Mar 14, 2011
State has removed my security detail, says ex-Chief Justice Send to a friend
Tuesday, 23 August 2011 22:02
digg
jaji%20augistino%20r.jpg
Former Chief Justice, Mr Augustino Ramadhani,​
By Sylivester Ernest
The Citizen Reporter
Dodoma. In a revelation which left many people surprised the immediate former Chief Justice, Mr Augustino Ramadhani, said yesterday that the government withdrew security details for his home only two days after he left office last year.Speaking in Dar es Salaam yesterday, Mr Justice (rtd) Ramadhani said that was contrary to regulations regarding benefits that go with the post he held since his appointment in 2007.

Speaking before the minister for Home Affairs, Mr Shamsi Vuai Nahodha, and the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Mr Said Mwema, the retired CJ sorrowfully revealed that the security personnel taking charge at his home were removed barely a day after his official retirement on December 28 last year.

Mr Justice Ramadhani said he was surprised a day after his retirement when he came home with a friend to find there was no security guard as usual. “By then I was not informed of any changes and I was not expecting any,” he said.“When I sought to know what had happened, one of the police officers told me that they had been ordered to stop guarding my home a day before,” he said sadly, leaving his audience in dismay.

The retired Judge was presenting a paper at the launch of celebrations to mark the 50th independence anniversary of the Kurasini Police College which go hand in hand with the 50th anniversary of Tanzania Mainland’s independence.

However, Mr Justice Ramadhani said he did not tell anyone as “no one among the concerned officials does not know the entitlements of a retired Chief Justice”. Turning to the IGP, he told him: “I want you to forgive me, first for breaking this information to you under such circumstances, if you did not know, but also for not letting you know. This is the first time I am saying this.”

He went on to say: “Being also a retired army officer together with my wife, we decided that we will take care of the security ourselves… thereafter we hired some Maasai men to be in charge of the security of our house.
“I’m not saying this so that you take anybody to task, but I want people to know what happened to a retired Chief Justice, what about the common mwananchi?” he queried.

Records show that the former CJ retired from the army with the rank of Lieutenant Colonel while this paper could not immediately identify the rank which his wife was having at the time of her retirement.

Mr Justice Ramadhani, also a former Attorney General of Zanzibar, said he later decided to hire a private company to take charge of security at his home. “I have contracted KK Security for the security of my house and I pay the company Sh400,000 a month from my own pocket,” he said.

The retired CJ was presenting a paper on the importance of abiding by the law without being forced to do so. He said he wondered what had gone wrong with the police force and the government in general since the issue of benefits was clearly stipulated in the retirement regulations.

In his presentation, he said it was important that everyone, especially the law-enforcers, to work in accordance with stipulated laws without fear or favour.“You should not be cowed because the law is not selective…you need also to be honest,” he stressed.

When The Citizen later sought to know whether he knew the reasons for the security withdrawal, he said in a phone interview that he had no idea and that he hoped the decision had no malice. “You were there and you heard what I said…

the regulations are clear, you can make an analysis whether what has been done is according to the law or not…but that is the situation,” he said curtly. Mr Nahodha could not be reached later to comment on the issue as his phone was switched off while that of his deputy, Mr Hamis Kagasheki, was not picked.

When this paper called IGP Mwema, he also switched off his phone immediately after this reporter introduced himself.

Dah imenisikitisha sana hii, Visa vya yule mpangaji wa pale magogoni! nadhani walitofautiana

Dah imenisikitisha sana hii, Visa vya yule mpangaji wa pale magogoni! nadhani walitofautiana
Hata mimi sikuamini niliposoma hii habari, ila nasikia ni mtu wa visasi sana. Sio ajabu hata mafao yake wakawa wanamsumbua, Sijui huyu jamaa atakimbilia wapi 2015.

Mambo yanakwenda kiswahili swahili. Mzee Augustino pale kuna somo kafundisha: Kama CJ mstaafu anaminywa / ananyang'anywa haki yake mtu hoe hae itakuwaje? Hakuripoti kokote wala hana nia ila katoa paper inayowaasa polisi kufanya kazi zao kwa kufuata sheria, bila woga wala upendeleo.
HAYA YANA MWISHO LAKINI.

Too sad. Kama vile sinema eh? Huwezi amini kama inaweza tokea. Tanzania eee..............nchi yangu eh..........

Amini nawaambia CCM haitakubali kufa peke yake, msijestaajabu hata kusikia watu wameuawa katika mazingira ya ajabu na kutatanisha, kuachia madaraka si kazi rahisi kabisa hasa kama wewe ni fisadi!

Bac na Mahita asipewe ulinzi. Analindwa Dsm na Morogoro. Kote huko police wanalinda.

