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda n.k. wapo katika mipango hiyo.
Nini tofauti Tanzania?

Ninyi mnaopinga vaccine ya covid hamuwezi kutueleza nyungu inatengenezwa na nini! Hakuna hata mmoja aliyejaribu kueleza kwanini nyungu ya Mwanza ni tofauti na ya Mtwara.

Unahoji vipi usalama wa vaccine wakati huwezi kutueleza usalama wa nyungu?

This fellow has made his way to this debate. Here's the thing. He isn't helping anybody and probably he makes things worse. For me people who don't have expertise in medicine should shut up. It is simple as that.
Then should we listen to this MD?

Tupate mapumziko mafupi

You set the bar too low when you say we need to learn to live with it. I say this because for many Tanzanians to learn to live with implies we can't do anything about it. So let others to do the dirty job and when they succeed we will be the first in line to ask for help. Personally, I believe we reached a point where we need to get rid of this type of mentality.

I think when we learn something, the goal of learning should be to do better than the previous generation or to achieve the best outcome possible. If other nations aim to use their knowledge and resources to eradicate the disease, why should we settle with living with the disease?

For example, malaria was rampant in the Southern part of Europe and the South part of the US due to warmer climate. However, the application of modern technology has enabled people in these parts of the world eliminate Malaria. They don't live with it.

Can we also listen to these?

I have listened the first and the last. The second I dropped it once she started promoting her book. I have my standards. Once you commercialize knowledge which is readily available, I drop you from my radar.

Now with regards to the first and the last video, partially I do I agree with their arguments, and I think we have discussed this before. Their views are rooted in epidemiology and the application of data. They have some good points as the data indicates who is vulnerable and who's isn't. And if you listen careful to them, you will find out that those who promote the use of nyungu and herbs for health young adults are worse than those have imposed lockdowns on this population.

What I don't agree with them is the disregard of preventive measures that governments have tried to implement during the short period of Covid-19 existence. There are a lot of thing we don't know about this disease and I think to treat this disease like a seasonal flu is bit irresponsible at this point in time. Certainly, there is a semblance but we don't haven't mastered the science of the disease yet. Remember, the major outbreak of respiratory disease of this proportion was more than 100 years ago when the science of modern medicine was in its infancy. So, we have to learn this new disease and build our capability faster.

Furthermore, they make their points after the facts. Remember when the disease started in China more than a year ago, we didn't know about the nature of the disease. Additionally, there were no data to point out where to start and how to deal with the disease. For example, we didn't have the idea of the second wave until the data showed the spike. Certainly, one could brag now that he predicted the second spike. But prediction don't beat empirical observations. And the reality is for any instance, there are tons of predictions and majority of them go down the drain. Take for instance Tanzania. The government believed that the disease was gone. That belief was rooted in prediction. Lo and behold. It has come back with vengeance. The truth of the matter is we build our capability and mitigate the risks as we move along as we don't know what is in store for us in the future.

Epidemiologists and other experts can describe this disease from a mortality rate point of view and they can conclude that there's no threats. However, that isn't the way governments deal with their populations. Therefore, I can understand the views of those two gentlemen who are in their retirements. It seems to them that if you are seventy or above, you have already spent the best part of your life and there's nothing to be afraid of because it is your turn to die. I get that. But, there is a moral obligation to take care of elderly and those with preexisting medical conditions.

Apart from the moral issue, there's an economic issue at play. For example, young people recovery well from the disease, but the medical costs they incur when sick and medical leaves they take to recover are prohibitive. So when you factor in economic and social issues, it is reasonable to enforce stringent measures to fight Covid-19. Besides, the older generation is the economic engine in most of the well developed countries. Their number per population is good. They are wealth and spent their money in areas that spur economic growth. Why wouldn't you want to protect this demographic?

And as African you have to take medical data with seriousness. For example, if data indicates that the disease kills a lot of people who are 70 or above in Europe, in Tanzania you have to minus that by 10 or 15 years to get the range that could be applicable to our situation.

Personally, I am not against the presentation on the first and third videos. I think their point of views should be heard. Likewise, government of Tanzania should welcome other points of views in this debate. To impose your point of views in the population is authoritarian.

