#COVID19 COVID-19 is historical in Tanzania: Why don't USA, UK, EU and others copy from Tanzania how to fight against the Corona Virus?

Mlenge

R I P
Oct 31, 2006
COVID-19 is historical in Tanzania: Why don't USA, UK, EU and others copy from TZ how to fight against Coronavirus?

Basically the title: Here in Tanzania, COVID-19 is spoken about by using past-tense; life in Tanzania has returned to normal. The way things in Tanzania have by and large returned to normal, COVID-19 is almost forgotten, fewer people are seen wearing masks; social distancing is almost never observed anymore.

"During the time when there was corona..." is how most people refer to the events of the few months ago; schools were opened from kindergarten to universities, a few months have passed without any reported incident; political parties are pulling crowds of people; businesses are open; we have had three days of national thanksgiving in places of worship months ago; as a conclusion after three days of national prayers at the start of the outbreak.

Tourists are welcome from all nations. No quarantine.

What is troubling is, why don't USA, EU and others copy from Tanzania on how to fight against Corona virus?

EDIT 1: Some links that show daily life in Tanzania

Edit 2 [20 Feb 2021]: Attached a viral Whatsapp Video (in Kiswahili) discussing coronavirus and COVID-19 situation in Tanzania and elsewhere.
View attachment BusaraKorona.mp4

Edit 3 [February 25 2021]: Some Covid-19 Treatment Protocols.

I-MASK+ Prophylaxis & Early Outpatient Treatment Protocol for COVID-19 [PDF]

2. MATH+ Hospital Treatment Protocol for Covid-19

3. Clinical and Scientific Rationale for the “MATH+” Hospital Treatment Protocol for COVID-19

[Edit 4: Februari 26 2021]

Baadhi ya mbinu binafsi nizitumiazo dhidi ya korona.

Hi Mlenge, I hope you are well and things are continuing to be better by the day. I haven't seen your posts for quite sometime, welcome.

USA, UK and all other countries calling themselves first world would not like to copy anything from a third world country. The whites would never ask or copy anything from African countries openly but I can assure you that they are working day and night to find out what is happening and why Tanzania is so lucky not to have this Covid-19. I call it ''lucky'' because they believe science does not support what is happening in Tanzania. Time will tell, for how long will they continue to despise us? One thing for sure, JPM has changed the mindset of so many people and the whites are worried about where will they continue to get cheap resources if the trend continues. Where will Tanzania be after JPM's tenure?

My only hope is that Tanzania and other African countries should up the ante and continue to rely on using their own experience, resources and experts to develop their countries.

Hi Mlenge, I hope you are well and things are continuing to be better by the day. I haven't seen your posts for quite sometime, welcome.

Hi Wacha1,

I am doing great, thank you for asking, and I hope things are likewise better in your journey. Our paths in the forum appear to not have crossed, but I am quite present in JF.

... I can assure you that they are working day and night to find out what is happening and why Tanzania is so lucky not to have this Covid-19. I call it ''lucky'' because they believe science does not support what is happening in Tanzania. Time will tell...

INR, M16, BND, and other agencies for foreign intelligence in those countries must have known or at least acknowledged the Tanzanian COVID-19 victory, if they are worth their mandate, which I presume they are. Perhaps COVID-19 is a domestic-politics matter in their own countries, and for some reason, the Tanzanian success story goes against some of their other motives, if any. Video linked at the bottom is the closest they have come to recognize the peculiar Tanzanian situation.

My only hope is that Tanzania and other African countries should up the ante and continue to rely on using their own experience, resources and experts to develop their countries.

It is my wish as well, that we carve out out own pathway to development, and welcome anyone who wants to join to our efforts, as long as we are pulling in the same direction.

VIDEO:
COVID-19 Diaries: Can Tanzania Really Be Coronavirus-Free?

To preciously, what the west should be copying from Tanzania? The Tanzanians have decided to stop the lockdown and continue with their businesses as usual. However, that shouldn’t imply that people aren’t dying from covid-19. The fact is people are dying there, but the number is small. Therefore, if you have to weigh the economic benefits of the lockdown vs those of opening the businesses in Tanzania, you will find that the lockdown doesn’t justify the means.

Life involves some sorts of risk taking. I think the government of Tanzania has decided to take some risks here. This is because initially nobody knew the nature and the characteristics of the disease. For instance, we didn’t know what groups of people are vulnerable, what preventive measures are effective, what kinds of treatments are effective etc etc. With this scarcity of information, it was appropriate for the Tanzanian government to deploy the lockdown and other draconian measures like the rest of the world.

However, several months down the road, the nature and the characteristics of the disease emerged. It seems the disease is virulent in some parts of the world, but mild in other parts. Data indicates that this disease acts differently in different parts of the world and also in different group of people. So, the question is: can the west copy Tanzanians? I think they can’t.