Mmmh, nimeumia sana japo mimi ni mwananchi wa kawaida, naanza kuziamini hisia zangu kuwa hata kuondoka kwake jamaa kulikuwa ka namna fulani hivi, Thank CJ kwakkuwa mkweli na muwazi kweli imekuweka huru.

kwenye Bible kuna mstari uanelezea hivi; kama walinitenda mema mimi haya, nanyi si zaidi....si ukumbuki vizuri lakini ni kwamba hali ni mbaya sana sana kwetu wa chini..............mmh haya naiona Libya ileeee

Inasikitisha, inahuzunisha na inastaajabisha sana.
Hatutakuwa na neither good governance nor good leadership hapa nchini kwa mtindo huu. CJ kweli anafanyiwa haya, too sad indeed.

State has removed my security detail, says ex-Chief Justice
Send to a friend

Tuesday, 23 August 2011 22:02

digg

jaji%20augistino%20r.jpg
Former Chief Justice, Mr Augustino Ramadhani,​
By Sylivester Ernest
The Citizen Reporter
Dodoma. In a revelation which left many people surprised the immediate former Chief Justice, Mr Augustino Ramadhani, said yesterday that the government withdrew security details for his home only two days after he left office last year.Speaking in Dar es Salaam yesterday, Mr Justice (rtd) Ramadhani said that was contrary to regulations regarding benefits that go with the post he held since his appointment in 2007.

Speaking before the minister for Home Affairs, Mr Shamsi Vuai Nahodha, and the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Mr Said Mwema, the retired CJ sorrowfully revealed that the security personnel taking charge at his home were removed barely a day after his official retirement on December 28 last year.

Mr Justice Ramadhani said he was surprised a day after his retirement when he came home with a friend to find there was no security guard as usual. "By then I was not informed of any changes and I was not expecting any," he said."When I sought to know what had happened, one of the police officers told me that they had been ordered to stop guarding my home a day before," he said sadly, leaving his audience in dismay.

The retired Judge was presenting a paper at the launch of celebrations to mark the 50th independence anniversary of the Kurasini Police College which go hand in hand with the 50th anniversary of Tanzania Mainland's independence.

However, Mr Justice Ramadhani said he did not tell anyone as "no one among the concerned officials does not know the entitlements of a retired Chief Justice". Turning to the IGP, he told him: "I want you to forgive me, first for breaking this information to you under such circumstances, if you did not know, but also for not letting you know. This is the first time I am saying this."

He went on to say: "Being also a retired army officer together with my wife, we decided that we will take care of the security ourselves… thereafter we hired some Maasai men to be in charge of the security of our house.
"I'm not saying this so that you take anybody to task, but I want people to know what happened to a retired Chief Justice, what about the common mwananchi?" he queried.

Records show that the former CJ retired from the army with the rank of Lieutenant Colonel while this paper could not immediately identify the rank which his wife was having at the time of her retirement.

Mr Justice Ramadhani, also a former Attorney General of Zanzibar, said he later decided to hire a private company to take charge of security at his home. "I have contracted KK Security for the security of my house and I pay the company Sh400,000 a month from my own pocket," he said.

The retired CJ was presenting a paper on the importance of abiding by the law without being forced to do so. He said he wondered what had gone wrong with the police force and the government in general since the issue of benefits was clearly stipulated in the retirement regulations.

In his presentation, he said it was important that everyone, especially the law-enforcers, to work in accordance with stipulated laws without fear or favour."You should not be cowed because the law is not selective…you need also to be honest," he stressed.

When The Citizen later sought to know whether he knew the reasons for the security withdrawal, he said in a phone interview that he had no idea and that he hoped the decision had no malice. "You were there and you heard what I said…

the regulations are clear, you can make an analysis whether what has been done is according to the law or not…but that is the situation," he said curtly. Mr Nahodha could not be reached later to comment on the issue as his phone was switched off while that of his deputy, Mr Hamis Kagasheki, was not picked.

When this paper called IGP Mwema, he also switched off his phone immediately after this reporter introduced himself.

Sasa analalamika nini wakati anatunyima haki watanzania wote ya mgombea binafsi/ huru (independent candidacy) kwenye hukumu ya ajabu kabisa alikuwa anategemea nini? Mkuki kwa nguruwe kwa binadamu mchungu!

Na kwa post aliyokuwa nayo bila ulinzi kifo kiko mgongoni kwake!!!

Hivi huyu jamaa anataka alindwe mpaka lini wakati keshastaafu? Kumpa ulinzi wakati keshastaafu ni utumiaji mbaya wa rasilimali chache za wananchi walipa kodi. Mimi naunga mkono uamuzi wa serikali kwenye hilo.

ukitaka kujua ni nani alikuwa behind this move na ni kwa nini ilitokea unapaswa ku-dig history, huyu mzee alikuwa Jaji kule zanzibar, nini na ni nani alisababisha akahamishiwa bara? siri iko hapo!

Ally wa Kitaa Today 02:04 PM #12 Senior Member
Posts : 106Rep Power : 21 Re: Chief Justice: State has removed my security detail:
Hivi huyu jamaa anataka alindwe mpaka lini wakati keshastaafu? Kumpa ulinzi wakati keshastaafu ni utumiaji mbaya wa rasilimali chache za wananchi walipa kodi. Mimi naunga mkono uamuzi wa serikali kwenye hilo.

Bwana Ally hapa sio kulindwa au la bali ni kwa serikali kutii mkataba wa ajira ya Jaji mkuu mstaafu.....kwani kunakipengele kinasema atapatiwa ulinzi mpaka Mungu atakapo mchukuwa. je ameshachukuliwa????? Kama serikali ( mwajiri) hafuati mikataba anayo ingia na wafanyakazi wengine je wangine je???
Mahita, Mahundi wanalindwa na polisi masaa yote ni ni wastaafu wa taasisi ya serikali What about Chief Justice???? ambaye kikatiba anaweza kushikilia kwa muda uraisi???? Hapa ni visasi vya mzee wa kaya tu. Alifanya hivyo hivyo kwa waitara sasa kaenda na huko....subiri 2015 atatujuwa sisi ni nani

Ally wa Kitaa Today 02:04 PM #12 Senior Member
Posts : 106Rep Power : 21 Re: Chief Justice: State has removed my security detail:

Bwana Ally hapa sio kulindwa au la bali ni kwa serikali kutii mkataba wa ajira ya Jaji mkuu mstaafu.....kwani kunakipengele kinasema atapatiwa ulinzi mpaka Mungu atakapo mchukuwa. je ameshachukuliwa????? Kama serikali ( mwajiri) hafuati mikataba anayo ingia na wafanyakazi wengine je wangine je???
Mahita, Mahundi wanalindwa na polisi masaa yote ni ni wastaafu wa taasisi ya serikali What about Chief Justice???? ambaye kikatiba anaweza kushikilia kwa muda uraisi???? Hapa ni visasi vya mzee wa kaya tu. Alifanya hivyo hivyo kwa waitara sasa kaenda na huko....subiri 2015 atatujuwa sisi ni nani

Hebu niwekee hapa hicho kipengele nikisome

Hebu niwekee hapa hicho kipengele nikisome

Soma Sheria inayoitwa "The Judges (Remuneration and Terminal Benefits) Acts, 2007. Nimekuwekea ili usome mwenyewe

SCHEDULE

PART 1

"...
6. Security

(a) For a Justice of Appeal, a Principal Judge and a Judge, provision of police guard at the residence and when traveling by surface or water,

(b) For the Chief Justice, provision of police guard when holding office and after retirement.

..."

Malipo huwa ni hapa hapa duniani Jaji. Umelipwa stahili yako kutokana na matendo yako and that is CCM.

Do you remember a case regarding private candidates?? That is what you get when you (judicial) sleep with the cabinet!

Nafikiri mzee Ramadhani hakuwa na nia ya kulalama kuhusu kuondolewa ulinzi aliostahili kadiri ya mkataba wake kazi kama baadhi ya wachangiaji hapo juu wanavyotaka tuamini! Swala ni kwamba-kama serikali inatumia pesa za walipa kodi kuendesha semina kuelimisha jamii juu ya kutii sheria bila shuruti,wakati huo huo serikali yenyewe haitekelezi kwa uaminifu bila shuruti mikataba inayoingia na waajiriwa wake sasa watatarajiaje wananchi wafuate wao sheria bila shuruti? Na ili kutoa somo/kukaza maarifa akajitolea mfano yeye mwenyewe jinsi ambavyo serikali haikuheshimu mkataba alioingia nayo kwa kazi aliyoifanya! Na akauliza tena kwa sauti kubwa: kama serikali hii yaweza kumfanyie hivi yeye ambaye swala lake liko wazi kabisa,je hali ikoje kwa wananchi wa kawaida? Hapa ndo jukwaa la jamii linapaswa kuchokonoa vichwa vya watu wafungue macho kuona aina ya serikali tuliyo nayo na juu ya uhalali wake wa kuendelea kutumia kodi zetu kuendesha semina ambazo hazina dhamira ya dhati ya uwajibikaji!!! Kama kweli mambo yamekuwa hivyo kwa huo mti mbichi sembuse kwetu sie miti mikavu????

Back
Top Bottom