Cost comparison SGR Kenya vs SGR Tanzania

yani kila kitu huaga wanakopi kisha wanakuja kw mwenye amefanya wa kwanza na kuanza ku compare...

lapset corridor vs bagamoyo port
kibaka vs thika highway
sgr ke vs sgr tz
turkana wind power nao wanaenda na stiglers hewa
Atcl vs KQ

sasa katika hyo list...za kwao zote ni hewa...yani mpka nashangaa na hawa wasee...

ngoja kidogo kidogo utaskia ndugu yake dongo kundu...
Endelea kuota

Sent using Jamii Forums mobile app

Okay, from the comments i notice tanzanians have some animosity towards Kenyans, if your hard on for kenya lasts more than five minutes, you need to see a doctor.First they rely on insults instead of concrete arguments, by the way the guy i quoted is an economist and i would rather take advice from an economist than reading propaganda articles from the tanzanian government. Also the constant comparison between kenya and tanzania is nonsensical. It is akin to comparing a rolls royce to a bullock cart. No one has even tried to dispute the facts stated in the article, what they have done is to insult every person who offers a counter argument without offering any fact that counters the article. Also comparing a project that is by all intents and purpose still a hypothetical with a working project is illogical in the least.
I dont have time for this! Stop being lazy and do a little research, for starters go through this thread and be informed, this is not K talk where you will find busybodies who have ample time to gossip.

Okay i am new to this forum but i notice that there is a lot of misconception around the kenyan sgr. First in terms of cost we might say kenya got a very good deal. The kenyan sgr is class 1 chinese standard capable of a minimum axle load of 25 tonnes and able to handle double stack trains. None of our neighbours have this the TZ sgr is arema standard which can't handle double stack wagons but you can go at higher speed. A typical cargo train on the kenyan sgr will measure 880 metres long, with 54 double stack wagons this means while our neighbours can go faster by like 40 km/hr, ours will transport more cargo per trip albeit some few minutes late. Combined with the economic boost this rail has had on tourism, manufacturing, easing movement of people and goods, it caused a jump in economic output by 1.5% i.e out of the 6.1% growth in 2018 1.5% can directly be attributed to the sgr even if it is yet to make a profit.
And on Wednesday, Tanzania, through its state-run railway firm Reli Assets Holding Company (Rahco) put out a tender for the supply of electric locomotives, 14 of which will carry cargo. Tanzania has set aside funds for the purchase of the engines and carriages.

“It is intended that part of the proceeds of the funds would be used to cover eligible payment under the contract for supply, testing, commissioning and training of rolling stock for the SGR railway system to operate in the Tanzania central railway corridor,” reads part of the advertisement announcing the tender.

Dar is seeking the supply, testing and commissioning of the electric locomotives for freight trains and five electric multiple units. The railway firm is also looking for the supply of three electric locomotives for departmental trains, 15 first-class coaches and 45 economy-class coaches.

To supplement the electric locomotives, Tanzania is also looking at receiving two diesel locomotives for freight trains, 600 flat wagons, 500 box wagons, 200 oil tankers, 50 bulk wagons, 70 gondola wagons, 50 ballast hoppers and 50 double stack container wagons.

Cheki Electric Rail for the Electric Train best in Africa, Hapo haijaisha ndio kwanza below 50%
Screenshot_2019-04-12-14-14-29.jpeg
Screenshot_2019-04-12-14-16-36.jpeg
Screenshot_2019-04-12-14-16-51.jpeg
Screenshot_2019-04-12-14-08-55.jpeg
Screenshot_2019-04-12-14-11-10.jpeg
Screenshot_2019-04-12-14-15-19.jpeg
Screenshot_2019-04-12-14-10-49.jpeg
Screenshot_2019-04-12-14-08-30.jpeg
Screenshot_2019-04-12-14-22-56.jpeg

eti best in africa...wajinga sana hawa...wanatuletea maneno ya majukwani ya yule bichwa nundu wao...bwahaaaaa...BRT kule inapumulia mashine..mwendo wa hasara tu..ATCL ndio hyo,koroshow season haikuisha movie imeshindwa kujiuza,BRT nayo ni balaa...

Okay, from the comments i notice tanzanians have some animosity towards Kenyans, if your hard on for kenya lasts more than five minutes, you need to see a doctor.First they rely on insults instead of concrete arguments, by the way the guy i quoted is an economist and i would rather take advice from an economist than reading propaganda articles from the tanzanian government. Also the constant comparison between kenya and tanzania is nonsensical. It is akin to comparing a rolls royce to a bullock cart. No one has even tried to dispute the facts stated in the article, what they have done is to insult every person who offers a counter argument without offering any fact that counters the article. Also comparing a project that is by all intents and purpose still a hypothetical with a working project is illogical in the least.

You my friend have just discovered the reason for these sections of Kenyan threads, Tz inferiority complex playing itself out, there is little logic, brain use, just hating on Kenya to hide what they already know. Kenya is better and they know it very well.
The reasons they know better, sijui ni wivu au denial that its not even a competition. Kenyans are looking ahead but they want our attention. SGR in Kenya is better in structure and economic potential. Mwishowe they will build an inferior SGR for almost the same cost as us to serve tiny economies equivalent to a county in Kenya. Kama SGR is making losses at 12 cargo trains a day(its making good profit currently) sasa ya TZ na treni 2 tuu at peak to Rwanda for almost $10b in loans italipa hizo deni aje? Profit itatoka wapi?

You my friend have just discovered the reason for these sections of Kenyan threads, Tz inferiority complex playing itself out, there is little logic, brain use, just hating on Kenya to hide what they already know. Kenya is better and they know it very well.
The reasons they know better, sijui ni wivu au denial that its not even a competition. Kenyans are looking ahead but they want our attention. SGR in Kenya is better in structure and economic potential. Mwishowe they will build an inferior SGR for almost the same cost as us to serve tiny economies equivalent to a county in Kenya. Kama SGR is making losses at 12 cargo trains a day(its making good profit currently) sasa ya TZ na treni 2 tuu at peak to Rwanda for almost $10b in loans italipa hizo deni aje? Profit itatoka wapi?
Tena usisahau the biggest commercial city in Tz is Dar ambayo ndo inachukua karibu 40% ya imports kutoka nje kwahivyo reli haihitajiki kufikisha mizigo ya watu kutoka bandarini....
The only business ambayo watatengeneza ni ku export raw minerals in bulk.. na biashara ya Dodoma

Back
Top Bottom