To preciously, what the west should be copying from Tanzania? The Tanzanians have decided to stop the lockdown and continue with their businesses as usual. However, that shouldn’t imply that people aren’t dying from covid-19. The fact is people are dying there, but the number is small. Therefore, if you have to weigh the economic benefits of the lockdown vs those of opening the businesses in Tanzania, you will find that the lockdown doesn’t justify the means.
Tanzania didn't just come out of the blue with that decision, the officials used all options they had on the table, including the use of the intelligence community, to figure out the cause of the rapid increase in number of covid patients. They thought to themselves, may be the spike wasn't just caused by the spread of the virus but also by the methods of testing. And that prompted them to do that ingenious goat and oil tests.
Life involves some sorts of risk taking. I think the government of Tanzania has decided to take some risks here. This is because initially nobody knew the nature and the characteristics of the disease. For instance, we didn’t know what groups of people are vulnerable, what preventive measures are effective, what kinds of treatments are effective etc etc. With this scarcity of information, it was appropriate for the Tanzanian government to deploy the lockdown and other draconian measures like the rest of the world.
It wasn't just the risk as you stated but a calculated one, the decision was based on a scientific experiment. The officials went on to check whether the equipment were calibrated correctly, they checked whether lab technicians had any control before testing samples, and questioned whether the masks had corona virus.
However, several months down the road, the nature and the characteristics of the disease emerged. It seems the disease is virulent in some parts of the world, but mild in other parts. Data indicates that this disease acts differently in different parts of the world and also in different group of people. So, the question is: can the west copy Tanzanians? I think they can’t.
The way this corona is paraded in the west, is no different to the Bush terror color alert level system. It is intended to inject fear to the public, for whatever the agenda is. And when you see celebrities openly twitting about having corona, you start to question the motive of all that.

Chamoto:

Let me give you the benefits of the doubts and agree with what you say. If we look at the table below, Tanzania has done exceptional well compared to Western countries. However, the data in that table indicates that Tanzania isn't alone. Other African countries in the table have done even batter. As a matter of fact, the number of cases and deaths in the entire African continent is smaller compared to other regions. So a couple of questions come to mind. Why do we Tanzanians think that we have done better and the West should copy from us when the spread of the disease and the number of deaths in the continent is almost the same? Why don't we say the West should copy from Eritrea, Burundi, or Botswana? Do you think Burundi has done a better job to contain the virus than Tanzania?

CountryTotal CasesTotal Deaths
Eritrea7110
Seychelles1870
Burundi7291
W. Sahara101
Comoros6287
Mauritius51510
Sao Tome and Principe100917
Tanzania50921
Botswana1250137
Reunion8431

Absolutely right, they will never do that because they associate it with inferiority complex. Even the immunisation was invented by African slaves.
Don't get carried away. This disease has its own characteristics, some are unique to particular region or demographic. Therefore, I think the best way to deal with the disease is to understand those characteristics and apply the best methods based on the information on the grounds to protect and save lives. In other words, there’s no copy and paste.

For example, if you take time to check the data, you will find out that advanced age and underlaying medical conditions increase patient’s risk of severe COVID-19 illness. And with example in mind, let me ask you a question. Do you think the west should exterminate its old generation to match that of Tanzania in order to control COVID-19? The life expectance in Tanzania is 64; whereas, the UK is 81 and the USA is 79. Furthermore, the median age in Tanzania is 18, UK is 40, and US 38.

You raised a very good point about Burundi, Eritrea and Botswana but the last two had few lockdowns. Burundi however, had a similar situation to Tanzania with no lockdown whatsoever. Sweden didn't have any lockdown either but they have over 7,000 deaths due to Covid and there are reports that the country is running low on ICU beds.

So, in this regard, someone needs to ask, why Tanzania (and Burundi), countries that didn't go with the bandwagon of locking down their people, doing good? Are people dying in big numbers, quietly? If so, why there are no reports on that?

Does this virus survive better in colder areas (just like the flu virus)? Is it the amount of UV light in the tropics, protecting Africans from Corona? Is the organic food rich in key ingredients helps to build stronger immunity? How about the younger population these countries have?

When you think about it, these are the questions that were supposed to dominate the media coverage but no one is talking about it, other than spreading fear and convincing us the need for a vaccine. We all know, it takes about 10 years to develop a vaccine but what is surprising about Covid, is that it took less than a year to develop, testing and approving a drug. What's the rush?

Yeah! Tell me about Tanzania’s success on COVID19 while this illegitimate government is hiding the truth about COVID19. Za kuambiwa changanya na zako.
Mlenge , the numbers of Covid cases are rising (all over the world), I'm still shocked that no major news network mention the success this pandemic in Tanzania, even RT.

Yeah! Tell me about Tanzania’s success on COVID19 while this illegitimate government is hiding the truth about COVID19. Za kuambiwa changanya na zako.
If there were big number of people dying from covid in Tanzania, there would have been reports all over the world by now. You really think our northern neighbor would turn a blind eye on that, "great" news?

Mkuu people are dying in Tanzania because of COVID19. Just recently CDC warned Americans to stay away from Tanzania.
If there were big number of people dying from covid in Tanzania, there would have been reports all over the world by now. You really think our northern neighbor would turn a blind eye on that "great" news?

Just to alert you that it has been observed a re- surgence of Covid -19 patients in Dar. Be alerted and aware of this development.
The surge was caused by Diwali Festival (mid November). Wahindi wengi sana kusafiri kurudi makwao. Nasikia walirudi TZ kwa wingi na baada ya festival ndio wagonjwa wengi (Wahindi) walilazwa Hindumandal; sasa kagonjwa kamekwenda kwa watu Vifo ni vingi.

Did the government of Tanzania come up with the statistics to back the claim? Do you know the reason behind why the last statistics were issued on April 29?
They stop testing because there were problems with the method of testing. When a goat and engine oil tested positive, how would one know if the kits work as intended? What's the control?

Back
Top Bottom