Carol Ndosi: Dear International Community, Don’t come to us later and say “Had we known, we would have done more”

Mambo au matukio yanayotokea Tanzania ni ya kawaida sana hutokea kwenye nchi nyingi tu dunia wala usitarajie Jumuiya ya kimataifa kuhangaika nayo....sahau kabisa

Dear International Community,

Greetings from Tanzania, I am certain Many of you know about/of us considering the headlines we have had for the past 2 years..some may say 2 and 1/2..But we are not counting the first 6..in our defense, We could not have seen this coming. Hashtag What Would Magufuli Do.

For those who know of us..The Soul Of Africa, we are a very calm, complacent nation. And I say this in the nicest possible way. I refuse to use peaceful because as a professional in conflict resolution and peace building, peace is relative and the absence of war does not mean peace.

Our headlines have been quite shocking, sensational, nerve wrecking, and honestly of late, too disturbing for you as a community to not persistently question what is going on. I know some groups have tried, are trying. Honestly, you can do better.

Why I’m even addressing this to you when clearly the so called International Community has continuously failed us in Congo, Burundi, Syria and Palestine and ofcourse the one tragedy in the African Continent that makes us really wish for a time machine, The Rwanda Genocide. I am still beating myself up. However, I felt the need to remind you, should anything happen and you were in a position to perhaps raise your voices louder.

There has been a lot of injustice happening in Tanzania. People have been abducted, yet to be found. Opposition politicians have been threatened, locked up on really preposterous charges,denied bail...and Tundu Lissu is still recovering from an attempted assassination by unknown people whom I have dubbed ‘Voldermort’s Army’

A female student under 25 Akwilina Akwilin was shot to death as she was going about her life, but unfortunately at the wrong place at the wrong time. The bus she had boarded, was passing through a road that was being used by Chadema, an opposition party who at the time were allegedly proceeding to the electoral commission’s office to get official letters that would have allowed their poll agents to be present in the poll rooms. The letters were delayed until a day before the elections. Akwilina is a victim of our system that has by the way closed the case because they have failed to determine the person who fired the shot. Mind you, we do have this beautiful process of a post mortem that normally determines the cause of death and I ‘m just assuming we have the expertise and facilities to sweep the crime scene and produce a proper forensics report that would have most definitely found this missing bullet that hit Akwilina. Yes, apparently the bullet is missing and therefore they cannot have a ballistics report that would have showed what registered gun it came from. Allegedly there were 200 people who joined Chadema in this ‘walk/march’. Civilians, some not even party members I hear but rather enthusiasts who joined in for different reasons, including to support the cry against freedom of expression and the a voice against the many injustices happening.

Many were arrested, some refused bail until legal aid and organized NOISE nudged the system to actually exercise justice.

Before the sadness and shock of Akwilina’s unfortunate death had passed, we saw Abdul Nondo, another University student, disappear. At first there was compelling evidence and hearsay of him being kidnapped/abducted. He miraculously was found in Iringa. Mind you he resides and schools in Dar Es Salaam.

Abdul Nondo was then arrested, denied bail and later the public was informed that he had faked his kidnapping and will be held accountable. If he had kidnapped himself, why was he being denied bail on the basis of ‘fear for his life from possible attacks from assailants’..Very interesting.That is what the public was told.

We also have Azory, a journalist from Mwananchi Communications who has been missing for more than 4 months now. His family is yet to receive any news of any efforts to find him. He was allegedly covering a story of another very disturbing injustice and killings going on in Kibiti.

You might have been reading about all this but allow me to remind you again. Freedom of the media has been abused and denied to the extent that our local newspapers and news headlines are now PATHETIC because they are too terrified to report the truth and what gives in Tanzania right now.

Now I know very well as a community, each one of you probably has a representative down here and I have been speaking to some who have expressed their worry and how many of the expatriates are leaving because of the looming uncertainty and the turn of the economy which is supposedly meant to benefit the locals but the reality is VERY DIFFERENT.

You cannot claim to be development partners and be silent on matters like this. We won’t be able to work when we are dead.

Dear International Community, I have been seeing the Police give statements and some of our top government leaders give statements and Warnings of demonstrations that are allegedly being organized online by one Dr Mange Kimambi. She has managed to mobilize thousands of Tanzanians to pledge on social media that they will take it to the streets on the 26th April in a number of regions and Countries. Your countries. And as much as we call, believe and have witnessed Dr Mange Kimambi being an influencer, she cannot influence personal experiences that have already happened and are happening. Going through the comments on her Instagram page after she posts, the grievances are REAL. The outrage is REAL. The people are tired. And yes, even though this is a social media movement, and perhaps a minority few know of what is going on, but should these demonstrations happen, even those who are yet to be informed of the atrocities will know. And perhaps that is why being warned like it’s the end of the world.

The warnings have been very stern, with assurances of those who would dare will be treated accordingly. I hear the demonstrations are meant to be peaceful and Dr Mange Kimambi has been urging Tanzanians to carry their holy books as protection. With the keyword being peaceful demonstration.

I fear of what might happen to my brothers and sisters of this beloved nation of mine. I unfortunately won’t be around, but my whole family is and it worries me on how this ‘situation’ might be used to accomplish some other monstrous attempts on this country’s democracy and the universal declaration of human rights.

I fear there will be many other Akwilinas, not just Akwilinas, but those who would want to exercise this democratic right as guaranteed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and even our beloved constitution that we keep constantly abusing.

I ask myself, how do I bring up my daughters to be the woke people spiritually and consciously if they are about to witness such oppression. Oppression of the masses.

As much as many of us are going about our daily business, the uncertainty and fear that looms is absolutely terrifying.

So dear International Community, should anything happen, allow us to say ‘ WE TOLD YOU SO’ because we have.

The point of this piece is not to ask for help..but rather to say..Don’t come to us later and say “Had we known, we would have done more”. Like other nations basking in bloodshed and oppression, we might very well be on our way and just wanted you be informed of all this that is unravelling. If anything, let it be for the case studies in your very prestigious universities offering ‘African Studies, Globalization and Development, or better yet ‘International Relations’. And before you refer to sovereignty, and International Law, remember, it should after all be ‘For The People, By The People’..Or maybe just wait for whatever that might happen or not happen on the alleged revolution datel
Where there is darkness you can not see especially when the light is being controled

To the International Community. halafu uweke kiswahili? CarolNdosi Big up sana acha uzi uchangiwe na wanaojielewa

Tatizo ni nini Chief? Una maana kipimo cha 'kujielewa' kwa mtu ni kujua lugha ya Kiingereza?
Kwahiyo na wewe ni miongoni mwa wanaojielewa?

***Anyway angalia uzi alipost lini na ilichukua muda gani kwa members humu kuanza kuchangia!

HUjajibu swali langu,
na hao Mbowe wanakuwaje ni CCM B ? fafanua?
Mtu mwenye akili timamu anajua kua hakuna tofauti katika hivi vyama viwili sababu vinaazimishana viongozi na vinaongoza kwa unafiki.

Pale kutakapotokea vyama vya kweli vyenye kuweka mbele maslahi ya jamii ya Tanzania ama hivi tulivyonavyo vikibadilika kutoka vyama vya watu binafsi ama biashara na kuwa vyama vinavyowakilisha wananchi hapo tutaona mabadiliko ya kweli.

Ukiangalia siasa zao siku zote ni kupingana. Sijaona hata kitu kimoja ambacho cdm wakakipendekeza na ccm kukiunga mkono hata kama ni kwaajili ya maslahi ya Taifa. Vilevile sijaona hata kitu kimoja wapinzani wamekubali kama serikali inakifanya ni kizuri. Kwa siasa kama hizi watu makini tunakaa pembeni lakini washabiki wanakua makada.

Angalia Marekani uchaguzi wao wanadai ulihujumiwa na urusi vyama vyote vimeungana UK baada ya referendum kujitoa Europe wote wameungana pale wananchi walipoamua katika kura hata kama kuna tofauti wanaungana kutafuta jinsi ya kutatua ili lisitokee tatizo kama hilo. Hapa kwetu ni ndoto nadhani nimekupatia jibu na maelezo mubashara

Mtu mwenye akili timamu anajua kua hakuna tofauti katika hivi vyama viwili sababu vinaazimishana viongozi na vinaongoza kwa unafiki.

Pale kutakapotokea vyama vya kweli vyenye kuweka mbele maslahi ya jamii ya Tanzania ama hivi tulivyonavyo vikibadilika kutoka vyama vya watu binafsi ama biashara na kuwa vyama vinavyowakilisha wananchi hapo tutaona mabadiliko ya kweli.

Ukiangalia siasa zao siku zote ni kupingana. Sijaona hata kitu kimoja ambacho cdm wakakipendekeza na ccm kukiunga mkono hata kama ni kwaajili ya maslahi ya Taifa. Vilevile sijaona hata kitu kimoja wapinzani wamekubali kama serikali inakifanya ni kizuri. Kwa siasa kama hizi watu makini tunakaa pembeni lakini washabiki wanakua makada.

Angalia Marekani uchaguzi wao wanadai ulihujumiwa na urusi vyama vyote vimeungana UK baada ya referendum kujitoa Europe wote wameungana pale wananchi walipoamua katika kura hata kama kuna tofauti wanaungana kutafuta jinsi ya kutatua ili lisitokee tatizo kama hilo. Hapa kwetu ni ndoto nadhani nimekupatia jibu na maelezo mubashara

duh!
naamini ni Mtazamo wako tu huu!

Nimeona tu jina la Tundu Lissu na Akwilina,

Atakuwa anazungumzia masuala ya Haki na Demokrasia.

Kujua "English" ni muhimu sana.
Ha ha ...kikristo kilikuja na meli Mkuu...kuna mzee wangu alikua enzi hizo ananiambia "English is money, unataka pesa jua ki english" hatari sana!

Back
Top Bottom