Mourinho talks about a motivated Falcao, Captain Ivanovic, the Campaign, trolling Pellegrini, squad rotation, and much more

Here are those and a few other choice quotes.

MOTIVATED STRIKE FORCE

"Remy wants to go back to the national team and has a Euro to play in a year in his own country. Diego is very frustrated because the last three months of the season were full of frustration and injuries for him. Falcao had a very bad season and is frustrated because people in England don't know the real Falcao.

[...]

I don't have a secret [to rebuild Falcao's confidence]. I just feel it's a new opportunity for him. He comes after a bad season, but it's not up to me to speak about it or find the answers for it. I can just say that the analysis we did, and we did a lot of it, showed he is in good condition. We believe he can be very useful for us. He's the kind of player who's proved people wrong all of his career [...] he's a very good professional. Even two weeks ago Mr Van Gaal said he he has nothing negative to say about him as a person or a professional. He's a guy who always tries to be ready for the team and ready to work. We believe he can be very important for us."

For what it's worth, Falcao made a decent show of things in his first 20 minutes in a Chelsea shirt. If nothing else, like Mourinho says and as we saw against PSG, we can add different dimensions to our attack with the various options we'll have on the bench.

LEADERSHIP

"In this moment the two captains [...] I would say this year we have John [Terry] and Ivanovic. Ivanovic is more than ready to be a big captain too. More than ready: lots of experience, lots of years at Chelsea, his personality, his character, the respect that he has from the other guys. In John and Ivanovic we have two fantastic captains.

And after that we have people that come behind. Cahill, lots of years at Chelsea, also vice-captain in the England national team. Good personality, good example. Mikel is, after John, the guy with most years of Chelsea. I think Fabregas has personality for a captain too. Eden is coming with big status now [...] but let's say John and Branislav are our captains and the others are ready to come."

So the pecking order, now that Cech and Drogba have left is: Terry, Ivanovic (which we already saw in the friendly against Red Bulls), Cahill, Mikel, Fabregas, Hazard.

SQUAD ROTATION

"I go match after match. I don't go into the first match of the season thinking about the fourth or fifth. In August I am not thinking about December or thinking about having a player in a great condition for a certain time of the season. Day by day, week after week, match after match.

That is why last season, we were playing so well, so consistent and winning match after match, for so many months without the suspension and important injuries we always had the same team and I am not going to change that philosophy."

Jose's also not concerned at all by the perceived drop in Fabregas's performance in the second half of last season.

PELLEGRINO

"When a manager is on holidays and even in holidays and still thinks about me and speaks about me, I have nothing to say. [...] Yes [my mind is still on football on holiday]. But I don't do any interviews, at least in that time. You are free of everything, questions, answers, controversy, mis-interpretation, overreaction. You are free of everything. My holiday time - zero. If other guys use holiday time also for interviews, it's their problem."

We should note, once again, that Manual Pellegrini once proudly proclaimed that he never talks about other managers, especially not Jose Mourinho.

"[I referred to him as Pellegrino] because I had a player called Pellegrino and because there were two in football at the same time, one was Mauricio Pellegrino and Mr Manuel Pellegrini. I always made a mistake by calling one the other. But the last thing would be a lack of respect."

LOL. Such a troll, that José.

TITLE RACE

"We have five teams who will play for the title, only one will win and one of us will be playing Europa League in two years. That is the reality: five teams for one title and five teams for four Champions League positions. Only one will be champion and one in Europa league."

Mourinho also "cannot promise" a Champions League title, but he's guaranteeing that "we are going to be contenders" as long as he's here or as long as his successors build upon his work.

THE CAMPAIGN

"...when there is an accumulation of mistakes like we had last season I'm sorry, it's difficult to accept. [...] If there are too many mistakes I put players on the bench and I'm sacked! And with the refs, I complain."

"I don't think there is a campaign. I said after that those words were I would clean. It was just an accumulation of mistakes. You go to Southampton, penalty; they give a yellow card to Fabregas. You go Tottenham, penalty; he doesn't give it; the aggression on Matic. We had lots of things in the same period and it was too much. But no campaign."

"I would like [Diego Costa] to be punished if he deserves to be punished. I would like him to be judged in a negative way if he deserves to be criticised by negative behaviour on the pitch. But if he behaves well I think people have to give him credit for that."

Yeah, good luck with that.

Mourinho talks about a motivated Falcao, Captain Ivanovic, the Campaign, trolling Pellegrini, squad rotation, and much more - We Ain't Got No History

Barcelona vs. Chelsea, Preseason fakery: Preview; How to watch

If this seems like a tremendously short and tremendously busy and tremendously challenging preseason to you, you're not alone.

"It's the best training session we could have. The game against Paris was a very good one; against Barcelona it can be an even better one."

"I'm not worried with tactical aspects, and I'm not worried with the result. I'm just worried about the possibility to play at a higher intensity and prepare ourselves for the Premier League. I need to give players minutes. I need to give players different experiences, playing with each other and also playing in different positions. It's just about preparation. Obviously nobody likes to lose even in training but if we wanted to win we would choose opponents where we could win easily."

"This time, because we have a short pre-season and not a long time to be ready for the Premier League, we decided to play proper opponents and have proper training matches to raise the level."

-Jose Mourinho; source: Chelsea FC

It may be a fake preseason, but in many ways, it's quite real. And it's getting ever real-er as it approaches its sharp end, with a match against the European Champions tonight, followed by the Community Shield on the weekend, followed by the awkward friendly against Fiorentina next week at the Bridge and then the season will be here. Not sure when we're supposed to take a breath. The season itself might seem quite boring at this rate.

Date / Time: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 8pm EDT; 1am BST (next day); 5:30am IST (next day)

Venue: FedEx Field, Washington DC, USA

Forecast: Sunny, hot, humid. DC in the summer is a terrible place to be.

On TV: Sky Sports 1 (UK); Fox Sports 2, ESPN Deportes (USA); Star Sports 4 / HD 4 (India); elsewhere

Online: Sky Go, Chelsea TV (UK); Fox Sports 2Go, Watch ESPN (USA)

Barcelona Team News: Barca have not had anywhere near a full-strength side to call upon in their first two preseason matches, and they will remain without major stars Neymar, Messi, Mascherano, Dani Alves, as well as backup goalkeeper Claudio Bravo. They've also had some injury concerns, with the likes of Pedro, Douglas, and Rafinha having to take it easy.

Chelsea Team News: Chances are, we'll see more minutes for our Copa America trio tonight, including perhaps a start for Falcao. There are also several members of the travelling squad who have yet to see too much meaningful action, including Nathaniel Chalobah, Jake Clarke-Salter, Dom Solanke, and Kenedy, whose status is a complete mystery. Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Bertrand Traoré, and Ola Aina did not feature either against Paris Saint-Germain after getting 45 minutes each against NY Red Bulls.

View From The Enemy: Barca Blaugranes

Previously: As we saw against PSG, all the talk about friendlies and training exercises can get thrown out the window once the referee blows the whistle and the clock starts running. The two teams have not met since Fernando Torres's goalgasm.

Barcelona vs. Chelsea, Preseason fakery: Preview; How to watch - We Ain't Got No History

Eden the king, Terry the Captain, Cesc the strategist, Matic the general, Costa the warrior, Willian the knight, Mourinho the commander.
March on oh blue army

mmnazi mmoja kairusha hiyo comment!!! nimeipenda!

Lile goli la Torres dkk za mwisho mwisho that night dhidi ya Barcelona was fantastic. nimelitazama tena kwenye video clip, wow haliishi utamu!

filipe-luis-returns-to-atletico.img.png

Chelsea Football Club has today agreed terms with Atletico Madrid for the permanent transfer of Filipe Luis.
The Brazilian returns to the Spanish club after a year with the Blues in which he helped us to both Barclays Premier League and Capital One Cup successes.
Filipe Luis arrived in London as a Spanish league champion alongside fellow former Atletico man Diego Costa and made his debut as a substitute in our 6-3 win against Everton at the end of August.
The 29-year-old's first start came against Schalke in the Champions League, and he netted his one Chelsea goal from a free-kick in our Capital One Cup win at Derby.
In total Filipe Luis played 26 times for Chelsea. We wish him all the best for the future.

Jamaa amekaa ki native American!!

filipe-luis-returns-to-atletico.img.png

Chelsea Football Club has today agreed terms with Atletico Madrid for the permanent transfer of Filipe Luis.
The Brazilian returns to the Spanish club after a year with the Blues in which he helped us to both Barclays Premier League and Capital One Cup successes.
Filipe Luis arrived in London as a Spanish league champion alongside fellow former Atletico man Diego Costa and made his debut as a substitute in our 6-3 win against Everton at the end of August.
The 29-year-old's first start came against Schalke in the Champions League, and he netted his one Chelsea goal from a free-kick in our Capital One Cup win at Derby.
In total Filipe Luis played 26 times for Chelsea. We wish him all the best for the future.

Ooh!! Nitakucheki kwa rada yangu kama hauangalii.......kumbe bado upo? Ndo nini kunitenga hivyo? Talaka itakuhusu........

Ahaha tatizo nilinogewa juzi nilivyofanikiwa kuangalia via youtube live streaming.

Siri yako: Nimewahi kurudi nyumbani leo ili nilale mapema nione kama nitaweza kuangalia mechi hiyo mida...ILA sio priority!

Sijakutenga...tusingizie majukumu tu mama angu!

Halafu everlenk kuna jamaa kule kwenu amechafua bana anatukana...sijawahi ona tukitukanana huku!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahaha tatizo nilinogewa juzi nilivyofanikiwa kuangalia via youtube live streaming.

Siri yako: Nimewahi kurudi nyumbani leo ili nilale mapema nione kama nitaweza kuangalia mechi hiyo mida...ILA sio priority!

Sijakutenga...tusingizie majukumu tu mama angu!

Halafu everlenk kuna jamaa kule kwenu amechafua bana anatukana...sijawahi ona tukitukanana huku!!!

Mhhh!! Haya Mcharo sikuwezi kwa visingizio.....

Duh!! Yule jamaa msamehe bure tu hajazoea akizoea mambo ya humu atakuwa mpole tu,kwa leo tumuhifadhi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sasa mwanakwetu hutaki niangalie game wakati ntakuwa macho unataka nifanye nini? nipe ushauri wako based on your experience

Umuhudumie mwenzangu.......humu ndani juzi tulikuwa na malumbano mlipofungwa wakasema its just a preseason....sasa ndo maana nawambia msipoteze muda kucheki preseason.....

2AEB746400000578-3177696-image-m-96_1438137709039.jpg

Chelsea's Eden Hazard pictured finishing his excellent run with a low shot to put his team ahead against Barcelona

2AEB532900000578-3177696-image-a-18_1438132224131.jpg

Hazard produced a magical run and cut open Barcelona's defence to open the scoring for Chelsea in the pre-season tie

2AEB535500000578-3177696-Chelsea_maestro_Hazard_celebrates_with_Brazilian_wonderkid_Kened-m-48_1438136015477.jpg

2AEB76F600000578-3177696-image-m-50_1438136028395.jpg

Chelsea maestro Hazard celebrates with Brazilian youngster Kenedy, who was granted permission to play by his current club Fluminese

Back
Top Bottom