You set the bar too low when you say we need to learn to live with it. I say this because for many Tanzanians to learn to live with implies we can't do anything about it. So let others to do the dirty job and when they succeed we will be the first in line to ask for help. Personally, I believe we reached a point where we need to get rid of this type of mentality.

I think when we learn something, the goal of learning should be to do better than the previous generation or to achieve the best outcome possible. If other nations aim to use their knowledge and resources to eradicate the disease, why should we settle with living with the disease?

For example, malaria was rampant in the Southern part of Europe and the South part of the US due to warmer climate. However, the application of modern technology has enabled people in these parts of the world eliminate Malaria. They don't live with it.
To live with it does not mean to succumb. There are so many diseases which have no medication anywhere in the world.

BBbbbbbut... umekuwa ukitumia kuwapo Marekani kama your go to safe harbor! So you mean you could be one of them?
Ukiona hoja na viroja kama ujue hoja zimebana. Teh teh teh maana watu wanakaba bila huruma

1. Tueleze nyungu imetengenezwa na nini na kwanini inatofautiana sehemu moja hadi nyingine!

To live with it does not mean to succumb. There are so many diseases which have no medication anywhere in the world.

Just because there many diseases which have no cure, it doesn't mean we shouldn't be active in the efforts which could help find cure or best preventive methods. You have to remember the science which revolutionize modern medicine is less than 150 years old. Therefore, there are plenty room for improvements. And as a concerned Tanzanian, I think we should play our party. If we say nyungu can cure or can be used for therapeutic purposes, we should be able demonstrate it.

Just because there many diseases which have no cure, it doesn't mean we shouldn't be active in the efforts which could help find cure or best preventive methods. You have to remember the science which revolutionize modern medicine is less than 150 years old. Therefore, there are plenty room for improvements. And as a concerned Tanzanian, I think we should play our party. If we say nyungu can cure or can be used for therapeutic purposes, we should be able demonstrate it.
We are very active to look for the cure. FYI the government is encouraging local traditional healers to team up with local doctors to come up with the solution. ''Nyungu'' has its benefits and it has helped a lot of people in many ways. Even scientific doctors appreciate what it does to the human body.

This guy is a typical politician. He sacrifices his professional for political gains. Good for him, but time will tell.

I don't see anything new in that budget. Buying new planes? SGR?
Planes and SGR will make transportation easier and fast for those who do not want to spend hours travelling. Also it will lessen the high cost of repairing our roads and high risk of accidents. The bottom line is improving the quality of life for millions of Tanzanians.

We are very active to look for the cure. FYI the government is encouraging local traditional healers to team up with local doctors to come up with the solution. ''Nyungu'' has its benefits and it has helped a lot of people in many ways. Even scientific doctors appreciate what it does to the human body.
Tuonyeshe publication moja kutoka katika ''scientific community'' yoyote duniani inayozungumzia nyungu

Unaposema 'imesaidia lot of people'' tupe takwimu wangapi wamepona, wangapi waliugua , ni watu wa umri gani na kwa kutumia nyungu ipi.

Si kweli! Italy wamekufa sana hadi kusaidiwa na jeshi katika mazishi. UK wamekufa sana kama ilivyo US , Brazil , India etc.

Nchi za magharibi ndizo zinaongoza kwa vaccination ya wananchi wao. Huwezi ku fool watu kuwa viongozi wa nchi hizo wanataka kuua watu wao. Hata nchi kama Korea kusini, South Africa , Indonesia, Malyasia , Israel, UAE zote zinachanja watu wake. Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda n.k. wapo katika mipango hiyo.
Nini tofauti Tanzania?

Ninyi mnaopinga vaccine ya covid hamuwezi kutueleza nyungu inatengenezwa na nini! Hakuna hata mmoja aliyejaribu kueleza kwanini nyungu ya Mwanza ni tofauti na ya Mtwara.

Unahoji vipi usalama wa vaccine wakati huwezi kutueleza usalama wa nyungu?
Kwa hiyo umeona mimi napinga vaccine? Wapi nimekwambia napinga chanjo? Chanjo ni hiari ya mtu.

13 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom