CHADEMA donates TV set, pads for Kisongo prison

Mr.Toyo

JF-Expert Member
Feb 9, 2007
CHADEMA donates TV set, pads for Kisongo prison
Chama Cha Demokrasia na Maendeleo (CHADEMA) in Arusha has donated 15 television sets to the local Prison (Magereza) in Kisongo area.
Mr Godbless Lema the Arusha-Urban Member of Parliament said the consignment of the sets is meant to help prisoners keep up-to-date with current affairs; “I had promised during my recent visit there to equip each of the 15 prison cells with a TV set,” said Mr Lema.

Mr Lema has also included in the donation a full set of computer which includes a printer, scanner and photocopier machines to help digitalize the prison’s secretarial department.

Without stating the number, the Arusha-Urban MP is also taking consignments of ladies pad to the female inmates at the Arusha penitentiary citing his recent tour of the jail when the women in custody complained of the lack of such important toiletry artifacts.

In another development, the party’s Secretary General Dr Wilbroad Slaa has headed to Monduli District where to address a public rally. Monduli is a constituency under the former Prime Minister Hon. Edward Ngoyai Lowassa.
Meanwhile, Arusha-Urban MP Hon. Godbless Lema together with other local party officials from the region left for Igunga (Tabora) on Wednesday to assist their fellow politicians in the ongoing parliamentary campaigns there.

CHANZO: Untitled Document

He is keeping his promise! Safi sana, what an examplary model to be immitated by other MPs

Tatizo hapa ni je vitatumika kwa walengwa? Na hzo pad watapewa hao wamama au ndo zitatumiwa na hao maofisa na family zao?

He is keeping his promise! Safi sana, what an examplary model to be immitated by other MPs

We have a lot of priorities yet to be met, so it's beyond me how in an impecuous country like Tanzania one donates TV sets to inmates! Besides, incarceration is intended to shape and mould the so misconducting characters so that they come out completely different. Jail is not the place where people are sent to watch televisions, consequently, I do not support this largesse unless someone proves me otherwise.

We have a lot of priorities yet to be met, so it's beyond me how in an impecuous country like Tanzania one donates TV sets to inmates! Besides, incarceration is intended to shape and mould the so misconducting characters so that they come out completely different. Jail is not the place where people are sent to watch televisions, consequently, I do not support this largesse unless someone proves me otherwise.
Mwita25 brother, you are wrong on this one, inmates too have right to information, right to live a decent life, and right to be cared. Yes we have priorities yet such a marginalized population also need some love. Hongera kwa yeyote anyewajali wafungwa..its these small things that we do makes a difference in our society.

Kichwa ako haiko sawa kwa kweli.

Mwita25 brother, you are wrong on this one, inmates too have right to information, right to live a decent life, and right to be cared. Yes we have priorities yet such a marginalized population also need some love. Hongera kwa yeyote anyewajali wafungwa..its these small things that we do makes a difference in our society.

Nahisi hujazaliwa ila umeota ka mmea en ur not belonging to any family or clan. What a stupid post

The dead mind, so you mean the tv has nothing to teach the prisoners, what a s-t-upid mind is this! shame

KATIBA.
Sheria ya
1984 Na.15 ib.6 18-(2) Kila raia anayo haki ya kupewa taarifa wakati wote kuhusu
matukio mbalimbali nchini na duniani kote ambayo ni muhimu
kwa maisha na shughuli za wananchi, na pia juu ya masuala
muhimu kwa jamii.

LEMA YUKO SAWA KABISA.

......., nalikuwa kifungoni hamkuja kuniona, maneno ya yeshua, umetenda jambo jema mh. Lema, kwani hata wakiwa gerezani bado ni ndugu zetu, utu wao haupunguzwi na gereza, kama umeweza kuwakumbuka na kuwajali wenye uhitaji kwa mazingira ya kifungoni, basi hakika una chembe chembe za kuwathamini watanzania. nasi tutakukumbuka kwenye ufalme wetu.

inmates are potential voters when they come out of their prisons...happy? with that since you don't know a universal right of information that every human being needs

2 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom